Bacary Sagna (personal reasons)
Philippe Senderos (knee/thigh)
Robin van Persie (thigh)
Theo Walcott (thigh)

dannyisnotamazing
15-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Thats cool.

Hi Liammmmm!! Go on msn

Edited by REDNECK (Forum Moderator): Do not post pointlessly. :)

Xeck
16-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Senderos and Clichy could play. :]

e5
16-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Arsenal should get some more English players, probably less injuries although their only 1 English man is out injured! Let's more foreigners get injured than English? :S

Muniflex
16-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Arsenal should get some more English players, probably less injuries although their only 1 English man is out injured! Let's more foreigners get injured than English? :S

My point also!

BUY SOME REMOVED ENGLISH PLAYERS!! It is disgracefull that they hardly ever have an English player in the starting 11.

(sorry for swearing but it really angers me!)

Edited by REDNECK (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the langauge filter :)

Disaronno
16-02-2008, 01:38 AM

My point also!

BUY SOME REMOVED ENGLISH PLAYERS!! It is disgracefull that they hardly ever have an English player in the starting 11.

So let Arsenal become rubbish by signing crap English players? this is coming from a british person aswell. We go for quality not nationality. We have English players, they just arent good enough. KICK RACISM OUT OF FOOTBALL, yea right, other teams cant handle it.

Simmzay
16-02-2008, 04:18 AM
Yeah I hear players like Woodgate, Owen, Lampard, Terry and Neville never get injured....

Oh wait.

Greco!!
16-02-2008, 08:30 AM

How will having more english players help us get less injury's :S

My point also!

BUY SOME F'ING ENGLISH PLAYERS!! It is disgracefull that they hardly ever have an English player in the starting 11.

Ok this might give an answer to your post :)

"Maybe 80 per cent of the academy are English and 20 per cent are foreign.
"I don't feel obliged to field English players. I would prefer to field English players.
"First you want the club to be successful. At the moment we thought it was not possible for different reasons.
"Financially, top English players were very expensive, Manchester United and Chelsea bought them."

He is talking about the youth team in bold so maybe we will see lots of english players coming through the ranks

Someone name english players that will get into our starting 11 and doesn't play for man u, chelsea or liverpool

I can't think of any

Simmzay
16-02-2008, 09:05 AM
I think the likes of Gibbs, Randall and Gilbert can all make the step up.

Alan_Carr
16-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Unlucky Arsenal, and why are people still moaning about the Foreign players in Arsenal?
Get over it, jeez.

Minstrels
16-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Someone name english players that will get into our starting 11 and doesn't play for man u, chelsea or liverpool

I can't think of any
Oh I can... Micah Richards and Johnson, shame they ain't going no where, nice to see their contracts are nice n' big and Sven said they ain't going no where. ;)

Simmzay
16-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh I can... Micah Richards and Johnson, shame they ain't going no where, nice to see their contracts are nice n' big and Sven said they ain't going no where. ;)
Micah would be a substitute but never a starter for Arsenal. Maybe in the future though, when he decides to join.

Greco!!
16-02-2008, 11:38 AM

Exactly thats my point, even though i dont see either of those players getting into the starting 11 at the moment they would be nearly impossible to sign and they will cost to much

Not a dig at man u here just comparing

Toure £150,000
Or
Ferdinand £30,000,000?

Fabregas £1,000,000
or
Carrick £18,000,000 / Hargreaves £17,000,000

Adebayor £3,500,000 / Henry 10,000,000
Or
Rooney £22,000,000?

Now do you see why arsenal go abroad for players?

carrick
16-02-2008, 12:21 PM
city value richards at 30m which is laughable :lol:

Browney
16-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Exactly thats my point, even though i dont see either of those players getting into the starting 11 at the moment they would be nearly impossible to sign and they will cost to much

Not a dig at man u here just comparing

Toure £150,000
Or
Ferdinand £30,000,000?

Fabregas £1,000,000
or
Carrick £18,000,000 / Hargreaves £17,000,000

Adebayor £3,500,000 / Henry 10,000,000
Or
Rooney £22,000,000?

Now do you see why arsenal go abroad for players?

This post reminded me of the whole "going abroad for cheaper labour" thing.

I honestly think that if more Premiership teams played more English players then we would have more England potentials noticed for the big call up. Also, we'd have more players used to the pressure of big matches and having more experience. It seems they've put success in the Premiership before international duty.

Minstrels
16-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Oh and when Downing moves how much will he cost? And how much did Petrov cost? I can see which one be most expensive.

carrick
16-02-2008, 12:24 PM
rooney, carrick, hargy were all well known when united bought them. fabregas, adebayor, henry were not very well known and not proven to be good players.

edible
16-02-2008, 01:33 PM
How will having more english players help us get less injury's :S

Ok this might give an answer to your post :)

"Maybe 80 per cent of the academy are English and 20 per cent are foreign.
"I don't feel obliged to field English players. I would prefer to field English players.
"First you want the club to be successful. At the moment we thought it was not possible for different reasons.
"Financially, top English players were very expensive, Manchester United and Chelsea bought them."

He is talking about the youth team in bold so maybe we will see lots of english players coming through the ranks

I can't think of any
I would say Joleon Lescott and he doesnt play for any of them 3 clubs.
I think he could get into it if he was at Arsenal, he'd deserve it at the least.
But he's not going nowhere, he's insisted he wont leave at all, not even to one of the top 4 to get noticed. (Then again, we are 4th) ;)

I hope Arsenal bash United.

--ss--
16-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Ouch that's alot of injuries.
Is it me just having déja vu or has this forign players thing already been discussed?
Fact is that the foreign players are alot cheaper than homegrown players and in almost all cases they are far better.

Simmzay
16-02-2008, 03:04 PM
rooney, carrick, hargy were all well known when united bought them. fabregas, adebayor, henry were not very well known and not proven to be good players.
Henry was proven, Monaco and Juventus winger who was called up for the World Cup winning squad. Adebayor was decent at Monaco too, despite some temper issues. Fabregas was indeed unproven.

The whole concept that Wenger hates English players is absurd. First thing he did when he came here was rejuvinate the back four, and players like Adams, Keown and Parlour played on beyond their wildest expectations. Arsene doesn't want to buy established players anymore - he's put too much trust into the youth setup. And that's a recent "investment". It will take time to see if truly pays off in homegrown talent.

Xeck
16-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I like how this topic has turned into an argument about how Arsenal don't have enough English players. Personally I'm glad Arsene doesn't listen to all the people complaining over nothing because I'd rather not pay 10-20 million for an average English player, I'd rather he got a good player from abroad for much less. Besides, we're top of the league, why would we need to go splash the cash on more English players? Darren Bent has scored 3 league goals for Spurs and we paid 13 million less for Adebayor.

Minstrels
16-02-2008, 07:11 PM
city value richards at 30m which is laughable :lol:
Hate to break your little heart love but Rio went for what, 29 million odd? I don't think it's that laughable when you look at it that way. ;)

Geraint
16-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Richards is better than Ferdinand and Richards is like what, 11?

carrick
16-02-2008, 07:26 PM
richards better than ferdinand? hahahahah funniest comment all day! who is englands best centre back combination? terry and ferdinand mate

Geraint
16-02-2008, 07:27 PM
richards better than ferdinand? hahahahah funniest comment all day! who is englands best centre back combination? terry and ferdinand mate

And who's the right back?

Minstrels
16-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Urm you know he can play RB yh? Two places unlike Rio. And UnitedRoad you know when you get banned on one account, ever thought that your posts get reported because nobody likes inbreds? Oh I mean people who post dire posts, my bad.

carrick
16-02-2008, 07:28 PM
And who's the right back?
wes brown last time i checked :eusa_danc

Minstrels
16-02-2008, 07:30 PM
wes brown last time i checked :eusa_danc
Last time you checked a certain person called Micah Richards had a bad back, shows how much Cap likes him keeping him in the squad even though he's injured. :)

carrick
16-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Last time you checked a certain person called Micah Richards had a bad back, shows how much Cap likes him keeping him in the squad even though he's injured. :)
oh the injury excuse.. well if your playing that game gary neville would defo be englands right back if he wasnt injured.

Minstrels
16-02-2008, 07:35 PM
oh the injury excuse.. well if your playing that game gary neville would defo be englands right back if he wasnt injured.
Don't see Gary Neville in the squad even though he's injured so he can still talk to the England lads, oh he obv doesn't get respect from Cap or is it that Cap only chooses players he has seen play, not by name. So then it looks like it will take a while for him to get back in and he wont do because he is getting soooooo old. ;)

Xeck
16-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Richards > Neville anyday imo. And 29 million was a ridiculous price for Ferdinand, because English players are over-priced.

carrick
16-02-2008, 07:38 PM
GARY NEVILLE IS WORLD CLASS

Xeck
16-02-2008, 07:49 PM

If we could have him instead of Sagna, I'd keep Sagna.

brandon
16-02-2008, 07:56 PM
because English players are over-priced.
Wow, nice find.
I don't think I realised.

Minstrels
16-02-2008, 10:13 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-lol-squid.jpg

Edited by Favourtism (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Muniflex
17-02-2008, 02:18 AM
I undertsand that they are cheaper but i feel that the FA should bring in a rule that 8 of the 16 players picked should be English/British.

Im not just having a go at Arsenal now but any club. It is meant to be the English league and yet there are so many foreigners.

But that is just my view.

(Btw 3 Man. U goals were form british players:) I know 2 were from a Scottish man)

Simmzay
17-02-2008, 03:54 AM
I undertsand that they are cheaper but i feel that the FA should bring in a rule that 8 of the 16 players picked should be English/British.

Im not just having a go at Arsenal now but any club. It is meant to be the English league and yet there are so many foreigners.

But that is just my view.

(Btw 3 Man. U goals were form british players:) I know 2 were from a Scottish man)
In a way, Wenger is a little guilty. Not because he buys foreign players but some of the methods he uses are a little morally inept. Even if there was a limit in place, I think he could still build a strong team, but with a little less flair.

StefanCampbell
17-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Firstly. Micah Richards in the next 5 years WILL be a better player than Rio, and i'm sure Ferdinand, Terry, and Richards could all player together with Richards at RB(not Wes Brown cause he's just CRAP, my OPINION) English players ARE over priced, but that's because they're established in the ENGLISH league, and oh, you forgot to mention theo wallcott, how much did they pay for him? not much i don't think? english player's are always going to cost more because it's an ENGLISH league and they're an ENGLISH player, simple as, end of debate in my opinion.

Minstrels
17-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Firstly. Micah Richards in the next 5 years WILL be a better player than Rio, and i'm sure Ferdinand, Terry, and Richards could all player together with Richards at RB(not Wes Brown cause he's just CRAP, my OPINION) English players ARE over priced, but that's because they're established in the ENGLISH league, and oh, you forgot to mention theo wallcott, how much did they pay for him? not much i don't think? english player's are always going to cost more because it's an ENGLISH league and they're an ENGLISH player, simple as, end of debate in my opinion.
So true, just like foreign players established in the prem cost more because people know they can play well in the league... apart from Benjani he was dirt cheap and he's well good! :D

carrick
17-02-2008, 03:18 PM
duh of course he will rio will be 34 years old and coming to the end of his career :eusa_wall wes brown is not crap, he is playing well for us atm.

Minstrels
17-02-2008, 06:58 PM
duh of course he will rio will be 34 years old and coming to the end of his career :eusa_wall wes brown is not crap, he is playing well for us atm.
In your eyes love.

StefanCampbell
17-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Not a fan of Wes Brown, and i ment in 5 years Richards will be a better player than Ferdinand was even at his peak in form.

Mrs.Lampard
19-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Not a fan of Wes Brown, and i ment in 5 years Richards will be a better player than Ferdinand was even at his peak in form.

Me neither, i dont like Wes brown at all.
Yeah Richards will come good.

United.Road
19-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Me neither, i dont like Wes brown at all.
Yeah Richards will come good.
girls dont understand football though

Mrs.Lampard
19-02-2008, 04:52 PM
girls dont understand football though

Olright then mate, Just your opinion aint going to make a difference to me ;)

StefanCampbell
19-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Tbh, not only would she probably kick the poo out of you, she would kick yo bum at football, i no her irl, she plays for wolves girls, she skills up most of the lads at school.. nuff said.

United.Road
19-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Tbh, not only would she probably kick the poo out of you, she would kick yo bum at football, i no her irl, she plays for wolves girls, she skills up most of the lads at school.. nuff said.
nice lie :eusa_clap i play for man united youths aswell

Greco!!
19-02-2008, 05:08 PM
nice lie :eusa_clap i play for man united youths aswell

yep he does i no him in real life and he would kick the poo out of her so dont mess

FlyingJesus
19-02-2008, 05:10 PM
She's a Chelsea fan so must be doing something right

Mrs.Lampard
19-02-2008, 05:13 PM
She's a Chelsea fan so must be doing something right
Hhaha :)
My names Chelsea too :eusa_danc

United.Road
19-02-2008, 05:14 PM
i support chelsea because frank lampard plays for them and hes so fit

StefanCampbell
19-02-2008, 05:16 PM
[quote=United.Road;4461647]REMOVED

Edited by REDNECK (Forum Moderator): REDNECK = BIGGEST NOOB ON FORUM IMO

oh yeh btw u messed up the quotation thing up there, shows how much of a **** mod you are.

Mrs.Lampard
19-02-2008, 05:16 PM
i support chelsea because frank lampard plays for them and hes so fit
Lmao, Yeah he is but still aint the reason i support them ?
For one i aint going to be called Chelsea and support Man United,
And before you say glory hunter i've supported them since i was little.

Minstrels
19-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Lmao, Yeah he is but still aint the reason i support them ?
For one i aint going to be called Chelsea and support Man United,
And before you say glory hunter i've supported them since i was little.
He can't because he knows several members on this forum will come down on him like **** knows what, I shall not bring the major details up however there was a full thread discussing glory supporting in which he some what came to a conclusion that he isn't a glory supporter he just comes from the midlands and doesn't go to home games only games at villa because he cba to travel. ;)

Mrs.Lampard
19-02-2008, 05:30 PM
He can't because he knows several members on this forum will come down on him like **** knows what, I shall not bring the major details up however there was a full thread discussing glory supporting in which he some what came to a conclusion that he isn't a glory supporter he just comes from the midlands and doesn't go to home games only games at villa because he cba to travel. ;)

Oh Hhaa (Y)

United.Road
19-02-2008, 05:47 PM
yeah of course :rolleyes: i dont care what a kid on a forum thinks about me. my mates in real life know that im a real hardcore united fan.

Mrs.Lampard
19-02-2008, 05:50 PM
yeah of course :rolleyes: i dont care what a kid on a forum thinks about me. my mates in real life know that im a real hardcore united fan.

Nor do i care either?
Does is matter if im a girl ?

United.Road
19-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Nor do i care either?
Does is matter if im a girl ?
do you understand the offside rule

Minstrels
19-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Aww do you need her to explain it you so you can understand it? Aww didums!

Mrs.Lampard
19-02-2008, 06:02 PM

Course i do Lmao.
i aint stupid ? :eusa_clap

Minstrels
19-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Course i do Lmao.
i aint stupid ? :eusa_clap
You'll soon understand he's a typical United fan, a fan who will walk up to his mates on a Monday morning and go 'Good win this weekend weren't it lads?' even if they lost. ;)

Mrs.Lampard
19-02-2008, 06:08 PM
You'll soon understand he's a typical United fan, a fan who will walk up to his mates on a Monday morning and go 'Good win this weekend weren't it lads?' even if they lost. ;)

Lmao Thanks for that (Y)

StefanCampbell
19-02-2008, 06:11 PM

at this moment in time i dont think ANYONE understands the offside rule tbh..

Mrs.Lampard
19-02-2008, 06:12 PM
at this moment in time i dont think ANYONE understands the offside rule tbh..

True.. The amount of different decisions that are given :rolleyes:

StefanCampbell
19-02-2008, 06:14 PM
ya, typical fifa, foreign nubs don't understand football.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!