PDA

View Full Version : Hacking PSP..

Danny,
27-02-2008, 08:12 PM
I currently have a version 2.81 version on my psp and im assuming it is the chunkier model because of the IR port, and i have a good few memory sticks ranging from 512 to 8gb so if i need spares thats not a problem, but im confused at what i would achieve from hacking my psp.
Other than emulators and free games (which i assume is from torrents?) what do you get?
and ive heard alot about bricking, what causes this and can it be undone easily/cheaply?
if i hack my psp can i return it to its original state easily?
and lastly could anyone link me to the program i need after getting the game needed to downgrade to 1.5

PaulMacC
11-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Bricking is uncommon but when you download custom firmware hold R while booting it up and it will bring you to the recovery menu, go to Advanced and there will be Flash 1-4, activate them 1 at time and it will bring you up a USB device on the PC (bear in mind you have to have your PSP connected to PSP) and make a back up of all the flashs, if you brick your PSP all you need to do is go into recovery mode and activate the seperate flashes then paste the back ups.
Recovery mode is always acessible when you have a semi-brick which is what most people get, a full brick needs pandora's battery which is hard, I've had to use it once.

You can obtains, emulators, free games, applications, homebrew applications :)

PSPISO.com has all the programs, tutorials etc.
another good site is PSP-hacks.com but it doesnt explain it very well.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!