PDA

View Full Version : Opening a forum! (HELP)

rawritsluke
10-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Okay I'm opening a forum, I will pay for the domain and hosting all I need is a co-owner with a licensed vBulletin forum and who is motivated :)

L!nK..
10-02-2008, 06:38 PM
If you're opening a forum, aren't you suppose to have the forum :l

rawritsluke
10-02-2008, 06:40 PM
No not always. I need a co-owner WITH a forum.
But I'm paying for the domain(S) and hosting.

Snex
11-02-2008, 07:15 PM
If someone supplied you with a forum and that is the only thing which you are having on the site then they are entitled to be a owner and have the same amount of decisions which you have especially since the person with the forum will have payed much more than you have for quite awhile.

Hypertext
11-02-2008, 07:35 PM
The person who pays what.. 50 pounds should be the one to be the "owner" over the person who pays 10 pounds.

QuickScriptz
11-02-2008, 10:12 PM
If someone supplied you with a forum and that is the only thing which you are having on the site then they are entitled to be a owner and have the same amount of decisions which you have especially since the person with the forum will have payed much more than you have for quite awhile.

The person who pays what.. 50 pounds should be the one to be the "owner" over the person who pays 10 pounds.

In response to both of these replies I would say theoretically yes, technically no. Depending on how long the site/forum stays open for it may very well end up with the person paying for the hosting + domain paying out a lot more than the person who bought the vBulletin....

But in general I would agree - the person supplying the vBulletin license (the base for the entire site) should atleast deserve the title of owner (so you would both be equal in terms of control/status).

Sitenote - Before you get into something like this I would make sure you set out some sort of mutual agreement so as you both know what would happen if one person wants to 'get out' or if anything else like that happens. It'll save you a lot of trouble later.

Hypertext
11-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Depending on licesned/owned vB.

rawritsluke
12-02-2008, 09:06 PM
The vBulletin owner would be owner.
What I meant with co-owner was.
They would own the site 50-50 with ME.
:)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!