PDA

View Full Version : AVOID THIS MEMBER ON eBAY. CRAP SELLER!

tdi
13-02-2008, 01:15 PM
The service I got was crap. This letter I wrote seems to sum it all up.

Im totally disgusted with the service I have recieved from you. Rest assured, my friend was planning on purchasing a phone from your company but I told him to avoid it.

I am reporting you to eBay. I recieve a phone which has a chinese keypad and chinese firmware. After switching it on for the third (i think) time I recieved the message "Phone start-up failed. Contact the retailer" and had to manually install English firmware (over some crap PCCW mobile rubbish) risking breaking my phone. What's next, I leave neutral feedback (as I think I have right to do so) and you leave me an automatic negative feedback with a message completely irrelevant to what it was. "ENSURE YOU CHARGE POSTAL INSURANCE WITH THIS BUYER" - that was not my case!

This is all after, of course, I wait 16 days for this phone arrive on next day delivery, which by my calculations is 15 days too long.

Almost every time I email I get an automatic reply, which has been pre-typed.

Adam

I know there's no proper ending but I exceeded my character limit. ack.

brandon
13-02-2008, 01:17 PM
What was his feedback like?

tdi
13-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Over the past 12 months they've recieved 1693 neg. feedback, 1504 neutral and 1436 withdrawn (not sure if withdrawn figure is total.)

Swearwolf
13-02-2008, 01:38 PM
member name?

jesus
13-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Over the past 12 months they've recieved 1693 neg. feedback, 1504 neutral and 1436 withdrawn (not sure if withdrawn figure is total.)why didnt you look at this before you bought off them?

tdi
13-02-2008, 02:07 PM
why didnt you look at this before you bought off them?
I did, but they had over 100,000 good feedback.

brandon
13-02-2008, 02:08 PM
You didn't buy it from Hong Kong did you?

tdi
13-02-2008, 02:25 PM
You didn't buy it from Hong Kong did you?
No, England. I've just found out that he gave me a fake tracking number. Pathetic.

Dan2nd
13-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Aw that sucks unlucky dude ! Thats why I don't use Ebay =]

Elkaa
13-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Stay away from eBay if you want decent goods, that's all I can say to you. Shops it may cost a little more, but you're backed by the law + consumer guarentees.

<3
13-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Would help if you told us their eBay username. :P

Swearwolf
13-02-2008, 03:14 PM
i said that :( dno who im avoiding

jesus
13-02-2008, 03:15 PM
i said that :( dno who im avoidingnot many people have 1693 negative feedback, use your common sense for gods sake.

Swearwolf
13-02-2008, 03:18 PM
calm down i hardly use ebay and dnt have a clue how to search that?

jesus
13-02-2008, 03:19 PM
click on the number next to their name, et voila.

if you hardly use ebay im sure you won't be on the receiving end of this seller seeing as theres millions of others out there.

maybe then you can stop spamming in every thread you post in.

tdi
13-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Sorry, forgot to mention. Sellers name is e_cell.

@elkaa, you're protected by law with eBay, you get the same quality stuff you just have to know where to look.

Swearwolf
13-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Sorry, forgot to mention. Sellers name is e_cell.

@elkaa, you're protected by law with eBay, you get the same quality stuff you just have to know where to look.

thanks xD
for not being as annoying as redneck

Jordy
13-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I absolutely hate sellers who you give a negative when you neutral them.

I gave a neutral because the condition wasn't too good, but I get one back moaning, and I felt obliged to 'Mutually withdraw' it.

The company sounds a nasty piece of work.

tdi
13-02-2008, 03:33 PM
yeah, he then sent me an email asking to withdraw.

I've reported the seller to ebay.

Tomm
13-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Get a refund?

tdi
13-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Get a refund?
No, I fixed the firmware the only thing bothering me now is the japanese keypad, but I'll replace it at some point. It's only got japanese characters next to some keys, it's still got "abc" "def" etc.

Prick
13-02-2008, 04:01 PM
No, I fixed the firmware the only thing bothering me now is the japanese keypad, but I'll replace it at some point. It's only got japanese characters next to some keys, it's still got "abc" "def" etc.

Learnn japanese? :D

And I only buy stuff off of ebay which cost like £5-10 ^^

Antony
13-02-2008, 06:17 PM
you are within your rights to ask for a refund if its within 30 days of the purchase, by law they have to do it if the product is faulty.

regarding the feedback, appeal it to ebay explaining the situation and they will remove it, i've had it done before.

Metric.
14-02-2008, 03:39 AM
I oreders a set of computer speakers from ebay, they came, looked used, so I complained about it and they said they would replace the center speaker because that was the only one that looked worn. The next day I check my email and it was like $$ has been refunded to visa card xxxxx and they never asked for the speakers back!! I think they made a mistske?

Neversoft
14-02-2008, 03:48 AM
Stay away from eBay if you want decent goods, that's all I can say to you. Shops it may cost a little more, but you're backed by the law + consumer guarentees.

The majority of sellers and goods on ebay are what you'll find in normal shops, but cheaper. It's just the minority who are on there to scam.

The guy had more negative than postive feedback over the past year, you should have looked at the comments and took that in mind before you bought anything. Avoid anyone with too much recent negative feedback.

Thought you said Chinese? :P

-Wolverine
14-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Funniest ebay feedback i've ever seen:

Complaint : BOUGTH IT FOR MY COUSIN WHO HAD CANCER, ITEM NEVER ARRIVED AND MY COUSIN DIED

PaulMacC
14-02-2008, 11:00 AM

Complaint : BOUGTH IT FOR MY COUSIN WHO HAD CANCER, ITEM NEVER ARRIVED AND MY COUSIN DIED
ROFLMAO!

tdi
14-02-2008, 12:38 PM
The majority of sellers and goods on ebay are what you'll find in normal shops, but cheaper. It's just the minority who are on there to scam.

The guy had more negative than postive feedback over the past year, you should have looked at the comments and took that in mind before you bought anything. Avoid anyone with too much recent negative feedback.

Thought you said Chinese? :P
but I was protected by law so if I didn't recieve the phone I could claim.

Regarding the Japa/Chinese keypad, call me stereotypical but both languages look the same. :P

Swearwolf
14-02-2008, 12:49 PM
They are the same random squiggles in my eyes

Neversoft
14-02-2008, 04:58 PM
but I was protected by law so if I didn't recieve the phone I could claim.

Is it really worth the hassle though? You could have bought it from someone else.

I'd never buy a phone off ebay. :P

Regarding the Japa/Chinese keypad, call me stereotypical but both languages look the same. :P

They are the same random squiggles in my eyes

Japanese and Chinese are a lot different. ;)

mat64
14-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Stay away from eBay if you want decent goods, that's all I can say to you. Shops it may cost a little more, but you're backed by the law + consumer guarentees.As long as you look into who your buying off you'll be fine. I personally haven't had much bad experience at all with eBay and if worse comes to worse as long as your paying by PayPal you should be covered really.

MattyBoy
14-02-2008, 05:20 PM

LOOLLL

LINK TO PAGE PLZ

tdi
14-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Speaking of feedback..

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mizzelphug&ftab=AllFeedback

jesus
14-02-2008, 05:40 PM
I oreders a set of computer speakers from ebay, they came, looked used, so I complained about it and they said they would replace the center speaker because that was the only one that looked worn. The next day I check my email and it was like $$ has been refunded to visa card xxxxx and they never asked for the speakers back!! I think they made a mistske?nah they don't ususally ask for it back - that would bea bit cheeky.

Metric.
14-02-2008, 07:34 PM
nah they don't ususally ask for it back - that would bea bit cheeky.

They told me they were going to send a new center chanel speaker, but they just refunded the money and I never heard from them again!

Recursion
14-02-2008, 08:15 PM
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/e_cell what an *** hole he is.

e5
14-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Why buy from a user with such crap feedback :S Always go for sellers with 1 or less negatives. and 2 or less neutrals.

tdi
14-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I quite liked the chance of having a 98% chance of a good sale. Unfortunately I was part of the 2% :(

brandon
14-02-2008, 09:52 PM
You hear about ebay removing negative feedback in May?
Haha, scammers heaven.

Metric.
17-02-2008, 12:04 AM
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kevinkuntz&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

good guy, funny name, slow shipping

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!