PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Why you shouldn't give away your msn.

iJava
18-02-2008, 03:58 PM
This may seem obvious to a lot of you but some people might not know.
Even if you are friends with someone on habbo it's best to keep your friendship inside habbo and not give your msn to them. Some people makes plans to gain a habbos trust, add them to msn then send them a virus such as a keylogger (something that logs every key you press so whoever sent it you knows your passwords)
A lot of the time they will tell you it's a picture or a scripting program for habbo. They do this to find out your habbo password or passwords to other things, they can gain access to your habbo account and steal your furni and credits.

Be careful :angel1:

benjamin
18-02-2008, 04:01 PM
the title should be changed to 'Why you shouldn't be stupid', in my honest opinion.

Hazza
18-02-2008, 04:01 PM
People have been doing this for ages - Main tip - Don't accept any files from Habbo Users. Simple.

jesus
18-02-2008, 04:17 PM
This is quite obvious really. I never add anyone from the internet anyway, I like to keep things like that seperate from my personal life.

Ardemax
18-02-2008, 07:21 PM
It's not MSN anymore it's Windows Live.
And YES they are two seperate things.
Firstly, it's un-safer. But it still won't let anything bad be downloaded onto your comp.
However whose to say people can't put something onto it? Nobody.

iJava
18-02-2008, 07:22 PM
But you can send things over msn..

kardiogram
18-02-2008, 07:24 PM
the title should be changed to 'Why you shouldn't be stupid', in my honest opinion.

what he said tbh.

surley it's common sense really.

jackass
18-02-2008, 07:38 PM
What if you want to give it out? And so what, no ones that stupid anyway.

Some guy: hi
Some girl: hi
-Some guy sends file named 'picture.exe'-
Some girl: Yeah, because .exe files are pictures!

And even if that wasn't the case, people shouldn't fall for it because its so obvious. And you can easily download it, scan it, then remove it if it is a virus.

jesus
18-02-2008, 08:11 PM

And even if that wasn't the case, people shouldn't fall for it because its so obvious. And you can easily download it, scan it, then remove it if it is a virus.The thing is though, a lot of Habbo users are young and probably wouldn't know about .exe or any kind of filetypes for that matter. Younger people also use Habbo to meke new friends etc.

@xP
18-02-2008, 08:29 PM
People have been doing this for ages - Main tip - Don't accept any files from Habbo Users. Simple.

Agreed.

I never do. ;)

John!
18-02-2008, 09:02 PM

And even if that wasn't the case, people shouldn't fall for it because its so obvious. And you can easily download it, scan it, then remove it if it is a virus.

They send them in zip files, which can contain pictures.

jackass
18-02-2008, 09:19 PM
They send them in zip files, which can contain pictures.

Yeah... the pictures INSIDE the zip/rar file.

Xeck
19-02-2008, 12:32 AM
It's a shame to know people still fall for stuff like this. ;l

Immenseman
19-02-2008, 02:15 PM
I give it out to people i've spoke to for a while. Actually, I give it out to anyone who asks, haha. It's common sense really what not to accept from people online. I can see why people would fall for this but it's only their own fault. I suppose if you want to be really safe then don't add anyone online but providing you're safe and have common sense it shouldn't really matter.

PaulMacC
19-02-2008, 05:56 PM
I only add people that I've known for quite a while and I love :P

MissAlice
19-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Even if you are friends with someone on habbo it's best to keep your friendship inside habbo and not give your msn to them. Some people makes plans to gain a habbos trust, add them to msn then send them a virus such as a keylogger (something that logs every key you press so whoever sent it you knows your passwords)
A lot of the time they will tell you it's a picture or a scripting program for habbo. They do this to find out your habbo password or passwords to other things, they can gain access to your habbo account and steal your furni and credits.

There is absolutely no harm in reminding everyone, good advice :)

The thing is though, a lot of Habbo users are young and probably wouldn't know about .exe or any kind of filetypes for that matter. Younger people also use Habbo to meke new friends etc.

Spot on REDNECK, we all have to learn at some point, some learn when it's too late, so it's good to be reminded that not everyone asks for your messenger for the right reasons ;)

Ardemax
20-02-2008, 08:55 PM
I had a thread about this how keyloggers and other stuff are coming up as 'pictures of holiday.zip' and well, they're hidden.
Not many people will know...
It's not as if there's:
"HEY IM A KEYLOGGER DON'T DOWNLOAD ME" written all over the file :rolleyes:

Glen Coco
01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
hmm ive only got a few people off habbo on my msn. i only add people that i trust and ireally dont think they'd hack me.
i dont accept any files anyway

wummer
01-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Habbos are stupid, new comers there like in welcome lounge WHO WANTS MA MSN they just dont learn

Ardemax
01-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Habbos are stupid, new comers there like in welcome lounge WHO WANTS MA MSN they just dont learn

Neither do you unless you read previous posts.

shizzle
05-03-2008, 04:28 PM
A friend you knew and always speak to on habbo who then just keylogs you is plain stupid! Just saying because you said a "friend" from habbo.

Hushie
11-03-2008, 11:12 PM
I think thats the least thing you have to worry about, what about the fact that they may be sick twisted pedophiles?

I think I speak for everyone when I say I'd rather lose some furni then get raped.

:O

GhostFace-
11-03-2008, 11:14 PM
mines in me motto incase gals wonna K@M

Slowpoke
11-03-2008, 11:14 PM

we've sent each other loads of things but yes, you should be cautious.

shizzle
12-03-2008, 04:10 PM
mines in me motto incase gals wonna K@M
Then you find out its a man rapist.

Ardemax
12-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Then you find out its a man rapist.

...would he care?

shizzle
12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
...would he care?
Obviously he would, he is "K@M'ING" with a rapist.

Orangeesh
12-03-2008, 07:30 PM
This is one of the old skool rules, dont give out any personal information including e-mail address n msn etc

pacific
12-03-2008, 07:32 PM

Most people don't know what files are saved under. Say I joined Habbo when I was like 10, I didn't even know about screenies and what to save what as. It's a key that young users do some research to get not get hacked ;)

e5
12-03-2008, 08:26 PM
It's pretty blatant to most, and all keyloggers are in a zipped folder so you shouldn't be accepting zipped files anyway, cheers for the heads up though ;).

TopManTim
12-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I give my msn to good friends on habbo but not to any randomer that asks.

I only accept things from 2 of them and that's because a) I trust them and b) They've both left so would have no want to hack me.

Janet Snakehole
12-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I think this is rather obvious, right?

Neversoft
12-03-2008, 10:13 PM

Alas, that happened to me about 3 or 4 years ago.

Slowpoke
12-03-2008, 10:16 PM
The thing is though, a lot of Habbo users are young and probably wouldn't know about .exe or any kind of filetypes for that matter. Younger people also use Habbo to meke new friends etc.

Exactly. these days parents are getting more over-protective so the kids find other methods of socializing (online games/chatrooms).

drama
12-03-2008, 10:29 PM
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Congratulations on stating the bloody obvious! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Edited by Antony (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Neversoft
13-03-2008, 01:08 PM
It may be obvious to you now but if you just joined Habbo it won't. :S

GommeInc
13-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Surely you should know when someone is sending you a file that isn't an image, document or music/video file? But to someone who is new to Habbo, I can see that happening.

Ugawa
13-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Hopefully everyone knows that anyway :D

XX

e5
13-03-2008, 07:58 PM
It may be obvious to you now but if you just joined Habbo it won't. :S
Newbies barely catch word of forums :P

shizzle
15-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Exactly. these days parents are getting more over-protective so the kids find other methods of socializing (online games/chatrooms).
Yeah, they are. My friend's dad is so protective that he can't come on msn anymore.

bizzle
23-03-2008, 11:35 PM
good find.

Edited by Antony (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Neversoft
23-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Newbies barely catch word of forums :P

I don't really understand what you just posted but we were all newbies on habbo and here at one time.

shizzle
24-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't really understand what you just posted but we were all newbies on habbo and here at one time.
Not all of us are newbies. Unless they are really new to it then yeah.

MissAlice
24-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Some people think they know it all, they NEVER learn ;)

Neversoft
24-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Not all of us are newbies. Unless they are really new to it then yeah.

I newbie is someone new to something. We were all new to habbo and habbox at one point. =/

shizzle
28-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Yes obviously we was.

Kallot
30-03-2008, 02:12 AM
Or you could do what i do and have a restricted account so people can't send viruses, its simpler.

I also have an admin account for downloads only.

c[__]
30-03-2008, 03:40 AM
Yes obviously we was.
With that grammar you clearly you havn't moved on from being a "newbie".

Cisse9
30-03-2008, 05:05 PM
This is quite obvious really. I never add anyone from the internet anyway, I like to keep things like that seperate from my personal life.

What you said really.

Fehm
15-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Ive found, that working on alot of fansites bring's alot of friends :) And now i have alot of good habbo friends :)
So.. .If you know them VERY well. then i wudnt say NO to it. but .. yes :) lol
Confused :D BUT OH WELL! TOO MANY :)

Verrou
16-04-2008, 07:08 AM
It's called common sense. This thread is a waste of forum space.

Xeros
16-04-2008, 07:51 PM
It's called common sense. This thread is a waste of forum space.
Not really it warns you of giving details out

Zak
16-04-2008, 08:37 PM
well that was kind of obvious..

anyway i've given mine away many times and they'll only hack you if their sad..

I heard you can bind keyloggers to picture files such as .JPEG, although i might be wrong because I don't mess around with hacking rubbish

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!