PDA

View Full Version : Movie to game!

Fart
19-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Well what movie would you love to make a game into?

I BADLY I want scarface on xbox360 :'(!!!!!!
And friday the 13th would be awesome!

Also please say if this thread is a bad idea :P

Spectate
19-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Sweeney Todd. :D

In all seriousness, I'm not too fond of movie games. The last ones I bought were the Lord of the Rings ones and Enter The Matrix. They were great but there haven't been many other appealing ones.

Neil
19-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I'd love to see an Independance Day game xD

Some movie games are alright but then you get the rubbish ones made half-assed made with terrible engines and nothing really appealing about them xD

I like the Matrix games and I quite like the Dukes of Hazard games aswell

Stitch
19-02-2008, 10:48 PM
It's not a movie but I would like a Doctor Who game but only if it isn't one of them kiddy games like harry potter :P

Favourtism
19-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Borat or Die Hard 4.0 would make good/interesting video games haha.

Moh
19-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Saw or Scream or chucky xD

mat64
19-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Borat or Die Hard 4.0 would make good/interesting video games haha.Interesting maybe, good maybe not. There's never been many/any good movie games.

Favourtism
19-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Interesting maybe, good maybe not. There's never been many/any good movie games.
It's because they don't have to be.

Daddy doesn't care whether Cars is great or not, his kid liked the film so he is getting the game for his birthday.

They know that so they spend as little money as possible hiring rubbish people to make a rubbish game.

Games that aren't of a movie know they have to be good or they won't sell, so they are :)

I think the only decent movie game was Goldeneye on the N64.

GhostFace-
19-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Saw or Scream or chucky xD

saw is coming out in 2010

lol i read it sumwere

wota sick game thats gonna be

i wonna see Borat 8)

or 300

GommeInc
20-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Keeping Mum the console game :D Has a certain ring to it :D

Neil
20-02-2008, 07:48 AM
saw is coming out in 2010

lol i read it sumwere

wota sick game thats gonna be

i wonna see Borat 8)

or 300

300 is a game xD

I think it's only for PSP though

Andeeh
20-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Erm Friday 13th is a game

its on some really old console tho

i wouldnt mind aving super size me game :)

Ashley 12344
20-02-2008, 02:03 PM
How can you say theres no good Movie based games? The LOTR Battle for Middle Earth is definitly a good game for starters.

Fart
20-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Erm Friday 13th is a game

its on some really old console tho

i wouldnt mind aving super size me game :)

Yh its on sega xD I had it before lols!
War of the worlds would be a good game too xD

mangle
20-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Irobot would be pretty rad.

Southe,
20-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Night of the living dead.

I wanted an idea like resident evil outbrek before that came out. Place in areas and you have to make it out or to the safe place alive. liek one of the levels could of been..

While online 4 players are in the house. You have to defend it. so that means barricading doors and windows. which you could do using wood or take of doors within the house. each bit would have a life bar so if zombies started attacking that window its health would decrease. limited weps so mayb a shotgun and a hand gun with limited rounds and rest would be planks and objects. to protect the house you would have to open the door and fight them off. buring something infront of the house to protect that side for a short period. cos of the capabilitys of the next gen consoles. could have likea field and you can see the zombies gradually getting closer. and well same could be done for dawn of the dead and day of the dead. part from dead rising is sorta in a mall and stuff lol. but mayb the game could be set between the 3 movies. online play like outbreak were you have to reach a place or survive. i just like the idea of being in ahouse protecting it then the door bursts open and you fight them off while ppl run and hide in the loft xD

anyway just what i would like ^_^

Everlong
20-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Dumb and dumber the game :D

GommeInc
20-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Irobot would be pretty rad.
That would be cool, and they could focus alot of attention on how the robots get smashed. Like have a few hundred ways of smashing them. It would be quite a fun distructive game :D

War of the World's would be cool, but not alot happens in it really... Unless you have it like an adventure/puzzle game.

---MAD---
20-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Sweeney Todd. :D

In all seriousness, I'm not too fond of movie games. The last ones I bought were the Lord of the Rings ones and Enter The Matrix. They were great but there haven't been many other appealing ones.
Enter the matrix game on PS2 was good IMO. Spiderman can be a very good game too if it was done by the right people IMO. The idea of swinging from building to building is a fun factor itself but the story lines of the games where all rubbish and too short.

Fez
20-02-2008, 06:08 PM
King Kong wasn't half-bad, neither was Spiderman 2.

Meet The Spartans and Cloverfield would be interesting

Azul
20-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Meet The Spartans, joke right? That film is god awful.

Not many films make great games, I can only think of Riddick, on the Xbox which is outstanding.

Jord
21-02-2008, 12:10 AM
I would like to play the kingdom its about a killer who isnt scared to die :o

Shoovers
21-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Night at the museum maybe lol

g
21-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Transporter/transporter 2 there good films would be good and final destination 1/2/3 and 300

Roboevil
22-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Deep Throat.

Crazy Bartender
22-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Shameless.

Obviously you could play as any character.

For the magwiers(sp) you obviously done drug deals for money
In the house hold you can use like Debbie to clean the house, Frank to make it a mess and like cut the sofa with knifes and the tables. And if you made say Paddy go out and stab Carl in order to get Carl back you need to restard to last save or start the game again.

I reckon it would be fun. It could make a big free roamer where you could do ANYTHING. Of course this wouldn't happen :(

Fart
24-02-2008, 02:15 AM
Shameless.

Obviously you could play as any character.

For the magwiers(sp) you obviously done drug deals for money
In the house hold you can use like Debbie to clean the house, Frank to make it a mess and like cut the sofa with knifes and the tables. And if you made say Paddy go out and stab Carl in order to get Carl back you need to restard to last save or start the game again.

I reckon it would be fun. It could make a big free roamer where you could do ANYTHING. Of course this wouldn't happen :(

Everything is possible :P

Jordy
24-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Borat would make an awful game, first of all, what would you do other than childish and stupid activities? It's a good funny movie don't get me wrong, but Comedy Movies never work. Just look at how Little Britain the console game turned out, absolutely crap.

mangle
24-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Borat would make an awful game, first of all, what would you do other than childish and stupid activities? It's a good funny movie don't get me wrong, but Comedy Movies never work. Just look at how Little Britain the console game turned out, absolutely crap.

Exactly. The best games are ALWAYS action movies if they're pulled over. The bourne identity is shaping up to look amazing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!