PDA

View Full Version : Online: Halo 3 vs. Call of Duty 4 - or something else?

Spectate
22-02-2008, 11:42 AM
I was wondering which game people think has the better online play. I read that CoD4 recently took 1st place on the list of most played online 360 games.

I don't have CoD4 but it strikes me as more of a team orientated, tactical online experience, whereas Halo seems to have its advantages in its vehicular aspects and online co-op.

Is there a game that you think beats these two for online play?

Neil
22-02-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't think anything beats CoD4 in multiplayer

It's fun, you get into games fast, you don't get bored as fast because anyone could be better or worse at the game at you, ranking up makes it more enjoyable, ranking up also gives you things to aim for e.g. golden desert eagle
You get challenges aswell, whereas halo 3 is just halo 2 with nice graphics and new guns, vehicles and maps, nothing has really changed

Nothing really beats either of these games but I'd say CoD is better of the two

United.Road
22-02-2008, 12:01 PM
only problem with cod4 is that every other game it says "host ended game" which is very annoying

Greco!!
22-02-2008, 12:03 PM
For me it goes COD4 -> Gears Of War -> Halo 3

Ye when it says host has ended game its annoying but i heard they are fixing it in an update soon

Viruz
22-02-2008, 01:42 PM
hmmm COD atm but it is quite the same and then you get the americans trying to tell the world they have the best army and all this but part from its good.

Vegas 2 will be the best game on live i think when it comes out.

Favourtism
22-02-2008, 02:20 PM
I was loving Halo3 until I bought COD4. It really is amazing.

The only downpoints is occasionally you come up against someone from another country who trys to insult you. The best way to make them be quiet is to beat them in a game which results in them saying your a hacker before leaving. It gets quite funny after a while though. I just turn voice chat off unless I am playing something like Sabotage or Search and Destroy.

It really is a fantastic game, online and offline.

Azul
22-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Call of Duty is the best multplayer game around at the moment no doubt about it. Halo 3 for me is vastly overrated, sure I played it but it got boring really quickly.

mangle
22-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Halo 3 i enjoyed a lot , never played it since i got CoD4.

mat64
22-02-2008, 05:22 PM
only problem with cod4 is that every other game it says "host ended game" which is very annoyingGenerally something that never happens when playing it on PC, most if not all games are hosted on dedicated servers and I've never had a game reset etc by a server administrator. But yeh, Call of Duty 4 wins over Halo 3.

graffiti
22-02-2008, 08:03 PM
i'd say that cod4 is the better of the two for many reasons
much more game types than halo 3
more realistic
but halo 3 campaign i found fun but live is like 100 shot kill?

Jordy
22-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I find COD4 quite difficult online, it's not so much about player skill.

For example if your just stood there with someone about 20 ranks above you, they have far better guns and because there is gun is quicker, faster etc, you get killed much quicker. COD4 isn't so much about skill, it's about how long you've spent on it to earn better guns.

On Halo 3 there's vehicles and you all begin with the same gun, and there's some enjoyable/unrealistic weapons which are always a laugh.

Alan_Carr
22-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Call Of Duty 4 all the way, its various games keep you entertained for hours.
I personally like Search & Destroy, or Sabotage, as it relies on Skill and Teamwork, rather than Halo, where you just constantly respawn and go mad.

Bren
22-02-2008, 08:50 PM
CoD 4 is more of a challenge which makes it alot more fun. The vehicles are ***** on Halo imho and it's fairly annoying that you have to press up just to speak. But when it brings up "Host ended the game" it's just a piss take.

benjamin
22-02-2008, 08:52 PM
i prefer halo3, i played cod4 for a bit and i couldn't really get into it.

&bren, that's only on social matches if you have over 4 person per team O_o

GhostFace-
23-02-2008, 12:58 AM
i dont Have CoD 4

but i still think its better that Halo

Ichig0
23-02-2008, 03:15 PM
only problem with cod4 is that every other game it says "host ended game" which is very annoying

For me it goes COD4 -> Gears Of War -> Halo 3

Ye when it says host has ended game its annoying but i heard they are fixing it in an update soon

I don't see how they could fix that. Since COD4 on 360 doesn't have dedicated servers, it uses the first player into the game as the host. Hence lag when that person has a poor connection and the game ending when they leave.

Then again just as I was typing that, perhaps they'll be able to set it so as the hosting is then passed onto another member of the game. It still has it's flaws so I dont think they can fix it.

UnLeSs SoMeOnE cAn ShEd MoRe LigHt On ThE SuBjEcT?!!?!?!?!?!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!