PDA

View Full Version : Ever wanted to own your own fansite?

Florx
20-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Hey there,

For some strange reason I bought the domains HabboPaper.com and HabboPaper.net.

I have no use for them so I will let a user of this forum use them to create a fansite. It comes with hosting - from my server and the hosting will last as long as the domain does (1 year). You will not have access to the DNS setting on the domain but the domain will stay pointed at my server and im not about to 'hijack' it because i'm building my own fansite at the momeny.

So below give me a good reason to let you use it and then I will decide on the winner :p

Thanks,
Jake Hall.

Pazza
20-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Oooh, me likey.

I have lots of experience , mainly in management not ownership. Although, I did own my own site a while back (www.habsfm.co.uk (http://www.habsfm.co.uk)). I am commited, and have lot's, well too much time on my hands so I could update and improve it frequently.

I would say my grammar is above average, sorry for the turnip - headedness but you know :P That's it really, I also have advanced knowledge in html, and I am starting to do graphic design.

Thanks for reading =)

GhostFace-
20-02-2008, 12:31 AM
so your giving away websites, can i get one ?

Gangster
20-02-2008, 12:33 AM
so your giving away websites, can i get one ?
As alot of people would want them for free, i think he wants you to post reasons why you should have them :)

I think i should have 1 because i'm currently making a habbo fansite and im putting alot of effort into it. I'm making a layout as we speak. And i think that this fansite will be succesful, and i think a good habbo fansite should have a good domain

Florx
20-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes please post your reasons. I will decide in a few days the winner :p

Farm
20-02-2008, 03:27 PM
I would like to own one of the fansites, due to I owned a fansite for 6 months which was a good success, but closed. Now re-opening without me as owner, I'd love to bring another one up. I'm online a lot during weekdays and weekends (after 4 on weekends). Got loads of experience in managing departments and just owning a fansite. I'm trustworthy and can give the best possible dedication towards the site.

Btw nice domains.

:)

Pawf
20-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Oooh, me likey.

I have lots of experience , mainly in management not ownership. Although, I did own my own site a while back (www.habsfm.co.uk (http://www.habsfm.co.uk)). I am commited, and have lot's, well too much time on my hands so I could update and improve it frequently.

I would say my grammar is above average, sorry for the turnip - headedness but you know :P That's it really, I also have advanced knowledge in html, and I am starting to do graphic design.

Thanks for reading =)

Your grammar is above average?

warezkid3
20-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Your grammar is above average?

I lol'd hard.

here my reason:

I think i can make that domian popular (:

Florx
20-02-2008, 05:01 PM
@warezkid3 - I know I can make the domain popular myself but I have another project.

@Smiffla - Do not turn this thread into an argument

Pawf
20-02-2008, 05:13 PM
@warezkid3 - I know I can make the domain popular myself but I have another project.

@Smiffla - Do not turn this thread into an argument

I'm not turning it into an argument, I'm aiding your judgement and that of everyone else

php.net
20-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm not turning it into an argument, I'm aiding your judgement and that of everyone else

Jake is perfectly capable to make a judgement himself without your petty remarks which are there for no reason other than starting an argument.

Don't try to act smart.

Pawf
20-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Jake is perfectly capable to make a judgement himself without your petty remarks which are there for no reason other than starting an argument.

Don't try to act smart.

Being the "instigator" of this "argument" I believe I know better than anyone whether I was trying to start an argument or not. I wasn't trying to start an argument and you getting involved makes anything you say about not starting arguments hypocritical anyway. So let's leave it shall we?

php.net
20-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Being the "instigator" of this "argument" I believe I know better than anyone whether I was trying to start an argument or not. I wasn't trying to start an argument and you getting involved makes anything you say about not starting arguments hypocritical anyway. So let's leave it shall we?

How about you start by not acting like such a smart idiot? Go away.

Edited by Favourtism (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Pawf
20-02-2008, 05:32 PM
How about you start by not acting like such a smart idiot? Go away.

Very mature response. I see you are one of those people who has to have the last word. Alright, I'll stop posting on this thread, but I'll wait around to see your reply. Go on, you can't possibly let me get the last word, can you? :)

freeza
20-02-2008, 05:39 PM
i think that i should get it because me and my mate wanted to buy a domain aswell and hosting for our site but then once i saw this post i thought why not give it a go since we are currently looking for domains and hosting , Me and my mate are both experienced at managing and he is also experienced at co owning a fansite called habbofury.com and do bring loads of quality work.The Website would be updated straight away with a banner and loads more since we also have designers and coders and also djs to do a great djing job, this reason makes us stand out because we are dedicated members and we want to make our own habbo fansite to make it another great website e.g hffm.co.uk , cluhabbo.net, habboxlive.com , we both work really hard and we are on most of the day aswell which would give us more chance to work on the website and make it stand out to others

Bojangles
20-02-2008, 05:59 PM
This is a kind idea your doing here, FlorX.

php.net
20-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Very mature response. I see you are one of those people who has to have the last word. Alright, I'll stop posting on this thread, but I'll wait around to see your reply. Go on, you can't possibly let me get the last word, can you? :)

Your response was very mature. Kudos for the brilliant act you're attempting to display, and the pathetic, low-life you lead.

Florx
20-02-2008, 06:21 PM
php.net and Smiffla - I would apprechiate it if you moved your argument to PM.

Does anybody else wish to take up this offer?

Meti
20-02-2008, 06:32 PM
I really like this thread. You're so nice to people..
I would like to have this domain, because i've done my fansite, and i've never had a real domain, like www.example.co.uk etc.. So, my fansites don't get so famous, but if i have a real domain, it would get famous.. I also want this domain because i live in Sweden, and i can't buy anything, because i don't have a credit card. My fansite that i'm working on now, was suppoasted to be named www.YouHab.co.uk, but i can't buy the domain because i don't have anything to buy it with. I don't know what more to say, but i hope you understand that i really need this.

Best regards,
the excited BigMuscle :D

Bojangles
20-02-2008, 06:38 PM
I really like this thread. You're so nice to people..
I would like to have this domain, because i've done my fansite, and i've never had a real domain, like www.example.co.uk (http://www.example.co.uk) etc.. So, my fansites don't get so famous, but if i have a real domain, it would get famous.. I also want this domain because i live in Sweden, and i can't buy anything, because i don't have a credit card. My fansite that i'm working on now, was suppoasted to be named www.YouHab.co.uk (http://www.YouHab.co.uk), but i can't buy the domain because i don't have anything to buy it with. I don't know what more to say, but i hope you understand that i really need this.

Best regards,
the excited BigMuscle :D
No offence or not to start an arguement but he'd probably get a DMCA filed against him for copyright infringment :P

php.net
20-02-2008, 06:41 PM
No offence or not to start an arguement but he'd probably get a DMCA filed against him for copyright infringment :P

What I was thinking.

Florx
22-02-2008, 12:44 AM
The closing date for applications is 25th February 2021.

Only joking its 25th February 2008.

Independent
22-02-2008, 09:04 PM
The closing date for applications is 25th February 2021.

Only joking its 25th February 2008.

By the look of how many applications, it looks like you'll be processing them until 2021

(Sarcasm lol)

Invent
22-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Aha, my old fansite ^_^

Florx
22-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh yeah. Lol it must have expired and I snapped it up :p.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!