PDA

View Full Version : helpppp plzzzz

Tom-
18-02-2008, 08:57 AM
:):):):)ok i got a site http://dizzie.hostsnake.com

and i got all the files but it dont send a activation email out whenu register i want to know how u do this

also can u tell me what is

.htpass nd .htaccess is i cant uplaod them onto my hosting site

Jin
18-02-2008, 09:53 AM
:):):):)ok i got a site http://dizzie.hostsnake.com

and i got all the files but it dont send a activation email out whenu register i want to know how u do this

also can u tell me what is

.htpass nd .htaccess is i cant uplaod them onto my hosting site

If its not sending out emails then this can be down to several issues,

It could be as simple as a coding error to something like, the php configuration on the server requires the -F parameter to be run with PHP sendmail or they have disabled sendmail.

You can find out the configuration of PHP by creating this file,

<?php
phpinfo();
?>Save it and upload it on your server then point to it with your browser.

As for .htpasswd and .htaccess

.htpasswd is a simple database to store usernames and passwords for basic authetication for directories.

.htaccess is an apache independent configuration file for each directory, for instance, by default apache makes the index file on directories "index.[html],[php]" but lets say you had a folder called "login" and in that file there was a PHP file called "login.php".

When you navigate to www.mysite.com/login/ you would get an index of the files listed in the directory as the default index file (index.php / index.html) is not there.

However if you edited the .htaccess file in the login/ directory to say

DirectoryIndex login.phpThen when you navigate the directory it will automatically display login.php as it acknowledges it as the default index file for that particular folder.

.htaccess can do a lot more than this include IP blocking, its worth a google search.

Tom-
18-02-2008, 10:03 AM
i need somone to help me do it

also why couldnt i uplaod the .htaccess and .htpass onto my hosting?

Agnostic Bear
18-02-2008, 10:20 AM
i need somone to help me do it

also why couldnt i uplaod the .htaccess and .htpass onto my hosting?

From what I can see they're already there and working. Also try doing things yourself and stop relying on other people. It gets easier as time goes on.

Tom-
18-02-2008, 10:57 AM
this forum is here to help

im having a problem i got an acconut on there and it wont log me on

and still its not sending out emails

Agnostic Bear
18-02-2008, 11:00 AM
this forum is here to help

im having a problem i got an acconut on there and it wont log me on

and still its not sending out emails

As Jin said make a new PHP file and put inside it this:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

It sounds to me like sendmail has been disabled or your spam filter is catching it, if it has been disabled then you wont be able to send mail through php.

And this forum isn't here to come and get people to do everything for you, it's a forum to help you out with things and give advice, not to work for you. And you've obviously forgotten your details so reset your password or something.

Tom-
18-02-2008, 11:16 AM
i anit forgot the pass i put right one in there and it comes up invalid username and password combination

Jibbish
18-02-2008, 11:30 AM
http://biorust.com/tutorials/detail/117/us/
Is this usersystem your using?

Agnostic Bear
18-02-2008, 11:52 AM
i anit forgot the pass i put right one in there and it comes up invalid username and password combination

Well obviously something is wrong with the combination else it wouldn't be doing that would it?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!