PDA

View Full Version : vegitarians

benjamin
25-02-2008, 12:14 AM
i think i spelt it wrong, but i don't care.

if you're a vegitarian, is it forced on you by your family?
because one of my friends is a veggie and she said that her mum told her as long as she lives under her roof, she isn't allowed to eat meat (other than penis, her mum don't want her being a rug muncher, now - does she?)

do you agree with this?! vegitarianism should not be forced upon the young!!

Slowpoke
25-02-2008, 12:15 AM
im a crap veggie. i eat meat like once a week but i do regret it. i love animals x3

Charlie
25-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Does seem unfair that it is forced on her, but if everyone else is, she can't exactly sit there eating meat because it's not fair on the others.

Slowpoke
25-02-2008, 12:17 AM
it's harsh to have things forced on you. especially things like food.

jesus
25-02-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm not one and I disagree with it being forced upon by family, althought it might not be pleasant for you to be eating meat near them.

GhostFace-
25-02-2008, 12:18 AM
i dont think its right to force someone to be a veggie.

benjamin
25-02-2008, 12:19 AM
i understand if they said not around them
but like if she eats it at all then her mum will propper screw lol

Slowpoke
25-02-2008, 12:20 AM
that's proper harsh. i'd actually consider that as CA.

jesus
25-02-2008, 12:20 AM
i understand if they said not around them
but like if she eats it at all then her mum will propper screw lolYeah that's pretty stupid. Someone at my school forced some sliced meat down a veggie's throat and made him eat it hahaha.

benjamin
25-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah that's pretty stupid. Someone at my school forced some sliced meat down a veggie's throat and made him eat it hahaha.
it was prob processed so like only 5% meat anyway!!

she said something to me the other day and i was like 'shut up, veggie' and after i said it i was like :x oops
she got well pissy lol

Slowpoke
25-02-2008, 12:22 AM
it's still meat though isn't it.

Virgin Mary
25-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Can't she eat it when she goes out?

benjamin
25-02-2008, 12:24 AM
it's still meat though isn't it.
yeh but it's like fake

Can't she eat it when she goes out?
yeah but she doesn't wanna risk her finding out (dunno how she would lol)

and is it true that a lot of vegitarians are pale because they don't eat meat? she's propper pale and stuff and i mentioned it and she got really offended :S

Slowpoke
25-02-2008, 12:24 AM
it's not though it still had meat in it ben.

benjamin
25-02-2008, 12:25 AM
it's not though it still had meat in it ben.
i know hence why i said about 5%!!

but it wasn't my story anyway have a go at jamie, noob.

Muniflex
25-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Im a vegitarian, but i eat fish.
And duck, well it lives on the water doesn't it?...
And cows, pigs, sheep, anything that lives near water really... Lol joking.

I think the fact she is forced is wrong. It should be a persons choice what she does or doesn't eat.
Her daughter has her own views and somebnody should turn round to that women and bring her back to earth and stop forcing her child to go against her own wishes. (Bit OTT?)

Slowpoke
25-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Why do you eat fish? they still have feelings.

benjamin
25-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Why do you eat fish? they still have feelings.because he's straight

Virgin Mary
25-02-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm a vegetarian but if I had a kid I'd let it eat what it wants as long as it doesn't get fat.

Slowpoke
25-02-2008, 12:45 AM
because he's straight

**** **** ******* love you x

Misawa
25-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Forcing a child to be vegetarian is just horribly wrong. Everyone loves animals, but meat is the best way to go.

Slowpoke
25-02-2008, 12:48 AM
it's not vital to child development though, it's been proven. it's just become a habit and a normal part of life is all.

Metric.
25-02-2008, 02:24 AM
people who push it on others or expect others to accomodate them are morons.

Muniflex
25-02-2008, 10:44 AM
it's not vital to child development though, it's been proven. it's just become a habit and a normal part of life is all.

Yea but it should still be somebodys choice.....

Janet Snakehole
25-02-2008, 02:43 PM
My friend Keira is a vegetarian, and I mean omg - she doesn't even eat oranges anymore.

She put me off jelly.
ANDDDD
she eats fake ham?
How can you get fake ham?
Im confused.
Like, its meaty. So like, I dont understand?
Is it like.. candy ham?
Maybes?
Idk.

Bibliophobia
25-02-2008, 05:00 PM
I LYK MEET 2 MUCH
no srsly i cldn't be veggie

GommeInc
25-02-2008, 05:16 PM
I have to eat meat because vegetables don't provide enough nutrients that my body needs, but I could survive as a vegetarian other than that, but I prefer meat. Veggies that try to preach to me get ignored.

Andeeh
25-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Im a vegeterian i dont know tbh the rest of my family eat meat

but i dno why i am a veggie i think it was cause i dint like taste of some and the slaughter but now it dont bother me

i eat quorn ;)

Thetan
06-03-2008, 01:25 AM
I actually just met someone that forces her kid to be a vegetarian. Nice people, I just didnt have the same opinion. But they also didnt believe in schooling, so the 9 year old doesnt know how to read. That I dont believe in, as the kid is actually smart.

Unpredictible.1
06-03-2008, 01:27 AM
I eat chicken everyday
I eat meat everyweek <3

jesus
06-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I actually just met someone that forces her kid to be a vegetarian. Nice people, I just didnt have the same opinion. But they also didnt believe in schooling, so the 9 year old doesnt know how to read. That I dont believe in, as the kid is actually smart.How can you not 'believe' in schooling?! That's the stupidest thing ever. They sound like right weirdos!

Muniflex
06-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Im guessing there parenst didn't belive in schooling coz only some1 really dumb would day that....:rolleyes:

Swearwolf
06-03-2008, 12:46 PM
the only meat i can stomach is mcdonalds.. and thats hardly meat
im the only 1 in my family
i genuinely cant stand the taste
dont rly care bout the animals

Nereo
10-03-2008, 06:19 PM
It's human nature to eat meat.

Humans were designed to eat meat (as well asplants but also meat):D

SO what's the problem?

In the wild animals are always eating other animals. You don't find vegetarian foxes becuase they feel sorry for rabbits do you?

benjamin
10-03-2008, 06:21 PM
course you eat meat every week, you just said u eat chicken every day :S
I eat chicken everyday
I eat meat everyweek <3

Nereo
10-03-2008, 06:25 PM
course you eat meat every week, you just said u eat chicken every day :S

Maybe they don't count chicken as a meat?:D

benjamin
10-03-2008, 06:26 PM
how can you not count chicken as meat?
that's like saying chinese people aren't human.
Maybe they don't count chicken as a meat?:D

GommeInc
10-03-2008, 07:28 PM
how can you not count chicken as meat?
that's like saying chinese people aren't human.
Chinese people are human :O I don't see why vegitarians that preach about how meat is wrong have any right to tell anyone what not to eat. It's like them telling you how to go to the loo, walk or what to buy.

Jordy
10-03-2008, 09:38 PM
It's human nature to eat meat.

Humans were designed to eat meat (as well asplants but also meat):D

SO what's the problem?

In the wild animals are always eating other animals. You don't find vegetarian foxes becuase they feel sorry for rabbits do you?That's very narrow-minded and untrue, it's been proven by Scientist's that Human's adapted themselves to eat meat, they weren't designed to do it, therefore it isn't natural. Over thousands of years that's how we've developed more 'K9 like' teeth.

There is actually a large amount of vegetarian's that eat chicken, they're not vegetarian in my eye's but it's up to them :P

FlyingJesus
10-03-2008, 11:31 PM
That's very narrow-minded and untrue, it's been proven by Scientist's that Human's adapted themselves to eat meat, they weren't designed to do it, therefore it isn't natural. Over thousands of years that's how we've developed more 'K9 like' teeth.

There is actually a large amount of vegetarian's that eat chicken, they're not vegetarian in my eye's but it's up to them :P

Haven't read the thread because I know what it'll be like but in response to this: if humans have been adapted to eat meat and have evolved as such then it clearly is human nature. When we were herbivorous creatures it wasn't humans as we know it (ie: homo sapiens) or even Neanderthalic persons (homo erectus). If you want to bring evolution into it I'm sure somewhere down in history lions were plant-eating bugs, so it's a void point.

GommeInc
10-03-2008, 11:32 PM
That's very narrow-minded and untrue, it's been proven by Scientist's that Human's adapted themselves to eat meat, they weren't designed to do it, therefore it isn't natural. Over thousands of years that's how we've developed more 'K9 like' teeth.

That makes absoultely no sense... We adapted to it, so it isn't natural? Errm, yes it is if we adapt to it. Unnatural is literally being re-designed to eat it, or something added to our bodies to make us eat it. Something unnatural added to us, a natural being to make us become unnatural.

As FlyingJesus said, the point is void because everything down the line of evolution probably ate meat or didn't eat meat depending on the nature of the animal.

Thetan
12-03-2008, 04:56 PM
My opinion is, who cares if its unnatural or natural, steak kicks ***.

Virgin Mary
12-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah but virtually all our food is unnatural, unless you're one of the people who eats raw organic food.

Janet Snakehole
13-03-2008, 12:37 AM
I wasnt forced to become a veggie.
It was through my own choice.
But a video I saw at school made me come to my decision.
It was disgusting.

Ezzie.
15-03-2008, 12:59 AM
I became vegetarian by myself, to those making idiotic statements such as "LuL Yooo Cnt Lief witout meetz" etc, please, go help evolution along and go jump off a cliff.

But here's a counter-argument, isn't forcing meat onto a child abuse also? Giving them increased risks of cancers and higher rates of cholesterol - not helpful for later life?

Free will in a child of four is pretty nill, they take on what the parents do, so if a household is vegetarian/vegan/pescetarian/omnivorous, it's only natural that the child "goes with the flow" of the family.

Personally- I'd bring my kids up vegetarian, and when they are mature enough to make their own decision I'd let them do that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!