PDA

View Full Version : PHP-NUKE - modules help

Jordan3606
10-02-2008, 04:42 PM
PHP-NUKE doesnt have a support forum so I guess I'll ask here, somebody is bound to know, lol.

When I create a custom block, and try and insert a banner ad into it (I'm putting the correct HTML in), when I save it and go to view it on my homepage, the custom block is there, but no ad? It doesnt seem to like images :( Any way to fix this? Or am i doing something wrong? I dont want to use the built in Ad manager.

+rep to anyone who can help :)

QuickScriptz
10-02-2008, 06:14 PM
What's probably happened is that you have an incorrect path to the image/ad. When dealing with PHP-Nuke blocks I find it easier to use exact urls for images due to the complicated including that PHP-Nuke does to generate blocks and templates...

P.S. The built-in ad manager isn't that hard to use once you figure it out :)

Jordan3606
10-02-2008, 06:40 PM
What's probably happened is that you have an incorrect path to the image/ad. When dealing with PHP-Nuke blocks I find it easier to use exact urls for images due to the complicated including that PHP-Nuke does to generate blocks and templates...

P.S. The built-in ad manager isn't that hard to use once you figure it out :)

I'm using the correct path to image - its a affiliate one from HostGator :)

I also found that PHP-NUKE doesnt seem to support images anywhere, I tried to add images to content, news stories etc. and they also do not show up :(

QuickScriptz
11-02-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm using the correct path to image - its a affiliate one from HostGator :)

I also found that PHP-NUKE doesnt seem to support images anywhere, I tried to add images to content, news stories etc. and they also do not show up :(

Well I can garuantee you that you're doing something wrong as PHP-Nuke most definitely does support images... I know this because I recently finished a site for a guy who used PHP-Nuke and images worked fine. I really don't know what to sugget except to Google 'PHP-Nuke Forums' which will get you to a support forum where you can post for help from some more experienced experts.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!