PDA

View Full Version : Just got a PS3

e5
10-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Just got a PS3 today. Any recommended games?

I've got

Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Turok

We only had a limited choice to choose from.

Anyway anything I can do that's not obvious or some basic tips would be great :D Dad atm is just setting up the internet so I can get online.

Went to see some cars to coming back with a PS3!!

blood99
10-02-2008, 06:14 PM
get call of duty

e5
10-02-2008, 06:14 PM
get call of duty
That was helpful :rolleyes:.. Any reason as to why?

Technologic
10-02-2008, 07:31 PM
That was helpful :rolleyes:.. Any reason as to why?
Dont get COD3 get COD4, it's a good game and definately get the orange box.

Josh-H
10-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Call of Duty 4 is a brilliant game for an FPS fan and a must-own if you have online.

Motorstorm is pretty good and cheap nowadays & unreal tournament 3 is coming to the UK soon :)

Awfy
10-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Okay these are my personal recommendations from the games I have purchased;

Call Of Duty 4
It's very addictive once you get online mode. I'm not a big army related game fan as I'm not into all that shooting and stuff. Still once I had a shot of this game I was hooked.

Skate.
I normally buy at least one of the Tony Hawk games that get released over the period of time a console is around. So I thought I'd try EA Games' Skate. - it's brilliant. Some great online features and an interesting storyline.

Guitar Hero III
For obvious reasons this game is amazing, you have a laugh while you're playing with friends and it's great to film and stick on YouTube to annoy everyone.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Maybe the best adventure game I've ever played, down point is the fact once you've completed the missions there isn't anything to do.

I recommend you avoid Need For Speed: Pro Street, I'm a big car fan yet this just disappointed on so may levels.

e5
10-02-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm more into racing games tbh, any good ones such as ridge racer?

But I'm considering COD4 because my mate got it for 360 and you're all reccomending it. :D tyyyy any more things

Nixt
10-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Call of Duty 4 is a definite. I also liked Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

brandon
10-02-2008, 10:19 PM

But I'm considering COD4 because my mate got it for 360 and you're all reccomending it. :D tyyyy any more things
Formula One Championship Edition?

e5
11-02-2008, 09:47 AM
That was an option but in the past formula 1 games have been rubbish :(

Josh-H
11-02-2008, 09:49 AM

I never liked that much, good graphics but the AI was terrible. It didn't even realise you were there...

I wouldn't go for Ridge Racer 7 either really, how about Burnout Paradise? or even DiRT.

e5
11-02-2008, 10:08 AM
I never liked that much, good graphics but the AI was terrible. It didn't even realise you were there...

I wouldn't go for Ridge Racer 7 either really, how about Burnout Paradise? or even DiRT.
yeah I've got RR7.

Technologic
11-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Ew ew ew. Ridge Racer 7 is ****

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!