PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV Pre-Order Content Revealed

mangle
15-02-2008, 08:14 PM
The mysterious content that will be available to those who pre-order the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV is no longer a mystery. XF has found out exactly what you’ll get when you pre-order the game. More …

Shane Kim has been very excited publicly about his belief that the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV would be the best selling version and deliver the most content. We here at Xbox Family had caught wind of pre-order content that would be available exclusively to the Xbox 360, but had to guess what it would be. Automatically, we assumed it was one of the exclusive downloadable content packs that Microsoft paid an arm and a leg for.

While it’s not that big, Xbox 360 owners will still be getting some freebies as well as possibly getting even more. Those who pre-order the Xbox 360 version will receive a pack of 4 exclusive GTA IV gamerpics that they can download immediately and won’t be available to the general public. In addition to this, if you pre-order at brick & mortar retailers (real stores, not online retailers), you’ll receive an exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV game case which contains information on how to win a bevy of prizes from an upcoming giveaway that will be held on xbox.com.

The giveaway will only be available to those who pre-order the game. Inside of the case you receive when you pre-order the game will be a code to enter online for entry.

Giveaway Prizes Include:

-100 people will win an Xbox 360 Elite console.

-2000 people will win Grand Theft Auto IV apparel.

-10,000 people will win various amounts of MS Points ranging from 500 to 1600 ms points.

-10,000 people will win various XBL Gold memberships ranging from 1 month to 12 months.

So there you have it. That’s Microsoft’s big plan to seal up the Grand Theft Auto IV pre-orders. We would have preferred one of the downloadable content packs, but it’s still pretty nice to know Xbox 360 owners will be getting something for pre-ordering the game.

From what we know, this information should go public by at least mid-March. So you shouldn’t have to wait too long.

http://xboxfamily.com/xf/index.php?o...405&Ite mid=2 (http://xboxfamily.com/xf/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1405&Itemid=2)

Donno if its US only.

Alan_Carr
15-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Nice find, i hope its UK aswell.
Cos im gna pre-order it nearer the time :)

[Chris]
15-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Nice find, i hope its UK aswell.
Cos im gna pre-order it nearer the time :)

Preorder sooner rather then later tbh

in game, there were lots of pre's already

Neil
15-02-2008, 10:41 PM
And they say microsoft are money grabbing pigs, that's gotta be well over £5,000 of stuff they're giving away there
I'm not fussed, I refuse to pre-order from the shop xD

mangle
16-02-2008, 11:47 AM
I've pre ordered online! :]

Alan_Carr
16-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Pre-ordering tomoz at Gamestation :)

TehJoshy
17-02-2008, 10:08 PM
i pre-ordered on Play.com last month :D

£39.99 ftw!

Alan_Carr
18-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Has anyone got the release date for when it comes out in the US?

Falcon
18-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Sounds good, zavvi are giving way a sports bag and fire-proof games case.
I don't think that knocks what microsoft are offering.

mangle
18-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Has anyone got the release date for when it comes out in the US?
i think its worldwide release

Neil
18-02-2008, 05:34 PM
i think its worldwide release

Yea it is, one of the few games that actually will have a worldwide release xD

Technologic
18-02-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm still convinced there will be somethign exclusive for the PS3 version too...

However, if there isn't i don't really mind

Neil
18-02-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm still convinced there will be somethign exclusive for the PS3 version too...

However, if there isn't i don't really mind

Doubt it, the 360 is only getting exclusive content because Microsoft paid for it, unless Sony paid for some exclusive content I doubt you'll get it

My friend is a Sony fanboy and he's convinced the PS3 version has a bigger map, more cars, more guns and more missions, but it's not hard to know where he gets that idea from

Scouse
18-02-2008, 05:55 PM
cant wait for this game :)

Ashley 12344
18-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Doubt it, the 360 is only getting exclusive content because Microsoft paid for it, unless Sony paid for some exclusive content I doubt you'll get it

My friend is a Sony fanboy and he's convinced the PS3 version has a bigger map, more cars, more guns and more missions, but it's not hard to know where he gets that idea from

Is he stupid? Lol.

Alan_Carr
18-02-2008, 06:24 PM

He can believe that Neil ;)

Neil
18-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Is he stupid? Lol.

Yep, he didn't know what the gear stick of a car was for :rolleyes:

He can believe that Neil ;)

Lol I just thought "yes..You can say that but I know we'll have the same missions"

Oleh
18-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Pre-ordered in december :P best be worldwide contest

mangle
18-02-2008, 06:46 PM
I can't wait for this game!
They've done such a good hype campaign imo.

---MAD---
18-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Interesting find :O. I doubt I will pre-order this game though. I will most likely wait a few weeks before getting it as I have exams very near the release date!

mat64
18-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Sweet :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!