PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback]v-Habbo Layout

Moh
19-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Well I am in needed of some feedback, and some ideas on how to improve this layout.
This is what I have so far (Not all pages will look like this, but simular)

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2177/vhabbolq0.gif

theJOSH
19-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Basically a copy of habbo

Moh
19-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes, because that helps me on how to improve it.

theJOSH
19-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Yes, because that helps me on how to improve it.

Very well:

I would advise, to modify, the nav, & header idea, possibly a banner in that general area? Maybe recolour the blue (on the nav) to, a lighter shade of red.

Try and have a unique style, with the boxes, instead of using ideas, which are used, over & over again? Maybe connected together, or, maybe, a hover over to see the boxes, or a "on-click" arrow, to which will pop out when they are clicked.

Is this helpful enough?

Moh
19-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Very well:

I would advise, to modify, the nav, & header idea, possibly a banner in that general area? Maybe recolour the blue (on the nav) to, a lighter shade of red.

Try and have a unique style, with the boxes, instead of using ideas, which are used, over & over again? Maybe connected together, or, maybe, a hover over to see the boxes, or a "on-click" arrow, to which will pop out when they are clicked.

Is this helpful enough?
Well the layout is done with css, so I will be adding a theme changer.. but I need to find out how to do the theme by sessions so that the css will be the same on each page.

I have different colour boxs, and an alt style, so they arn't exactly repeated. The only time I would use a expanding boxs is when the page is filled with content, and alows the user to close them so its easier to read.

lolwut
19-02-2008, 06:51 PM
One thing:
Be more original?
It looks too much like you just ripped off the actual Habbo layout.
Start again from scratch.

Meti
19-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I like it.. But it looks almost exactly like the habbo website

QuickScriptz
19-02-2008, 08:11 PM

One thing:
Be more original?

Now this might sound kind of mean but I honestly think you need to just make your own layout. The one you posted above is just you re-doing the Habbo layout (refer to the three quotes above). Sure it's fine for 'learning purposes' to just try and recreate someones work but if you ever actually plan on using the layout you can't [ethically] do what you just did...

My suggestion - Make your own layout.

If that's not enough for you you might consider actually reading the copyright text at the bottom of the Habbo websites sometime. And try the terms of service too, maybe under the 'You can't use or steal or modify or distribute our website' part?

Moh
19-02-2008, 08:34 PM
God, do non of you read?
I clearly put

This is what I have so far meaning it isn't finished.
I only found out that I had got the domain today, so i'm not going to add banners & other images to do with the domain name until I am 100% sure that the domain is mine.
If your just going to post "Start again", "It looks like Habbo", then don't just use this thread to get your post counts up, be useful and actually post things what to change, and how to make it less Habbos.

tbh, I don't know why I post on this forum, 60% of the users are ********s.

Hitman
19-02-2008, 08:36 PM
As somebody else said, it looks just like Habbo... background, nav and the boxes. I suggest a banner, a different nav (maybe the colour) and possibly change the background... boxes look alright.

GhostFace-
it needs a nice banner.

php.net
You cannot say that layout isn't a copy and paste job without looking like a complete idiot.

Unpredictible.1
19-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I like it
but make your own version not just a copy of habbo

Moh
19-02-2008, 08:38 PM
You cannot say that layout isn't a copy and paste job without looking like a complete idiot.
Proof it ;)

Bojangles
19-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Nice. Only thing I would say is it reminds me too much of Habbo. Change the banner and the nav and it will look decent :)

php.net
19-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Proof it ;)

It's 'prove'. *Text Removed*

Edited by H0BJ0B (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the Habbox Forum filter or be rude to other forum members.

Moh
19-02-2008, 08:55 PM
It's 'prove'. *Text Removed*
Don't try and act smart, fine then prove it ;)
Im pritty sure you cant.

Also, remind me, Green is Eww.
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8264/greenvhabboqr8.gif

theJOSH
19-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Don't try and act smart, fine then prove it ;)
Im pritty sure you cant.

Also, remind me, Green is Eww.
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8264/greenvhabboqr8.gif

Just a recolour tbh.

Moh
19-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Just a recolour tbh.
Yes.. like people said.

theJOSH
19-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Very well:

Is this helpful enough?

One thing:
Be more original?

Now this might sound kind of mean but I honestly think you need to just make your own layout. The one you posted above is just you re-doing the Habbo layout (refer to the three quotes above). Sure it's fine for 'learning purposes' to just try and recreate someones work but if you ever actually plan on using the layout you can't [ethically] do what you just did...

My suggestion - Make your own layout.

If that's not enough for you you might consider actually reading the copyright text at the bottom of the Habbo websites sometime. And try the terms of service too, maybe under the 'You can't use or steal or modify or distribute our website' part?

As somebody else said, it looks just like Habbo... background, nav and the boxes. I suggest a banner, a different nav (maybe the colour) and possibly change the background... boxes look alright.

it needs a nice banner.

I like it
but make your own version not just a copy of habbo

Nice. Only thing I would say is it reminds me too much of Habbo. Change the banner and the nav and it will look decent :)

None of these people have stated to recolour the whole layout,

They have actually said, to redo it.
Learn to read pls.

Moh
19-02-2008, 09:32 PM
None of these people have stated to recolour the whole layout,

They have actually said, to redo it.
Learn to read pls.
I changed the banner, the nav and the background ;)

php.net
19-02-2008, 09:39 PM
*Text Removed*

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Administrator): Please do not be rude.

Moh
19-02-2008, 09:51 PM
*Text Removed*

I have written in the quote :p

Nation
19-02-2008, 09:51 PM
the border in the banner is too much and the blue banner thing make like an actual banner for it!

Moh
19-02-2008, 09:54 PM
the border in the banner is too much and the blue banner thing make like an actual banner for it!
The border is suppose to be like that so it doesn't deform the navigation.
If my Photoshop didn't break, then I would make a banner.

php.net
19-02-2008, 10:02 PM
*Text Removed*

chrisgocrazyH
20-02-2008, 05:55 AM
looks like my sites (maybe layout)

http://simplyhabbo.com/preview/

Moh
20-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Look different to me.

Chippiewill
20-02-2008, 05:00 PM

That's because your site also looks like the habbo site :rolleyes:

php.net
20-02-2008, 05:10 PM
That's because your site also looks like the habbo site :rolleyes:

Touché.

partie2
20-02-2008, 05:10 PM
looks similar to other sites ive seen before try coming up with some fresh and new.

Moh
20-02-2008, 05:12 PM
looks similar to other sites ive seen before try coming up with some fresh and new.

If it wasn't for this new design of Habbo, it would be much easier.

php.net
20-02-2008, 05:23 PM
If it wasn't for this new design of Habbo, it would be much easier.

The new Habbo design is rubbish anyway.

It's lots it's 'community' feeling to it, and it's web 2.fail.

Moh
20-02-2008, 05:30 PM
The new Habbo design is rubbish anyway.

It's lots it's 'community' feeling to it, and it's web 2.fail.
But a Habbo Fansite has to be up to date with the style :(

php.net
20-02-2008, 06:13 PM
But a Habbo Fansite has to be up to date with the style :(

Not particularly. HabboRemix has a neat design, not similar to Habbo's at all yet is successful.

Moh
20-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Not particularly. HabboRemix has a neat design, not similar to Habbo's at all yet is successful.
Thats styles to do with the old Habbo Style.

php.net
20-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Which was better.

HabboRemix's style is one of the best... shame that they don't support Firefox!

Independent
21-02-2008, 06:45 AM
I don't like HabboRemix's layout at all...

My favorite Habbo Fansite layout is probabaly HabbCrazy or HabboLake, cause it sort of binds with the new style, and looks great.

Why don't you make it a little like HabbCrazy, since you have the copyright etc, etc. (Not that much though)

Moh
21-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Which was better.

HabboRemix's style is one of the best... shame that they don't support Firefox!
I personaly don't like it, mainly because it dosn't support firefox.. which alot of people use now.

Invent
21-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Sorry, but it's just Habbo's layout..

Moh
21-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Sorry, but it's just Habbo's layout..
I know that, I just want people to put what to edit/add/remove to make it less Habbo.

Invent
21-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Everything...?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!