PDA

View Full Version : Working..

Blinger1
24-02-2008, 09:11 AM
What is the best way to work out? I have a gym set like this (http://www.scratchnsave.co.nz/images/P/gym-B_D.gif) and have used it for about 5-6 months but I don't feel that it really helps me gain muscles. I also own a barbell (http://www.bigmusclesfast.com/image-files/barbell-curls-start.jpg) which I bought about 1 week ago, I don't do it every night because i am tired but most i do.

How can I improve my muscles? I haven't noticed a major improvement at all, although i have some peks now.. lol!

spot2
24-02-2008, 04:54 PM
well what muscles? i also think that gym set is very restrictive if you want to gain muscle all around
arms: 3 main muscles and you should do the following to to work them - tricep pulldown, curls, etc

chest is wide grip benchpress

cba to name them all but gl :)

Asher
24-02-2008, 05:45 PM
try doing less reps but increasing the weight. push yourself always.

Charlie
24-02-2008, 05:47 PM
As well as working out on the gym sets, why not go out for jogs and eat healthly as well. Could help.

jesus
24-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Join a gym and tell them what you're hoping to achieve, they'll tell you exactly waht to do. :)

Blinger1
25-02-2008, 06:00 AM
As well as working out on the gym sets, why not go out for jogs and eat healthly as well. Could help.
I do this at least 2 - 3 times a week, I do not need to do more running as I am fit enough as I am.

Join a gym and tell them what you're hoping to achieve, they'll tell you exactly waht to do. :)
I don't have the time to join a gym, or the money really.. also what for if I can do it at home?

At the first replier, I am looking for my biceps to be worked out :).
Any more ideas?

I work out these:
Legs (as you see on the machine)
Triceps (by pushing and the pull downs)
Peks (as seen on machine, the butterfly thingy)
Biceps (barbell).

Thanks again:)

Ouch!
25-02-2008, 08:33 AM
What? Is no-one gonna say this? I'm gonna have to be the one to say it.

Ugh.....alright.

*stands up, clears throat*

STEROIDS!

Muniflex
25-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Well diet wise eat plenty of protein, helps the muscles get bigger.

Maybe go on the internet and type in what you want to do in Google or whatever and it shopuld come up with a website expalining things you need to do.

Bear in mind that not everyones bodies will look the same.
Some people just wont ever be able to get that perfect body.

Blinger1
26-02-2008, 05:09 AM
tbh that last part i think is me!

Or maybe i eat to much junk food. Dad says I need to put weight on and stuff but i can't, my body won't let me!

spot2
26-02-2008, 05:15 AM
I do this at least 2 - 3 times a week, I do not need to do more running as I am fit enough as I am.

I don't have the time to join a gym, or the money really.. also what for if I can do it at home?

At the first replier, I am looking for my biceps to be worked out :).
Any more ideas?

tbh you want to work your whole arm or the proportions will be messed up ie: small forearm but big biceps)
but if you want to work your biceps do curls and hammer curls
also you can attach a bar to the tricep pulldown machine that will help aswell
gd luck :)

Blinger1
26-02-2008, 06:19 AM
hmm.. I play racquetball (bit like squash crossed with tennis), so that trains my forearm i think.. well.. kinda !

Muniflex
26-02-2008, 10:45 AM
tbh that last part i think is me!

Or maybe i eat to much junk food. Dad says I need to put weight on and stuff but i can't, my body won't let me!

Lol that is ma mate.

He eats so much but is still skin and bones!

EDIT: OOooo i play squash ^^^^^^

Slowpoke
26-02-2008, 10:46 AM
i do. i eat like theres no tomorrow. im 15 and only way 9 stone haha.

Blinger1
28-02-2008, 08:34 AM
I used to play squash, then gave it up, then started playing racquetball 2 years ago. and yeah

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!