PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3

Jordan3606
16-02-2008, 11:53 AM
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6572/23239083nd2.jpg

Poor 360 gamers, Microsoft should take a leaf out Sony's book and not rush their console, not charge ridiculously high prices for add ons (HDD, play and charge kit etc.) and actually make a console that works!

;)

Conclusion: Buy a PS3.

Neil
16-02-2008, 12:04 PM
not charge ridiculously high prices for add ons (HDD, play and charge kit etc.)

Sony do that too? Sony just forced you to pay the extra for someone you might not need

and actually make a console that works!

My 360 works perfectly fine?

What the hell is the point of this thread? :S You just thought "I'm bored, time to **** off the 360?"
Seriously..Grow up...

mangle
16-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Anyway , the failure rate has lowered to 16.4% ;)

Neil
16-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Anyway , the failure rate has lowered to 16.4% ;)

He's just a sony fanboy talk out his ***, he doesn't know what he's talking about so this thread just makes him look like an idiot

Alan_Carr
16-02-2008, 01:41 PM
He's just a sony fanboy talk out his ***, he doesn't know what he's talking about so this thread just makes him look like an idiot

Couldn't agree more mate, what a pointless thread :S

Jordan3606
16-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Sony do that too? Sony just forced you to pay the extra for someone you might not need

My 360 works perfectly fine?

What the hell is the point of this thread? :S You just thought "I'm bored, time to **** off the 360?"
Seriously..Grow up...

The 360 elite is the same price as the 40GB PS3, and the PS3 includes all the stuff that Microsoft make you pay more for...

PS3 can connect to pretty much any bluetooth enabled device such as a bluetooth keyboard, but if you want to chat on the 360, you gotta buy a official chat pad :rolleyes: Thats just one example.

Also, just because your 360 doesn't break doesn't mean they're all like that. Not even a 360 fanboy can deny the fact that 360's have **** reliability. Sure, yours may be okay, but some people are on their 8th 360 now, LOL!

PS3 > 360.

And yes, I was bored! :(

mangle
16-02-2008, 02:39 PM
The 360 elite is the same price as the 40GB PS3, and the PS3 includes all the stuff that Microsoft make you pay more for...

The elite has 3x the capacity though ;)

Crazy Bartender
16-02-2008, 02:43 PM
People choose to buy chat pads. They don't just think. Hmm I need a chat pad to message someone! You can plug a keyboard into a USB slot and just type away. And PS3 has Blueray which is crap. Go away fan boy :).

Neil
16-02-2008, 03:29 PM

PS3 can connect to pretty much any bluetooth enabled device such as a bluetooth keyboard, but if you want to chat on the 360, you gotta buy a official chat pad :rolleyes: Thats just one example.

Also, just because your 360 doesn't break doesn't mean they're all like that. Not even a 360 fanboy can deny the fact that 360's have **** reliability. Sure, yours may be okay, but some people are on their 8th 360 now, LOL!

PS3 > 360.

And yes, I was bored! :(

I know 360s are not great but just because some people have 360s that break it doesn't mean the console doesn't work, most of the 360s that I've known to break either use third party things (like the cooler fan) which is one cause and some just over play the console

You do NOT have to use the messenger kit to chat to friends, you can use a standard USB keyboard if you want or just use the on screen keyboard

And the PS3 didn't start at £300, yea they've gone down now but that means nothing? Sony still FORCE you to have something you might not even need, whereas microsoft give you the option to have it or not, I'd rather pay £300 for a console with alot more better games and I can get the full use out of than something that has hardly any decent exclusives and has the blu-ray player I will NEVER need, if the HD-DVD drive was added to the 360 the base price would be even more but not everyone has HDTVs so having it seperate was a good move

Edit - As said above those things are OPTIONAL so you don't have to pay extra for stuff you'll never use, aswell as the 360 Elite having a much larger HD than the PS3, now looking at the 120Gb HD on it's own it's like £120 so it's only like £20 more than the standard premium 360 depending on what bundle you buy and where you buy it from

Jordan3606
16-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Although the Elite 360 has a 120gb HDD, the fact remains that you can pop any 2.5" SATA HDD into the PS3 and it works like a charm - no rip off first party crap.

£80 for a 250GB HDD from eBuyer, put it in the PS3 and volia, if you need it :)

Also, Blu-ray is not crap, it is the next gen format. HD-DVD is dead, most retailers and movie studios are dropping it and going Blu-ray exclusive. 360 owners who claim not to care about Blu-ray and say its crap are usually just jealous that PS3 games can be up to 5x bigger and better than 360 ones ;)

Neil
16-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Although the Elite 360 has a 120gb HDD, the fact remains that you can pop any 2.5" SATA HDD into the PS3 and it works like a charm - no rip off first party crap.

£80 for a 250GB HDD from eBuyer, put it in the PS3 and volia, if you need it :)

Also, Blu-ray is not crap, it is the next gen format. HD-DVD is dead, most retailers and movie studios are dropping it and going Blu-ray exclusive. 360 owners who claim not to care about Blu-ray and say its crap are usually just jealous that PS3 games can be up to 5x bigger and better than 360 ones ;)

HD is not dead, Blu-ray is useless, we have no need for blu-ray Sony just want the PS3 to last like 10 years

Jordan3606
16-02-2008, 10:34 PM
HD is not dead, Blu-ray is useless, we have no need for blu-ray Sony just want the PS3 to last like 10 years

Toshiba have just dropped HD-DVD...
http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNewsAndPR/idUSL1627196120080216

So yes, it is dead, and Blu-ray is the next gen format. So unless you want standard-def movies for the rest of your life (at least until digital distribution becomes popular) then you'll end up getting a blu-ray player.

Fez
16-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Lol I can't believe the 360 still has a bigger HDD than the PS3s.

Also this damn thread is pointless, RROD is like 1 in a trillion.

movie studios are dropping HD-DoovdeWhat does that matter to the damn game industry?

360 owners who claim not to care about Blu-ray and say its crap are usually just jealous that PS3 gamesLOL we're jealous of them mate, until LittleBigplanet and KZ2 etc.

They get all the exclusives and who blames them? Microsoft made a great product with a huge community and sales soaring above the sky. Of course a devs love to make exclusive 360 games, because they sell more. The 360 is superior to the PS3 in a lot of ways, the early bird catches the worm.

Neil
16-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Toshiba have just dropped HD-DVD...
http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNewsAndPR/idUSL1627196120080216

So yes, it is dead, and Blu-ray is the next gen format. So unless you want standard-def movies for the rest of your life (at least until digital distribution becomes popular) then you'll end up getting a blu-ray player.

*Text Removed*, Blu-ray is next next-gen not current HD is current, seriously think about this stuff before talking like you know what you're on about, Blu-ray is meant to last 10 years, it was released in the PS3 because they expect it to last that long, it's blu-ray would be the next generation if Sony didn't release it in the PS3, HD is not dead, just because the price drops? The PS3s price dropped does that mean the PS3 is dead? :rolleyes:

Lol I can't believe the 360 still has a bigger HDD than the PS3s.

Also this damn thread is pointless, RROD is like 1 in a trillion.

LOL we're jealous of them mate, until LittleBigplanet and KZ2 etc.

They get all the exclusives and who blames them? Microsoft made a great product with a huge community and sales soaring above the sky. Of course a devs love to make exclusive 360 games, because they sell more. The 360 is superior to the PS3 in a lot of ways, the early bird catches the worm.

I agree with all that apart from the RROD comment, the chances are alot higher than that even I have to admit that but it's still pretty low

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Administrator): Please do not be rude.

Jordy
17-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I have to admit Xbox 360's reliability is awful, but they did have to rush it and they haven't been in the console market it anywhere near aslong.

My 360 went just after a month as it continually crashed, you get a 3 YEAR WARRANTY, so what is there to worry about? All I did was walk in gamestation, and they gave me a new one, and took my old one. I kept my HDD which I don't think you can do easily with the PS3. Fair enough it is a bit of hassle, but I'm never going to lose any data over it, it's just going to cause me a little hassle ;)

Sadly it is true HD-DVD is dead, your fighting a battle which has already been won by Blu-Ray.

mangle
17-02-2008, 04:04 PM
My 360 is going perfectly , has been since the day i got it.

carrick
17-02-2008, 04:11 PM
my xbox has rrod atm but i still wouldnt swap it for a ps3

Johno
17-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Oh god, REALLY?! The RROD? Oh god, I have never heard of this before?

I mean get with the times, Its bloody 2008! Halo 3 has been out since September. Do you think its funny to make the comparison between Halo 3 and the 3 Red Lights of Doom after its been out for so long?

Hell, I have had 4 Xbox 360s and I still love it to bits. I have no desire to purchase a PS3 until there are some decent games and oh yeah, the online aspect gets a helluva' lot better.

3 is the Magic Number yano, We got an extra 3 Years Warranty for the RROD so please just shush. I doubt anyone wants to read your stupid posts, its pretty obvious your a Sony Fanboy.

.:; Johno

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!