PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] Making money with merchanting...

micky.blue.eyes
11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
This guide has been written assuming you know how the Grand Exchange (GE) works, if you don't know how it works please read the guide written by BobX by clicking here. (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=424976)

Requirements:
- Patience (some methods take up to a day, but they're worth it.)
- A couple of mil (you can make a profit with less but it'll be way harder)

Basics:
The best things to do is to look for popular but unstable items. Things like godswords and pieces of god armour, but also treasure trail rewards and some barrow sets are good to merchant with.
Technique:
Now you know what to buy you'll want to know for how much you have to buy it. In my experience, it's best to buy items for little above their minimum value and sell it for little under its market or maximum value. I do this to make sure I get the item faster, which will lead to faster merchanting and therefore more money. This doesn't work like this for all the items but more about this is either explained below or you have to try it out yourself.

Merchanting with little money (Less than a mill).
As I said before, it's really hard to make money if you don't have at least a couple of million gp, but it is possible. Your best chances are obby items and the cheaper treasure trail rewards, like blessed dragonhide sets, trimmed addy sets, emote enhancers, god pages and other items that are sold quite frequently.
I haven't tried any of these so you'll have to work out the best items yourself.

Merchanting with a reasonable amount of money (1-10m).
Well done, you've worked your way up and it's now time to make better money. The items you should buy now are barrow sets and more expensive treasure trail rewards, like ranger items, trimmed rune sets, whips and any other popular but unstable item you can find. I've only tried merchanting Dharok sets so you'll have to find out if the other items work aswell.
- Barrow sets:
Barrow sets are a good way to make some money, you don't make that much money per set but because it goes so fast you can make quite some money. Just before I started writing this guide I was merchanting Dharok sets and made 270k in about 10 minutes (90k per set, of course this'll slow down a lot when more people use this method).
I buy all the pieces for the market value (I usually get them instantly for those prices) after checking that nobody sells them for the lowest price. I then make a set and sell the set for about 10-20k under the maximum value. It then usually takes about 2-5 mins before somebody buys it and makes me 90k richer. (You'll make more money with Verac sets and Guthan sets but you also need more money for those.)

Merchanting with a lot of money (10m+)
You've now made a lot of money and it's time to move on to bigger things. To make more money fast it's best to merchant multiple barrow sets (or other expensive items that worked well) because it can take hours before you've bought and/or sold god armour pieces and godswords for the right prices.
So for those of you who are fletching, alching, making potions or doing anything else that you can do at a bank, merchanting multiple barrow sets is your best option.
For those who'd like to spend their time doing other things that don't involve standing at a bank, merchanting god armour pieces and godswords is your best option.
I've merchanted Bandos tassets and Bandos chestplates, I buy them for 50-100k above their minimum price (usually get them over night) and sell them for 50-100k under their market price (usually sold during the day). Tassets get me about 400-600k and the chestplates get me about 900-1100k. <3

Now you know how to make money by merchanting, have fun and good luck.

FAQ:
Q: Why don't you buy everything for the minimum price and sell it for the maximum price?
A: As I said before, making these small differences in the prices will speed things up, I may lose some money by doing this but I'll make it back from the time I save which I can spend on merchanting. Some items are close to impossible to buy for the minimum price.

Q: Why don't you merchant Torag, Karil or Ahrim sets?
A: Not many people want the weapons that come with these sets, this makes it hard to sell the sets

Q: How much money have you made from doing this?
A: I've merchanted Bandos tassets and chestplates for a week now (and tried the Dharok set 3 times), this slow method has made me about 9-10m.

Q: Aren't you afraid that you'll make less money now you've revealed your 'secrets'.
A: Nope. I got enough money to merchant many different items, I'm sure I can make more money.

Q: What are you merchanting right now?
A: 2 Bandos chestplates, this slow method gets me about 2-3m a day and 2 Dharok sets, I pick up the money and make a new set between slayer tasks. I'm too busy doing other things to merchant full time.

Moved by BobX (forum Moderator):- Good guide, thanks alot :D

NighTFoX
11-02-2008, 05:14 PM
thanks alot this guides already started boosting my rs cash :D

micky.blue.eyes
11-02-2008, 05:18 PM
thanks alot this guides already started boosting my rs cash :D

Welcome and good luck. :)

Humoured
12-02-2008, 08:35 AM
THANKS for the guide, I can verify it works.

I bought a bandos plate last night for 18.65m (lowest price in GE) and I thought it wouldn't sell because loads of people were selling at lowest price, but when I woke up it had sold for 19.5m (and on forums people are buying for 19.1) I guess its good merchanting with different time zones..

Alkaz
13-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Nice guide :) WD

The Professor
15-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Mickey I love you. I've never made money while playing worms 4 before :P +rep

micky.blue.eyes
15-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Mickey I love you. I've never made money while playing worms 4 before :P +rep

Lmao, you're welcome. :P

dark-as-death
19-02-2008, 11:16 PM
so its just buying for min and selling for max?

The Professor
19-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Its buying the parts, putting them into a set and selling for max.

Btw dont do it with veracs, it doesnt sell.

Imnotpure
27-02-2008, 09:53 PM
This is facinating Mickymoooo, gosh thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Ugawa
15-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Fanx for the guide

XX

Patricia38
09-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I don't say this very often but, nice guide!

Shatter(1)
10-08-2008, 10:16 AM
You cant even merchent anymore?

Hated
13-08-2008, 02:23 AM
Yer u can

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!