PDA

View Full Version : [KP] Version 1 design, updates, and general shenanigans

Agnostic Bear
18-02-2008, 02:53 AM
So I've been ******* about here at home doing whatever, slowly coding KP whenever I feel like (just fixed the bbcode parsing error I found) and I thought as I've not said anything for ages I'd give you a preview of what it looks like, C&C is welcome, yes it's coded in tables (there's a v. v. basic template enginge thing in there, if you don't like it, make your own. so no more asking for templates, just upload, change preferences in mysql (skin changer) and away you go).

The profile system will be worked on in a bit, you'll be able to choose what fields you have (add-remove them etc etc, so no more ******** about LOL *** INCLUDE THIS FIELD (do it yourself)). You'll be able to choose fields and things, what types they are (input, option, textarea, checkbox and possibly image upload).

The navigation isn't anywhere near finished. There is a phrase thing in there so you can change what the panel says without messing with the insides and there are a ton of settings which you can change which should keep people from going inside the php unless they know what they're doing. Oh also there's a permission thing in there so you can control who can access what (The admin section of it, anyway).

So without further ado I present to you (for C&C) this:

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/792/lolcoptersscreenshotofsoe8.jpg

Image edited by Agesilaus (Forum Super Moderator): Swearing abbreviation removed from image as it is inappropriate to post swearing abbreviations on the forum.

VistaBoy
18-02-2008, 04:05 AM
I like the template its simple you can say and i like simple.

<?PHP>
18-02-2008, 06:55 AM
Like the template ;-)
And glad to see another KP comin out

Contendatation
18-02-2008, 07:00 AM
The design of the website is so profeshional and good, its too good. Maybe a bit plain?

RedCrisps
18-02-2008, 08:00 AM
bet the password can't be changed tho.

Agnostic Bear
18-02-2008, 10:15 AM
bet the password can't be changed tho.

Ohh I see so it is you who's causing all these arguments, just get the hell out. Seriously you're not funny and you're not clever. Oh and you will be able to.

Contendatation
18-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Ohh I see so it is you who's causing all these arguments, just get the hell out. Seriously you're not funny and you're not clever. Oh and you will be able to.
O-M-G He was giving feedback on you can't change your password, how the hell was that to start an arguement?!?!?

Agnostic Bear
18-02-2008, 10:21 AM
O-M-G He was giving feedback on you can't change your password, how the hell was that to start an arguement?!?!?

Well unless you have no concept of sarcasm I suggest looking again.

Contendatation
18-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Well unless you have no concept of sarcasm I suggest looking again.
im taking it you and him go back in posts?

Agnostic Bear
18-02-2008, 10:30 AM
im taking it you and him go back in posts?

No personally I have nothing against anybody on this forum, some competitors sure but nothing personal against them. It's just I didn't include a password changing feature in an older version of the panel ans he was sarcastic about it. And ontop of that I've been watching some recent arguments in the D&D (lol) section and noticed he's either been the cause or the fuelling factor in most of them.

Contendatation
18-02-2008, 10:40 AM
No personally I have nothing against anybody on this forum, some competitors sure but nothing personal against them. It's just I didn't include a password changing feature in an older version of the panel ans he was sarcastic about it. And ontop of that I've been watching some recent arguments in the D&D (lol) section and noticed he's either been the cause or the fuelling factor in most of them.
Welcome to the forum.

Agnostic Bear
18-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Shouldn't I be the one welcoming you?

Edit: lol 768mb post.

Invent
18-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Daniels, the template is simple and looks lightweight (no images) which is good and will work well with a templating system. Although, I don't see why it's in tables (and don't give me any of that divs don't work on tablet stuff).

Agnostic Bear
18-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Daniels, the template is simple and looks lightweight (no images) which is good and will work well with a templating system. Although, I don't see why it's in tables (and don't give me any of that divs don't work on tablet stuff).

Because I can lol, and to get other people to use the template engine.

RedCrisps
18-02-2008, 06:36 PM
i am just saying. because i do use KP and the only down side to it is that the password can't be changed.

Blob
18-02-2008, 07:07 PM
i am just saying. because i do use KP and the only down side to it is that the password can't be changed.

Use the encrypt function to echo out your new pass, go into your SQL and like edit it. Aint hard

VistaBoy
20-02-2008, 02:07 AM
What features will it have? or are they they the same as what your other version had?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!