PDA

View Full Version : [Luke's Labs] Abit of a pickle...

Forge
21-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Well im currently in the process of designing a concept design for LL.
I've taken the base design from Flickr.
The only thing is. I've made some buttons to go onto the right of the page, and i dont really think that they "fit in" to the design.

Any ideas of how i could tweak the buttons so that they look better?

Current header
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6687/0001hs2.png

Thanks
- Luke

theJOSH
21-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Is it bevelled & embossed?

If so, lower the opacity

php.net
21-02-2008, 07:27 PM
OH MY GOD THAT IS TERRIBLE.

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude ;).

Forge
21-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks Josh. I'll give that a shot ;)

NURAVE
21-02-2008, 07:39 PM

loooooooool

Edited by H0BJ0B (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly ;).

MrPinkPanther
21-02-2008, 07:48 PM

I personally agree, no offence but with those sorts of buttons you shouldnt be making a webdesign site.

Forge
21-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I personally agree, no offence but with those sorts of buttons you shouldnt be making a webdesign site.

It's a concept design. I knew the buttons were crap but i had a mind blank when it came to deciding how to change them.
I posted it here for constructive critisism (thanks josh) not for childish comments from people who are wannabe php wizzes.

Bojangles
21-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Maybe add some glow to the buttons? :)

php.net
21-02-2008, 08:43 PM
*Text Removed*

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Administrator): Please do not be rude.

MrCraig
21-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Um maybe use some sort of textured graphic for the background of the buttons..

Dont really know why u have a random picture of a bee tbh. is it like some photography thing?

Forge
21-02-2008, 08:49 PM
You're a wannabe web designer. You're a fail. Go away with a design like that. Nothing can be added to it, and if that's a first you make, you'll probably continue that path.

I fail? haha dont be stupid.

Your the one who fails mate. You name yourself after a website that isnt owned by you. How sad.

php.net
21-02-2008, 08:55 PM
I fail? haha dont be stupid.

Your the one who fails mate. You name yourself after a website that isnt owned by you. How sad.

Look at what you just produced. Complete junk.

I don't 'fail'. I have php.net in my name as many problems people post can be found on php.net and it gets annoying.

Decode
21-02-2008, 09:10 PM

OH MY GOD, YOUR RIGHT.

QuickScriptz
21-02-2008, 09:19 PM
It is a good thing that when I look at it I immediately think of Flickr? Take a look at the placement of the "LL" overlayed on the image and how the buttons are placed on the left hand side... it is fine to base a layout off of something but when I look at it I just kind of glossed over immediately because it was just SOOO similar.

Also, I agree that it doesn't really scream 'web design' - might want to think about that.

sgraham
21-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Good try, avoid using buttons since in most cases they're not necessarily nor compliment the rest of the design.

Try checking out websites such as CSS Lovers (click, here (http://www.csslovers.com/)) for inspiration, although do try to experiment with new concepts, but remember to stick to your design instincts since some things just aren't meant to be.

Good luck.

Forge
21-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks scriptz and scott. I've changed the design as i agree with scriptz, it looked too much like FlickR.
Thanks to those who had something constructive to say ;)

php.net
21-02-2008, 09:43 PM
You're welcome.

DarrenToogood
21-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Left hand side is good, right hand side is terrible.

As a photographer I will also comment on the image. The bee is out of focus, and what you have tried to do (if you took the photo) is focus on the flower, which is a non-moving object, then had a fast moving object coming from the right, therefore a mix of focus and you can't follow the bee in.

I have a plant photos up for sale if interested...

MrPinkPanther
21-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I have a plant photos up for sale if interested...
Which aren't as good as that one.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!