PDA

View Full Version : IE compatibility help

Jordan3606
27-02-2008, 11:17 AM
http://ps-home.net/

In firefox, the text in the header shows as black, but in IE it shows as white and therefore is not viewable (the bit underneath the text is white)

I'm a complete noob at this, any fixes? :P

<div id="header" class="div1">
<font color=black><font face=verdana><h1>PS-HOME.NET</h1>
<h2>Your #1 Playstation Home Resource!</h2></a>
</div>Thats the code, I don't see why it shouldn't work?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Actually, don't worry, I've done it now :P

I needed to put the <font color=blah> and <font face=blah> tags in between the <h1> tags ;)

Bojangles
27-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Theres not really much you can do.
Firefox and IE use different coding :)

Jordan3606
27-02-2008, 11:21 AM

I've sorted it now by putting the font face and font color tags inside <h1> and </h1>

I was tempted just to leave it, I mean who in their right mind would use IE anyways? :P

Puma
27-02-2008, 11:21 AM
there nothing wrong with it?

EDIT: i see you fixed it xD

Bojangles
27-02-2008, 11:24 AM
I've sorted it now by putting the font face and font color tags inside <h1> and </h1>

I was tempted just to leave it, I mean who in their right mind would use IE anyways? :P
Haha, not alot really use IE no more as the other browsers are catching on, especially FireFox.

Jordan3606
27-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I just hate IE, it loads sites so much slower than in firefox, and firefox has much better customisation with Skins, addons and such.

Johno
27-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Haha, not alot really use IE no more as the other browsers are catching on, especially FireFox.

Um, what now? 53.2% of Internet users, use IE. Please don't say that not a lot of people use it when they do.

Yes, 37.2% use FireFox however IE still has a higher market share.

.:; Johno

wewt
27-02-2008, 10:23 PM
You don't know what you're talking about. If you haven't already done this, <h2 style="color: #000;">text</h2>

iUnknown
27-02-2008, 10:42 PM

More people us internet explorer than anything else. I personally use mozilla firefox. The majority of people I know from online use mozilla firefox, but I know way more people who use internet explorer. It is more important to get it working in internet explorer than firefox (that's my view), as more common users just browsing the internet will be using internet explorer.

Um, what now? 53.2% of Internet users, use IE. Please don't say that not a lot of people use it when they do.

Yes, 37.2% use FireFox however IE still has a higher market share.

.:; Johno

Quite right.

php.net
27-02-2008, 11:00 PM

In future, just don't even bother your shirt posting unless you know what you're posting about.

Blob
28-02-2008, 06:11 PM
If firefox came installed with windows (that will never happen, unless if firefox made computers, which would be cool) then more people will get to grips with it then the people that use IE will go down.

Bojangles
28-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Sorry I'm not too good with cross-browser coding :P
And I don't know this for sure but was it firefox who made the original tabbed browsing?

Blob
28-02-2008, 07:08 PM
I think so, then IE 7 came out and ruined it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!