PDA

View Full Version : I've got my mates dad sacked after 30 years at his job

mike475
14-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Here's the thing.

Last Saturday, my birthday; ace. I ask my mates dad if he can get drink he says yeah. So were outside the shop and we tell him what we want, he goes in first for my stuff (we had a big list) and comes back out, we swap money; sorted.

He goes back in again, and he comes out saying "they havnt served me, they've seen my giving it to you" - im like crap. Then he starts like panicing going "there gonna call work" "i've lost my job". (He walked in in his Tesco work clothes). I seriously think its unlikely they will, as they must get this very often.

My mate came round 2 hours ago and said "my dads lost his job" at first I thought he was joking, but now I think he's serious. He found out by walking in on an argument his dad and mum were having, and that they told him not to tell his other brothers. To be blunt, he's the only form of income, 5 of them live in a tiny 2 bedroom house, and now because of me they have no money coming in what so ever.

He's gotta go in tomorrow for something, but this cant be right; can it? You cant loose your job for buying someone drink? He's worked at Tesco's for a solid 30 years, and I dont think hes ever been in trouble before.

I dont know what to do...

Edit: My 666th post. Coincidence, hopefully.

Acinuoulation
14-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Lol, I'm still getting over the fact he's worked for tesco for 30 years!!!

bo$$
14-02-2008, 09:46 PM
He should be charged not fired.

mike475
14-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Lol my dads on 27 years now I think, catching up :P

L!nK..
14-02-2008, 09:48 PM
What doees he do in Tesco, cleaning? still in a 2bed room house lmao

Barkseh (Forum Moderator): Please don't insult other forum members.

dannyisnotamazing
LOLLL.

Edited by Favourtism (Forum Moderator): Please do not post short or pointless messages.

Dan2nd
well it is illegal to buy alcohol on an under aged persons behalf so he may well have been fired as he works for the super market who could have lost their license to sell alcohol because of him.

Shrlurp
lols,

unlucky :)

dirrty
14-02-2008, 09:51 PM
well when he is in his work uniform, he represents tescos. so if he does something illegal (buying alcohol for underage kids), then that reflects badly on tescos. so he should have known if he was caught, something bad would happen.

so now you have the guilt on your shoulders, as you got ur friends dad friend, and that friend may not be ur friend for long as their only source of income has gone, because of u.

have fun ;)

Technologic
14-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Lol at the support peole are giving.

There's nothing much you can do... you've ruined their family.

He could always work at Sainsbury's?

brandon
14-02-2008, 09:54 PM
You must feel really guilty, and deservedly so.

Dan2nd
14-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Was he just a shop floor worker or like a manager or something because if he was only a shop floor worker it's not that much of a big deal it's not like he's lost a huge career or anything things may well be tight money wise for a few weeks but if he applys somewhere else he should be able to get a job.

mike475
14-02-2008, 09:58 PM
yes - i feel seriously guilty.

he was a general floor guy working in the bakery dept.

gonna have to talk about it to him tomoz, seriously hope he was only joking

dirrty
14-02-2008, 09:59 PM
did he hand u the booze literally outside the shop or like out of sight?

Acinuoulation
14-02-2008, 10:00 PM
http://uploadpicz.com/images/9BXWFL4.png

Edited by Barkseh (Forum Moderator): Please don't make pointless posts.

mike475
14-02-2008, 10:00 PM
did he hand u the booze literally outside the shop or like out of sight?
the shop's on a corner, and down the side street (past the shop premises)

mike475
14-02-2008, 10:01 PM
http://uploadpicz.com/images/9BXWFL4.png

Na our nearest is in the next town

Edited by Spectate (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't double post within the editing time limit. Simply edit your original post.

Dan2nd
14-02-2008, 10:02 PM
yes - i feel seriously guilty.

he was a general floor guy working in the bakery dept.

gonna have to talk about it to him tomoz, seriously hope he was only joking

It's not all doom and gloom then he can always apply at any of the other super markets the only trouble being they may ask him why he was sacked =[

Jõnathan
Here's the thing.

Last Saturday, my birthday; ace. I ask my mates dad if he can get drink he says yeah. So were outside the shop and we tell him what we want, he goes in first for my stuff (we had a big list) and comes back out, we swap money; sorted.

He goes back in again, and he comes out saying "they havnt served me, they've seen my giving it to you" - im like crap. Then he starts like panicing going "there gonna call work" "i've lost my job". (He walked in in his Tesco work clothes). I seriously think its unlikely they will, as they must get this very often.

My mate came round 2 hours ago and said "my dads lost his job" at first I thought he was joking, but now I think he's serious. He found out by walking in on an argument his dad and mum were having, and that they told him not to tell his other brothers. To be blunt, he's the only form of income, 5 of them live in a tiny 2 bedroom house, and now because of me they have no money coming in what so ever.

He's gotta go in tomorrow for something, but this cant be right; can it? You cant loose your job for buying someone drink? He's worked at Tesco's for a solid 30 years, and I dont think hes ever been in trouble before.

I dont know what to do...

Edit: My 666th post. Coincidence, hopefully.
...and this is one example of why under-age drinking is BAD.
on the other hand, i think your mate's dad can get a job at any of the following supermarkets:

Lidl
Aldi
Netto
Kwik Save
Londis
SPARbasically any gyppo store

Acinuoulation
Na our nearest is in the next town
Morrisons?

mike475
14-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Morrisons?
na tesco is the only local supermarket

fgs i feel terrible

dirrty
14-02-2008, 10:17 PM
so if he wants to work at a new superstore, he'll have to travel far?
how far is far?

Metric.
14-02-2008, 11:16 PM
LOL 30 years! Lolllllolol!!!

Edited by REDNECK (Forum Moderator): Do not post pointlessly.

jesus
14-02-2008, 11:20 PM
its his own fault for doing it really.

Judge Judy
14-02-2008, 11:41 PM
All I can say is unlucky to him, but he shouldn't of done it really.

...and this is one example of why under-age drinking is BAD.
on the other hand, i think your mate's dad can get a job at any of the following supermarkets:
Lidl
Aldi
Netto
Kwik Save
Londis
SPARbasically any gyppo store

Kwik Save went bankrupt and closed sorry to break it for you :(:D

Moh
14-02-2008, 11:52 PM
They can only fire him if it was during his shift?

Metric.
15-02-2008, 12:56 AM
My mom/boyfriend and my brother buys me alcohol whenever I ask. It's not that big of a deal for an adult to buy for a minor, it happens all the time, you just destroy the reciept and it's all good.

Virgin Mary
15-02-2008, 01:07 AM
i didn't even know Tescos had been around for 30 years, I thought it opened in like the 2000s...

Metric.
15-02-2008, 01:10 AM
i didn't even know Tescos had been around for 30 years, I thought it opened in like the 2000s...

What is tesco's?

ToMmO258
15-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Burger king sounds like a suitable career choice.

Virgin Mary
15-02-2008, 01:16 AM
What is tesco's?
The biggest British supermarket chain right now.

Metric.
15-02-2008, 01:35 AM
The biggest British supermarket chain right now.

Oh, I shop at hanaford bros.

Acinuoulation
15-02-2008, 04:48 AM
Oh, I shop at hanaford bros.
Tesco are coming to america/Already have. Get ready for tesco ads.

Hitman
15-02-2008, 06:56 AM
http://www.herecomestheboss.com/images/news/lg_for_B3ta_tesco_value_droid.jpg

lol. Tesco droid.

Unlucky but maybe he should have given it to you at your house or something...

le harry
15-02-2008, 08:37 AM
should of been a tad more careful then eh

Judge Judy
15-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Tesco are coming to america/Already have. Get ready for tesco ads.

It's called Fresh2Go or something like that.

tdi
15-02-2008, 12:48 PM
oh dear.

Edited by Barkseh (Forum Moderator): Please don't make pointless posts.

jesus
15-02-2008, 01:10 PM
My mom/boyfriend and my brother buys me alcohol whenever I ask. It's not that big of a deal for an adult to buy for a minor, it happens all the time, you just destroy the reciept and it's all good.you have a boyfriend? :O

i guess its more strict over here, seeing as it is actually illegal

tdi
15-02-2008, 01:15 PM
You could have made the "transfer point" a lot less obvious, ie not where the shop can see you taking the alcohol from your mate's dad.

Ashley 12344
15-02-2008, 02:45 PM

Exactly?

You just say you were carrying it or something. Last week my mate bought us some alcohol in Sainsburys. Walked in with him, carried it to till, carried it out. He just paid.

Dan2nd
15-02-2008, 02:50 PM

not if he was wearing his uniform which means he was representing the company they don't want someone represnting their company while illegally buying alcohol for a minor

jesus
15-02-2008, 03:00 PM
not if he was wearing his uniform which means he was representing the company they don't want someone represnting their company while illegally buying alcohol for a minoryeah and if he's done that then they will probably think that he does it at tescos where he works too

cocaine
15-02-2008, 03:13 PM
im actually glad this happened - you shouldnt be drinking underage and he is breaking the law! nuff said!

Acinuoulation
15-02-2008, 03:17 PM
im actually glad this happened - you shouldnt be drinking underage and he is breaking the law! nuff said!
Omg grow up and let go, haven't you ever had a night out with the lads on the weekend?

saosin!
15-02-2008, 03:17 PM
No offence, but he kinda deserved it
I mean, hes just broken the law, purchasing drink for underage teenagers.

but yeah; hope it gets sorted out.

Dan2nd
15-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I work at Waitrose as well and the managers there always have someone standing by the door looking out for groups of kids they keep watching until they go away so meh maybe thats how you got caught

Acinuoulation
15-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Technocally teenagers use to be able not to buy alcohol but drink it on the streets, now theres some dumb new law what makes teens not allowed to drink on the street, about 5 months ago me and a couple of lads and a few girls were pulled over and they saw the booze on us and all they said is ''have a good night and pretend we never saw it!'' now when my mates cousin got pulled over with booze a few days ago it was tooken of him...

Dan2nd
15-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Technocally teenagers use to be able not to buy alcohol but drink it on the streets, now theres some dumb new law what makes teens not allowed to drink on the street, about 5 months ago me and a couple of lads and a few girls were pulled over and they saw the booze on us and all they said is ''have a good night and pretend we never saw it!'' now when my mates cousin got pulled over with booze a few days ago it was tooken of him...

It's not a dumb law at all it's meant to prevent anti social behavior as my family has had our window broken twice by a bunch of stupid immature drunk 13 year olds I fully support it

cocaine
15-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Omg grow up and let go, haven't you ever had a night out with the lads on the weekend?

yes maybe they would have had a night out if they werent so stupid enough as to hand it to the kid right outside the store?

jesus
15-02-2008, 03:26 PM
It's not a dumb law at all it's meant to prevent anti social behavior as my family has had our window broken twice by a bunch of stupid immature drunk 13 year olds I fully support itI'm in support of this also, drinking on the streets isn't allowed for ANYBODY though is it?!

Dan2nd
15-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm in support of this also, drinking on the streets isn't allowed for ANYBODY though is it?!

errrrm I'm not sure to be honest I guess thats right other wise it'd conflict with age discrimination laws.

jesus
15-02-2008, 03:48 PM
errrrm I'm not sure to be honest I guess thats right other wise it'd conflict with age discrimination laws.it could be right, i know you definitely can't do it in public :)

tdi
15-02-2008, 03:49 PM
I love it how some people think they obviously know the law despite the fact that he's been sacked?

Firehorse
15-02-2008, 04:24 PM
He could just say the guy who phoned saw someone else who looked similar giving a child drink.

Neversoft
15-02-2008, 04:26 PM
I bet if it was an 18 rated film and he bought it and gave it to you they wouldn't care. It's up to the parents if their children drink alcohol or not.

You can always let your friend get your dad fired to settle everything.

skins
15-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Has Tescos even been around for 30 years?

Ostinato
15-02-2008, 05:24 PM
errrrm I'm not sure to be honest I guess thats right other wise it'd conflict with age discrimination laws.

Pmsl thats like saying its discrimination that under 16's can't legally have sex, or it's discrimination you can't get married until your 16.

Dan2nd
15-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Pmsl thats like saying its discrimination that under 16's can't legally have sex, or it's discrimination you can't get married until your 16.

Hey I'm no solicitor and obviously will have no future in law no need to take the piss :P

Has Tescos even been around for 30 years?

Yes it has:

The Tesco brand first appeared in 1924. The name came about after Jack Cohen bought a shipment of tea from T.E. Stockwell. He made new labels using the first three letters of the supplier's name (TES), and the first two letters of his surname (CO), forming the word "TESCO".[4]

The first Tesco store was opened in 1929 in Burnt Oak, Edgware, Middlesex. Tesco floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1947 as Tesco Stores (Holdings) Limited.[5] The first self service store opened in St Albans in 1947 (still operational in 2007 as a Metro),[6] and the first supermarket in Maldon in 1956.[5]

During the 1950s and the 1960s Tesco grew organically, but also through acquisitions until it owned more than 800 stores. The company purchased 70 Williamsons stores (1957), 200 Harrow Stores outlets (1959), 212 Irwins stores (1960), 97 Charles Phillips stores (1964) and the Victor Value chain (1968) (sold to Bejam in 1986).[7]

Metric.
15-02-2008, 06:58 PM
It's called Fresh2Go or something like that.

i think that's loblaws in canada?

you have a boyfriend? :O

i guess its more strict over here, seeing as it is actually illegal

my mom's boyfriend, he always calls and checks with her before he does it, but she never says no.

Lubricant
15-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Couldn't he get a proper job?

Boonzeet
15-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Some people bunked out at school, or don't have the GCSE's or university grades.

30 years at tesco? He would of been promoted, surely.:rolleyes:

Metric.
15-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Some people bunked out at school, or don't have the GCSE's or university grades.

30 years at tesco? He would of been promoted, surely.:rolleyes:

~cArT pUsHeR~

Edited by REDNECK (Forum Moderator): Stop posting pointlessly.

Moh
15-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Why didn't he just say he was buying it, but gave it to his son to take him. Im pritty sure he can prove it that he was giving it to his son if there CCTV. Unless he took the cash off you.. then it shows he was buying it for you.

Metric.
15-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Why didn't he just say he was buying it, but gave it to his son to take him. Im pritty sure he can prove it that he was giving it to his son if there CCTV. Unless he took the cash off you.. then it shows he was buying it for you.

He worked at the grocery store for 30 years, he's probably not that clever.

tdi
15-02-2008, 09:46 PM
He worked at the grocery store for 30 years, he's probably not that clever.
lmao.

longer.

Edited by REDNECK (Forum Moderator): Do not post pointlessly.

Metric.
15-02-2008, 09:52 PM
~cArT pUsHeR~

How is stating that he is probably the cart pusher pointless?

Technologic
15-02-2008, 09:59 PM
How is stating that he is probably the cart pusher pointless?

Everything is pointless according to REDNECK...

On topic:

It's his own fault in the first place for buying the stuff for underage kids.

But still, some of the blame falls on you

Metric.
15-02-2008, 10:20 PM

On topic:

It's ok for him to post when ever he can to get his post count up?

ANYWAY, ENOUGH "POSTING POINTLESSLY" AND BACK ON TOPIC!

Did they or did they not call Tesco's and rat him out? + how would they know who it was? was he wearing a name tag?

LOLOL.

(ON TOPIC)

Does tescos sell fish?

Niall!
15-02-2008, 10:37 PM
omg pmsl

and unlucky, but surely they can't fire him off duty?

Metric.
15-02-2008, 10:38 PM
omg pmsl

and unlucky, but surely they can't fire him off duty?

why would the fire REDNECK, he's a legend... like that guys dad for working at the grocery store for 30 years.

tdi
15-02-2008, 11:06 PM
LOLOL.

(ON TOPIC)

Does tescos sell fish?
yes, they do.

Metric.
15-02-2008, 11:14 PM
yes, they do.

I bet that guy had service pins covering his name tag, because he worked there for sooo long!!!

Teyauna.
15-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Well, I would say it's a 50/50 thing. It's his fault and yours. If you had not asked him to buy the alcohol, he would still be working BUT, it was his choice to buy it. He could've said no.

Technologic
15-02-2008, 11:31 PM
LOLOL.

(ON TOPIC)

Does tescos sell fish?
Many varieties of fish

tdi
15-02-2008, 11:33 PM
I bet that guy had service pins covering his name tag, because he worked there for sooo long!!!
Oh how I long for a gold award in fish preparation.

Bouncing
18-02-2008, 08:57 PM
oh crap, theres nothing you can do :S

You can say sorry but that obvs wont be good enough to him.
I suppose if you have money saved up for something you wanted give it to him eek dam sorry but ur screwed. he should of dropped the alcohol over at ur house instead. tbh its his own fault too.

Sabbath
19-02-2008, 12:24 AM
I hope the fleas from your cow inflame your rhubarb!

Edited by Favourtism (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

jrh2002
19-02-2008, 06:15 PM
He bought it and knew it was wrong so its all his own doing. If kids drink and dont cause a problem I dont see it as a big deal but to do it right under the noses of the shop he bought the booze from probably goes a long way in explaining why he was a shelf stacker for 30 years.
Many companies would fire you for doing something bad in their uniform.
He would probably make more money in a day shop lifting from tesco than what he made working there in a week so I think you did him a favour.

This is probably the funniest thread I have read in ages. :eusa_whis

Ad-ham.
19-02-2008, 06:34 PM
He bought it and knew it was wrong so its all his own doing. If kids drink and dont cause a problem I dont see it as a big deal but to do it right under the noses of the shop he bought the booze from probably goes a long way in explaining why he was a shelf stacker for 30 years.
Many companies would fire you for doing something bad in their uniform.
He would probably make more money in a day shop lifting from tesco than what he made working there in a week so I think you did him a favour.

This is probably the funniest thread I have read in ages. :eusa_whis
apologies for the off-topic post, but since when did you not work for habbox?

Ashley 12344
19-02-2008, 08:38 PM

On topic:

He is a bit edit happy...

Has the thread starter posted within like a week?
Bit stupid if he wore his name tag out and about.

JackHb
19-02-2008, 09:07 PM
First of all he shouldn't have been so silly, and they probably need proof to prove it.

And secondly, if he works in Tesco he could have got the booze for discount instead of going to a shop

Scania
19-02-2008, 11:08 PM
If he buys Alcohol for under-ager then can't he get done for 'Porgery' or forgery something?

Paulio
19-02-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't see how they can fire him for something he did out of work time. If he does get fired though, it's his own fault.

Ad-ham.
19-02-2008, 11:22 PM
If he buys Alcohol for under-ager then can't he get done for 'Porgery' or forgery something?
how would it be forgery? forgery is creating counterfeit banknotes, for example.

Scania
19-02-2008, 11:25 PM
how would it be forgery? forgery is creating counterfeit banknotes, for example.
Yeah, I highly thought it was forgery.. I forget the proper name. Porgery?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!