PDA

View Full Version : Peave or Violence

Corporal
26-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Which would habbox rather use?
Im just intrested to know as some of you seem to use and encourage others to use violence.

Edited by ---MAD--- (General Manager): Thread closed as it does not appear to make any sense. Please remake the thread if you wish providing more details.

Slowpoke
26-02-2008, 08:26 AM
what does peave mean lolol

OhLiam
26-02-2008, 08:54 AM
what does peave mean lolol

I googled it and nothing came up unless its a french word? LOL
It must not be a well known word...

if it is im just thick xx

Slowpoke
26-02-2008, 08:54 AM
nah i googled it too and nothing came up?! wth haha

jesus
26-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Perhaps, Corporal, if you explained what exactly you meant then you might get valid responses.

sierk
26-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Maybe he means peace but he should give some more details.

GommeInc
26-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Unless he means peeve, which is a resentful mood. Pet Peeve is a good example, something that always annoys you.

Slowpoke
26-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Maybe he means peace but he should give some more details.

Ah yes. It could be peace. if you look at the computer keyboard the 'c' and 'v' are right next to each other so it could just be a typo! ;)

The Professor
26-02-2008, 05:34 PM
If it is peace, then I believe he's talking about carrot and stick methods of moderation and running of derpartments/the forum. For anyone who doesn't know, a carrot method is offering them reward for good work or even average work, and treating them as if they do no wrong all the time to keep them happy. Conversely, a stick method is following rules to the letter, being whacked with the "stick" if you put a foot out of line and rarely having "well done" said to you if you do something right, like the stereotypical view of Army training (I say that because I don't know what army training is actually like).

I think habbox would like to use carrot, or "peace" methods to run the forum, but because of the overall maturity level of the forum they are incredibly limited. For example, the use of the words "piss" and "*****" was allowed recently because the management felt that they weren't offensive enough to be filtered, but a couple of weeks on and people are still using them at every opportunity for the novelty of it. So the strict "violence" methods are not ideal, but unfortunately necessary to keep people with low maturity levels from causing trouble. Imo, trouble makers should be kicked off the forum permanently, but habbox don't seem to like doing that, so we're stuck with the stick methods for the forseeable.

</speech>

salacious
26-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I thought it was Leave, seeing as L and P are near eachother..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!