PDA

View Full Version : CoD 4 Ally AI

Neil
17-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Am I the only one here that thinks IW need to spend less time on graphics and more time making your allies useful in this game? It's stupidly set up, you can't command them, they wont go forward unless you do first or they're scripted too and when you go up through the difficulties the only thing that changes it the enemy becomes alot harder to fight but your allies are still useless as hell?

sock
18-02-2008, 08:53 AM
I do actually agree with you a bit on that one. But at least you get 40G for it :P (Do the wet work mission on veteran and just let them do everything)

Alan_Carr
18-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Yeah i agree, they're pretty useless.
They hardly kill ANYONE, and just stand there, which tempts me to kill them ;)

---MAD---
18-02-2008, 03:30 PM
True but commanding your team takes focus of killing people yourself ;). Graphics are very important these days for any game if its to be a success.

mat64
18-02-2008, 03:49 PM
True but commanding your team takes focus of killing people yourself ;). Graphics are very important these days for any game if its to be a success.This is quite true, it's not that often that people will overlook the graphics for gameplay so unfortunately that's generally what some of the focus is put into. You make a fair point though, the AI on COD4 is not some of the best I've seen but atleast they aren't ridiculously stupid.

Technologic
18-02-2008, 04:44 PM
The allies are pants in most games. It would greatly improve all games if they improved the AI

benjamin
18-02-2008, 05:03 PM
This is quite true, it's not that often that people will overlook the graphics for gameplay so unfortunately that's generally what some of the focus is put into. You make a fair point though, the AI on COD4 is not some of the best I've seen but atleast they aren't ridiculously stupid.
only time i can think of people overlooking graphics is runescape, because that is all in all, quite shocking.

mangle
18-02-2008, 05:05 PM
i'd like an AI system that adapts to the situation.

Neil
18-02-2008, 05:32 PM
i'd like an AI system that adapts to the situation.

I donno about that, I think that would take to much fun out of the game but allies that will actually fight will be nice, half of the time you have to kill at least 90% of the enemies, someone needs to go to IF and shout loudly into their ears that wars are not won by one person and a few recruits that just went to look good

mangle
18-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I donno about that, I think that would take to much fun out of the game but allies that will actually fight will be nice, half of the time you have to kill at least 90% of the enemies, someone needs to go to IF and shout loudly into their ears that wars are not won by one person and a few recruits that just went to look good

If the AI did more scouting recon and stuff i'd like that.

Alan_Carr
18-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Would be quality if you could actually drive the helicopter, in multiplayer online.

mangle
18-02-2008, 06:24 PM
It'd be hard , shooting the people wouldn't be bad though.

Neil
18-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Would be quality if you could actually drive the helicopter, in multiplayer online.

They originally planned for players to be able to fly helicopters and drive tanks and jeeps but it didn't fit in with the story so they decided not too

mat64
18-02-2008, 06:28 PM
It'd be hard , shooting the people wouldn't be bad though.Yeh that would be pretty cool, although my helicopters are always shot down after like one kill :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!