PDA

View Full Version : Wii - How long do the good times last?

Josh-H
17-02-2008, 12:32 PM
I went over my mates last night and had a go on his wii. I thought wii sports and wario were good fun. Therefore I was tempted to TRY and get one if they are in stock now but I'm hesitant as I'm worried its just a gimmick and i'll get fed up of it.

Can people who own a wii give me some opinions on it? Does it get boring?

I own a 360 + PS3 and my favourite games are Halo 3, Forza Motorsport 2, Guitar Hero, Gears of War, Unreal Tournament. Not exactly wii orientated games, except GH.

FlyingJesus
17-02-2008, 12:33 PM
They're good for gatherings like with a couple of mates or whatever but if you want to play real games and not just the party games then I'd suggest getting something else.

Josh-H
17-02-2008, 12:36 PM
They're good for gatherings like with a couple of mates or whatever but if you want to play real games and not just the party games then I'd suggest getting something else.

That's what I was worried about tbh.. Hmm.

GommeInc
17-02-2008, 12:37 PM
It's good for the internet and for party games involving a few friends. But it can get boring after a while, but that's probably the games that get boring. Good games are on their way, like SSBB

PaulMacC
17-02-2008, 01:01 PM
I've had mines a year and I play it on average 1-2hrs a day.

jesus
17-02-2008, 03:01 PM
It does get boring yes. :)

benjamin
17-02-2008, 03:02 PM
i got bored with mine after about 3 weeks of playing around 2 hours a day or less.

mat64
17-02-2008, 03:03 PM
It get's boring yeh but if you get the decent games for it etc I guess you'll keep yourself entertained with it.

jesus
17-02-2008, 03:42 PM
It get's boring yeh but if you get the decent games for it etc I guess you'll keep yourself entertained with it.Not forgetting the controllers! You need to buy loads of different controllers for different types of game. :rolleyes:

Neversoft
17-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I haven't got bored with mine at all. It's all down to the games. If you like the games, you'll enjoy the console. Plus theres even more to do than play games. It is not a fad or a gimmick.

You don't own a Wii.

Party games? Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil, No More Heroes, MOH, plus a ton more. ;) The Wii isn't just party games you know. Theres a LOT more to it than that.

PaulMacC
17-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Not forgetting the controllers! You need to buy loads of different controllers for different types of game. :rolleyes:
No you dont lawl, the Wii supplies it all.

Neversoft
17-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Not forgetting the controllers! You need to buy loads of different controllers for different types of game. :rolleyes:

No you don't.

Whats the point in having an official controller with a console if it's not going to get used? All Wii games use the Wii Remote.

Bouncing
18-02-2008, 08:39 PM
dude i have a wii, yes it does get boring, if you have a ps3 and 360 i really think you shouldnt get a wii, and start playing online on something like cod 4 then you will reliase how much you prefer ur other consoles. it is a good peice of machinery but all i like on it is gh3 and moh h2 because moh is the only good online game and gh3 is fun and my dad wont buy me a ps3 or 360...

Everlong
18-02-2008, 08:42 PM
I have one, its pretty boring.

PaulMacC
18-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I hate people who say it's boring, they probably have all the diorhea games being puked out by 3rd party companies, I wish people would use there common sense and look up some reviews on a game before buying because right now the only good developer for the Wii is Nintendo itself, Konami is getting there cause Eledee's and Dewys Adventure rocks, Im getting Dewy when it's released. Nintendo are lacking 3rd party support because there new controller system hasnt been dealt with before and the only people who probably can utlizile the Wii to it's full potiental is Nintendo. There have been 6-axis controllers out for what 11 years since the N64?
To max out the Wii's potiental Nintendo needs to bring out a hard-drive with downloadable content and a Wii microphone for online play, they'll drag a few hardcore gamers in with that and they need more FPS.
I know we have Metroid but look at the likes of CoD4 and Halo 3, sure we have Smash Brawl and thats Nintendo's main weapon at this point in time but we need a flagship FPS other than Metroid if it even counts.
Anyway thats my rant over for now, Oooh and there's Mario Kart coming out too ;]

Charlie
19-02-2008, 12:15 AM
I have one, and it did get boring but I went and bought some new games I knew I'd play and wouldn't get bored of it and it isn't as bad.

I'll agree it is the type of console you want if you've got a group of mates around because of the type of things you do on certain games, but if you get the right games, it'll be good for when it's just you as well.

Andeeh
23-02-2008, 05:07 PM
They are lush

you need to find all the secret gems (The games that dont get advertised)

It aint partyish its shooting heaven! Fun filled frolics and Internet is lush

I had mine for bout 6 weeks

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!