PDA

View Full Version : Waking up early

ToxicPaddy
18-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Hi all

I need to be up tomorrow (and several other times) at around 6.30am. For some reason, the alarm clock never gets me up, so I have booked an alarm call with BT so they will ring me at that time. How can I get up early? I have heard about setting your biological clock but I don't know what that means. When you get up, do you find it really, really hard? I do, but I have to find it easier. When I get up I just feel like not doing anything, so I usually shower before I go to bed to save me from doing it in the morning. Also, does anyone else here feel extremely itchy and sensitive to clothing when they wake up? I do its so annoying, all clothes I wear are itchy when I get up. And brushing hair in the morning feels weird too? :(

Any help?

ToxicPaddy

P.S I know if I wanna get up I shouldn't be up at this time, no need to point it out :P

jesus
18-02-2008, 12:15 AM
I find it hard too. If someone else is awake at that time, ask them to wake you up. :)

e5
18-02-2008, 12:19 AM
On School mornings I find it sooo hard to get up, I try my best and get up within 10 mins :D Usually I get my dad to get my up at 7am instead of 7:30 as he is up at like 7 for work and getting up 30 mins early gives me a chance to wake up and chill for a bit :D

GommeInc
18-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Use your mobile phone. If the tone you've got it set on doesn't wake you up, the vibrations might :P When my Sony Ericsson k800i goes off I'm immediately up and ready. It has snooze too, which is useful.

Metric.
18-02-2008, 12:20 AM
I get up at 6-6:30 every morning, and I leave for school at 7.

If you have a cell-phone most of them have an alarm function.

Neversoft
18-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Drink a lot of water and don't go to the toilet before you go to bed. You'll wake up early needing the toilet. Thats what the indians used to do.

ToxicPaddy
18-02-2008, 12:22 AM
My phone is broken, so that wont work :( But does anyone else find things like getting dressed, brushing hair etc very itchy in the morning?

Edit to neversoft - Wow that actually sounds like a good idea, I'm going to try it!

Ad-ham.
18-02-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm absolutely terrible at waking up.. Alarms dont work for me, as I just turn them off and go back to sleep, I'm definetly not a morning person.

jesus
18-02-2008, 12:24 AM
My phone is broken, so that wont work :( But does anyone else find things like getting dressed, brushing hair etc very itchy in the morning?

Edit to neversoft - Wow that actually sounds like a good idea, I'm going to try it!I don't. Perhaps you should have a window open when you sleep so you don't get all hot and sweaty!

e5
18-02-2008, 12:24 AM

Edit to neversoft - Wow that actually sounds like a good idea, I'm going to try it!
Itchy? :S no.

GommeInc
18-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Just don't wet the bed :P

I seem to be all sweaty in the mornings and slumped over.

ToxicPaddy
18-02-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't. Perhaps you should have a window open when you sleep so you don't get all hot and sweaty!

Do you think the reason I get all itchy in the morning is because im sweaty in the night? I opened a window now so I will report tommorrow and say if it worked :)

Metric.
18-02-2008, 12:28 AM
I love sleeping in a cold room, when you have a ton of blankets and you are all cozy under them, I love it!

lew!
18-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Dont wet the bed lmaooo,
and i dont get itchy, try sleeping in a different place with different clothes, if it doesnt itch then its ur mattress or clothes.

jesus
18-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Do you think the reason I get all itchy in the morning is because im sweaty in the night? I opened a window now so I will report tommorrow and say if it worked :)It could be - that's what used to happen to me. :)

ToxicPaddy
18-02-2008, 12:38 AM
It has happened for years, had different matresses and clothes, maybe tonight could be the solution? I will say tommorrow :) Goodnight

GommeInc
18-02-2008, 12:41 AM
He's like our little HxF Brainiac.

Prick
18-02-2008, 12:43 AM
The thing I do is I put my phone in my pillow and put the alarm on etc, when it goes off you can never get it out of the pillow so it wakes you up for sure :P

Ad-ham.
18-02-2008, 12:44 AM
The thing I do is I put my phone in my pillow and put the alarm on etc, when it goes off you can never get it out of the pillow so it wakes you up for sure :P
that's quite a good idea. Thanks, I would rep you but it wouldn't be very beneficial.

Swearwolf
18-02-2008, 12:46 AM
use sensitive skin fabric conditioner for bed clothes. i do cos i always get itchy otherwise. i dnt when i sleep in my girlfriends bed tho dno wot she uses.

as for gettin sweaty, i dont - my window isnt even double glazed :(

waking up; family members all the time.

e5
18-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I love sleeping in a cold room, when you have a ton of blankets and you are all cozy under them, I love it!
omg that's what I love :D

Herman
18-02-2008, 03:49 PM
school starts at 7:25am for me, except for mondays (8:20am). i have to wake up at 6:20am for weekdays (except monday). 2 of my family members are already awake at that time and they wake me up.

alarms don't work for me sometimes. when i'm asleep i can be completely deaf to the surroundings. if it does work, it will take me about 30 mins after the alarm first rang, because i will just continue to press 'snooze', which is why it is a good idea to set your alarm way before you are expected to wake up.

Azul
18-02-2008, 04:13 PM
If you know you really do need to get up early, sometimes you will wake up earlier than normal. Happens to me.

ToxicPaddy
18-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Ok here are the results!

I woke up freezing at around 5am, went to bed and cause I booked an alarm call with BT, 2 mobile alarms and one alarm clock all for 6.30, and surprisingly they ALL went off at the same time, I got scared and jumped out of bed so quickly, freezing and was still shocked by all the alarms that went off, I would say this experiment worked.

Solution = Found!! Thanks for all your help :) And the itchyness of clothes still occurs :( But altogether, I would say its good :)

Thanks again!

Abbie.
18-02-2008, 06:00 PM
the thing with me is i sleep through my alarm :(!

or i get up, and just go back to bed

my dads normally my alarm clock rofl.. he normally yells at me

jesus
18-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Ok here are the results!

I woke up freezing at around 5am, went to bed and cause I booked an alarm call with BT, 2 mobile alarms and one alarm clock all for 6.30, and surprisingly they ALL went off at the same time, I got scared and jumped out of bed so quickly, freezing and was still shocked by all the alarms that went off, I would say this experiment worked.

Solution = Found!! Thanks for all your help :) And the itchyness of clothes still occurs :( But altogether, I would say its good :)

Thanks again!More covers/the window being less wide open might help with the 'woke up freezing' bit. :P

It's easier to sleep when you are colder. :)

Metric.
18-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I have no choice but to sleep in the cold, I have no heating in my room!

kardiogram
18-02-2008, 07:55 PM
the thing with me is i sleep through my alarm :(!

or i get up, and just go back to bed

my dads normally my alarm clock rofl.. he normally yells at me

i used to have bloc party - helicopter as my alarm
that definitely used to wake me up :|

Bouncing
18-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeh personally i need 9 hours sleep so i try and get to sleep at 10 and wake up at 7:30 so thats 9 and half then im ok getting up so get enough sleep set a really loud alarm and ull wake up and shower in the morning so if u dont get one the night before u will feel not dirty but feel u need a shower

Moh
18-02-2008, 08:54 PM
I wake up at 7am.. then push snooze 3 times :p

Danny,
18-02-2008, 09:57 PM
put your phone across the room with a loud/annoying ringtone on, and set the alarm. this helps me get up at 5-6 on weekdays really well unless i get back into bed lol

Herman
19-02-2008, 08:40 AM
put your phone across the room with a loud/annoying ringtone on, and set the alarm.
yes that works, that's what my mum does. in this case, you will definitely have to get up and turn off the alarm. just don't go back to bed though! :P

the 'many alarm clocks' idea is good too.

Firehorse
19-02-2008, 11:29 AM
I always have trouble getting up early, I find if you go to bed an hour early and also get a radio alarm and set it really load it helps. I almost get a heart attack when mine goes off it's so loud!

Dan2nd
19-02-2008, 01:24 PM
it's really weird for me I always wake up five minutes before my alarm goes off no matter what time it's set weird :O maybe I subconsciously know I need to get up =]

GoldSolid
20-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I started getting up at 6:30 on school mornings, and after a few weeks, I've found myself waking up just before the alarm goes off. I think that is biological clock or whatever the heck you were on about.

Krusty
20-02-2008, 05:12 PM
go to bed earlier.
its the best way to go about it

if you dont want to get up in the morning, chances are you neeed more sleep so go to bed earlier!

mangle
20-02-2008, 05:18 PM
if you got the right MP3 set the alarm on that. I set it to FULL loudness and put on the heaviest metal track i could.

Scared the bejesus outta me.

Abbie.
20-02-2008, 05:26 PM
if you got the right MP3 set the alarm on that. I set it to FULL loudness and put on the heaviest metal track i could.

Scared the bejesus outta me.

i did this once

LOL i woke up, and knocked it off the table

scared me :(

mangle
20-02-2008, 05:27 PM
mind you , i dont use it that often. They fall off every so often.

-Soph-
22-02-2008, 01:39 AM
I get up at 5am on school mornings, some days I really just don't wanna get up, so I set both of my DS alarms, my phone alarm, an actual alarm clock and my radio, lol.

I set them at different times, so, for example, I might set them at
1 - 4:55
2 - 5:00

etc., it really can't fail.

ToxicPaddy
22-02-2008, 07:04 PM
I get up at 5am on school mornings, some days I really just don't wanna get up, so I set both of my DS alarms, my phone alarm, an actual alarm clock and my radio, lol.

I set them at different times, so, for example, I might set them at
1 - 4:55
2 - 5:00

etc., it really can't fail.

I tried that, and when one goes off im like 'ahhhh in another min i get up' and each time it goes off I say 'i will wait for the next one' and im not fully aware sometimes that the last alarm has gone off and i still wait for the next one, go to sleep waiting and get up a few hours late lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!