PDA

View Full Version : itunes claims to be missing files..

Grimmauld
10-02-2008, 10:04 PM
ok so my mom got a shuffle and wanted me to add songs and i tried and it said i needed a better version of itunes right so i go on itunes.com and try to download it dont even does anything just changes page and says thank you for downloading itunes then i try clicking itunes(this is after i tried to remove it and install it again) claims that it is missing files and wants me to redownload itunes, now i can see an itunes icon and there is an option to remove it in my add/remove programs but i press remove it doesnt remove, a uninstallwizard comes up but disappears.. wat? i always hated apple :eusa_wall

cocaine
10-02-2008, 10:06 PM
idk what language that was in.. but ok..

its obviously not apples fault if it works for me/everyone on this forum..

so its must be ur pc

Grimmauld
10-02-2008, 10:07 PM
did you have a hard time reading what i said? i used full words and not abbreviations so it shouldnt have been hard :s

Charlie
10-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Try restarting your computer, and having no programs open and see how that goes. It's just a stab in the dark but it might work.

Grimmauld
10-02-2008, 10:08 PM
i tried :( dont work itunes has officially screwed me over and btw anyone download the newest version of itunes off itunes.com?

Dan2nd
10-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Thats a tricky one hmmm I've never had any problems with Itunes or my Ipod so meh maybe you should e-mail Apple or something =[

edit: to you're post above my Itunes alerted me there was an update it downloaded fine!

cocaine
10-02-2008, 10:10 PM
did you have a hard time reading what i said? i used full words and not abbreviations so it shouldnt have been hard :s

no the fact that it was a very long sentence in which contained very little commas and full stops also your sentence structure was not very good meaning that in my head i was running out of breath trying to read it even though that is physically impossible but somehow i managed it

and yes, I am aware that i was being ironic in the above statement.

it might be a fault with your internet connection, itunes wouldn't download for a me a few weeks ago, maybe try tomorrow?

Zedtu
10-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Try to remove it in safemode ;)

Grimmauld
10-02-2008, 10:13 PM
what is safemode

Dan2nd
10-02-2008, 10:14 PM
I think you restart you're computer and press F7 or something and it asks which mode you want to start your computer in ..

Grimmauld
10-02-2008, 10:16 PM
whats difference between normal mode and safe mode? :o

Dan2nd
10-02-2008, 10:19 PM
An operating system in safe mode will have reduced functionality, but the task of isolating problems is easier because many non-core components are disabled(turned off). An installation that will only boot into its safe mode typically has a major problem, such as disk corruption or the installation of poorly configured software that prevents the operating system from successfully booting into its normal operating mode.

Also you press F8 not F7

[Chris]
10-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Nope, uninstall it and re-install it..
thats what happened to me, did that (^^) and it saves your playlist

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!