PDA

View Full Version : query : GTA 4

Callumhall
28-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Will it be Mutiplayer because it says Mutiplayer on the offical Website
and if it is what will be like free foam Co-op or the ****** icons in the game where you can only play with someone on the console

will it be released with the game?
anyone know?

Pat McGroin
28-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Multiplayer

Multiplayer will be a feature of GTA IV but will not be an MMO, as noted by Dan Houser.[28] It will be accessible from Niko's mobile phone[29] and is aiming for up to 16 players, with a possibility of open-ended gameplay and exploring the whole city. [30]

Callumhall
28-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Another Query seeing as they are Ruleing out Planes does this mean Helicoptors to?
Sorry for being a noob :)

Nemo
28-02-2008, 07:07 PM
since when did they rule out planes omg :O

jesus
28-02-2008, 07:15 PM
since when did they rule out planes omg :OSnice the start. the multiplayer thing sounds pretty good but if it's anything like it was on San Andreas then it's nothing to get excited about.

Ashley 12344
28-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Can tell you now it'll be better than SA.

Helicopters are in, planes aren't.

mangle
28-02-2008, 08:14 PM
29th april release

Rumoured Team deathmatches

Choppers are in , planes arent. Maybe due to respect of 9/11? I reckon its the sheer fact it'd be crap as you cant go anywhere.

Wootzeh
28-02-2008, 08:18 PM
29th april release

Choppers are in , planes arent. Maybe due to respect of 9/11? I reckon its the sheer fact it'd be crap as you cant go anywhere.
No, the fact it takes like 2minutes to fly over New York and it wouldn't be very realistic :p

mangle
28-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Well , that aswell yeah! :P

GommeInc
28-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Multiplayer

Multiplayer will be a feature of GTA IV but will not be an MMO, as noted by Dan Houser.[28] It will be accessible from Niko's mobile phone[29] and is aiming for up to 16 players, with a possibility of open-ended gameplay and exploring the whole city. [30]
So it'll allow people to travel anywhere, 1 character could be in the south while another in the north, for example. So not like GTA:SA?

mangle
28-02-2008, 08:38 PM
If its on live then yeah , you're not connected via the same screen. Thats why you couldn't move too far away as you'd lose one ;)

Alan_Carr
28-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Best be online co-op or w.e :)

The Professor
28-02-2008, 09:04 PM
29th april release

GTA3, Vice city and San Andreas have been released since then. 9/11 was back in 2001, doesn't seem that long ago, I remember it like it was yesterday -.-

mangle
28-02-2008, 09:10 PM
GTA3, Vice city and San Andreas have been released since then. 9/11 was back in 2001, doesn't seem that long ago, I remember it like it was yesterday -.-

Yeah but this is an actual scale version of New York. Youjust know some sicko would try a 9/11 stunt.

GommeInc
28-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah but this is an actual scale version of New York. Youjust know some sicko would try a 9/11 stunt.
Indeed, although no one will be able to see it. Planes would be pointless though, their potential like in SA won't exist, only one airport means you won't be able to take a flight from another to the airport, like in SA you could.

Crazy Bartender
28-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Is online going to be like SA:MP?

Neil
28-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Very, very little is known about multiplayer at the moment, just the fact that they're aiming for 16 playings with open world exploring, I would assume games modes would include TDM, DM, CTF and some form of base match, possibly "Tanks for the memories" and the helicopter one that were in VCS, those were fun xD

Callumhall
28-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I just hope its not as crap as SR online

mangle
28-02-2008, 09:24 PM
They should have Search and Destroy hahaha!

Crazy Bartender
28-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I hope you can get 16 people per hosted game and you all roam all of New York then it's up to you what you want to do. Like you can just drive cars and kill people who walk the streets and mug peoples cars.

And then you can have different game types. Can we submit these ideas to Rockstar somehow? :P

Callumhall
28-02-2008, 09:28 PM
I hope you can get 16 people per hosted game and you all roam all of New York then it's up to you what you want to do. Like you can just drive cars and kill people who walk the streets and mug peoples cars.

And then you can have different game types. Can we submit these ideas to Rockstar somehow? :P

Now Crusing with like 16 people would be cool
I wonder if you could actucally fill a bus Lol

Neil
28-02-2008, 09:45 PM

I think it'll be 16 player game modes like DM, TDM etc. then 4 player free roam, I'm not really sure, I would imagine 16 players causing havoc in free roam would cause alot of lag, especially with no loading screen so it's not gonna give the game huge amounts of time to unpack all the right data and stuff, we'll see at the end of April, 2 months left

awelsh
28-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I think it'll be 16 player game modes like DM, TDM etc. then 4 player free roam, I'm not really sure, I would imagine 16 players causing havoc in free roam would cause alot of lag, especially with no loading screen so it's not gonna give the game huge amounts of time to unpack all the right data and stuff, we'll see at the end of April, 5 months left

5 months left? april is in 2 months. Unless you ment something else ?

Neil
28-02-2008, 09:55 PM
5 months left? april is in 2 months. Unless you ment something else ?

Yea I wasn't paying attention when I typed that lol

Crazy Bartender
28-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Even 4-6 player free roam would be great. I hope they do have a free roam online feature. Only time would tell :P

Roboevil
28-02-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't really care about multiplayer much, if it had 1v1 free roaming then I'm good to go with a mate lol.

Co-operative adventure, or whatever it's called would be good, like on Halo when you can do the missions with another person too.

Fez
29-02-2008, 03:36 PM
One thing that would be awesome would be to create you own game mode " Rocketman " straight out Deathmatch and spawn with RPGs

GommeInc
29-02-2008, 03:52 PM
This maybe an obvious answer, but can type of GTA4 game connect to another e.g. Xbox 360 to PS3, PS3 to Xbox 360 etc or will they limit it to only same console to same console?

Neil
29-02-2008, 03:56 PM
This maybe an obvious answer, but can type of GTA4 game connect to another e.g. Xbox 360 to PS3, PS3 to Xbox 360 etc or will they limit it to only same console to same console?

No because Sony and Microsoft are like cats and dogs, some maybe get along but at the end of the day they're always gonna be against each other and will refuse any kinds of co-operation

Wootzeh
29-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Multiplayer customisation : Hopefully you get money from killing and stuff and then you can buy dif clothes, hair etc and weapons :D, well that's what I want lol

mangle
29-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Can you actually get a hair cut?

I know you can change clothes but you can't do some stuff can you.

Neil
29-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Can you actually get a hair cut?

I know you can change clothes but you can't do some stuff can you.

You can change clothes, get haircuts and change your facial hair and that's it xD

Crazy Bartender
29-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Multiplayer customisation : Hopefully you get money from killing and stuff and then you can buy dif clothes, hair etc and weapons :D, well that's what I want lol

Yeah, like Saints Row. Wouldn't be all bad :P

Wootzeh
29-02-2008, 07:33 PM
You can change clothes, get haircuts and change your facial hair and that's it xD
Na, I don't think you can change hair and facial hair in singleplayer, but everything else you can I think.

mangle
29-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Thats what I was thinking

HMMMM!

Neil
29-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Na, I don't think you can change hair and facial hair in singleplayer, but everything else you can I think.

It was announced as one of the features that you can change your hair and facial hair, the only thing you can't do is choose gender or get fatty, skinny, more or less muscly and all taht

Wootzeh
29-02-2008, 07:48 PM
It was announced as one of the features that you can change your hair and facial hair, the only thing you can't do is choose gender or get fatty, skinny, more or less muscly and all taht
Can you get me a link?

mangle
29-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I think its good that Nico cant beef himself up etc. And with vlonde hair he'd look ridiculous!

Wootzeh
29-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I think its good that Nico cant beef himself up etc. And with vlonde hair he'd look ridiculous!
Ye, it would just ruin his character imo, he's supposed to be a badass afterall.

Neil
29-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Ye, it would just ruin his character imo, he's supposed to be a badass afterall.

The only reason they removed the ability was because the physics are "perfect" and being able to customize that sort of stuff would mess it up, like alot of the cinematics will be the real game graphics and it'd probably look weird if it's a high action cinematic and you're guy looks like Don Vito

Edit

Image of Niko with slightly different hair

http://gtahq.multiplayernetwork.net/images/gamespy_01.jpg

I was reading an apparently the clothes changing will be similar to Vice City, LCS and VCS where you select full outfits instead of pick and mix

Edit 2 - I was reading some more and apparently, no fantasy vehicles, this means, no jet packs, no tanks, no bicycles and there is no parachute, so if you plan to jump off of a really tall building, expect to die

Wootzeh
29-02-2008, 10:53 PM
I havn't heard that myself, and I hope it isnt true. And from screenshots it looks like his clothes are fully customisable :S
http://media.gtanet.com/images/3929_gta4_screenshot.jpg
He looks so badass.

Neil
01-03-2008, 12:31 AM
I donno, this is just what I've read, I am fairly certain it'll be like Vice City, LCS and VCS where you select complete outfits other than select a certain pair of trousers or shirt

Ashley 12344
01-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Bikes aren't in it.
Not bothered about jetpack, but at least one hard to reach tank is needed :(

Hopefully it won't be outfit pick up, rather select item. I think thats true, as I've seen somewhere in the shops he has to go up to each individual item on shelf to try it?

Neil
01-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Bikes aren't in it.
Not bothered about jetpack, but at least one hard to reach tank is needed :(

Hopefully it won't be outfit pick up, rather select item. I think thats true, as I've seen somewhere in the shops he has to go up to each individual item on shelf to try it?

I quite liked being able to ride about on a BMX or mountain bike to be honest, it was a different approach really

GommeInc
01-03-2008, 11:03 PM
The cars behind him look like Mercedes... That's quite cool :D Surely bikes should be in it, they're realistic?

Fez
01-03-2008, 11:13 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31287.html

Graphics are looking top notch

Neil
01-03-2008, 11:55 PM
The cars behind him look like Mercedes... That's quite cool :D Surely bikes should be in it, they're realistic?

Yea it seems a bit pointless because you always have people riding bikes in movies based on NY :S

It was to get rid of the "gang BMX rider" sort of thing apparently :rolleyes:

GommeInc
02-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Yea it seems a bit pointless because you always have people riding bikes in movies based on NY :S

It was to get rid of the "gang BMX rider" sort of thing apparently :rolleyes:
Bit pointless. I don't even know what that is lol

Neil
02-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Bit pointless. I don't even know what that is lol

You know like at the start of SA you were all on bikes and it just looked typical "BMX rider gangster" and it looked really stupid, it would work alot better in GTA4, if it was just mountain bikes maybe as BMX is sort of for the "extreme" sports and younger ages

GommeInc
02-03-2008, 04:03 PM
All they could of done was not make a mission that was 'gangster biker gang' related to solve that problem...

Another question! If there are boats, does the water current change in the places you are like if the sea is rough and you're approach an opening to a river/bay/port (if LC/NY has that), does the surface of the water and the whole intensity die down, and will you be able to see this? Would be realistic.

Adam$
02-03-2008, 04:14 PM
I heard something like the clothing changes are frequent as in real life (daily)

Frodo13.
02-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Bikes aren't in it.

Im sure there is. On one of the trailers theres a shot of Niko on a bike.

e5
02-03-2008, 04:24 PM
It should always have multiplayer =[

Neil
02-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Im sure there is. On one of the trailers theres a shot of Niko on a bike.

He means Bicycles not motorbikes

I heard something like the clothing changes are frequent as in real life (daily)

I doubt it but you never know xD

All they could of done was not make a mission that was 'gangster biker gang' related to solve that problem...

Another question! If there are boats, does the water current change in the places you are like if the sea is rough and you're approach an opening to a river/bay/port (if LC/NY has that), does the surface of the water and the whole intensity die down, and will you be able to see this? Would be realistic.

It would be realistic but like most things too much realism would really ruin GTA as a game, it would make you think more I suppose, instead of taking the quickest route you could try take ones that would suit the situation, like chasing after someonme you wanna try do it with calm water to keep your speed up wereas escaping police rougher water would be better because it could slow them down aswell

Aflux
02-03-2008, 05:33 PM
There will be parachutes ;)

Neil
02-03-2008, 06:26 PM
There will be parachutes ;)

No they said they wont be putting parachutes in

GommeInc
02-03-2008, 06:46 PM
It would be realistic but like most things too much realism would really ruin GTA as a game, it would make you think more I suppose, instead of taking the quickest route you could try take ones that would suit the situation, like chasing after someonme you wanna try do it with calm water to keep your speed up wereas escaping police rougher water would be better because it could slow them down aswell
It wouldn't ruin the game, just make it more interesting. Like a river would be calm while the open sea would be rougher, so when sailing around areas you'll get a bit of difference.

Wootzeh
02-03-2008, 06:47 PM
No they said they wont be putting parachutes in
I really do want to see your sources neil :S

Ashley 12344
02-03-2008, 07:28 PM
I really do want to see your sources neil :S

Can vouch for a lot what he says, loads of URLs throughout the games forum on it.

Not sure about parachutes, although I wouldn't be surprised if they were dropped.

Neil
02-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Since GTA4 is the more realistic turn on the GTA series Parachutes in Liberty City would just be weird, no planes so no purpose in them anymore, obviously base jumping which I quite enjoy doing on GTA: SA but like I said in Liberty City you wont see a whole lot of them xD

GommeInc
02-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Since GTA4 is the more realistic turn on the GTA series Parachutes in Liberty City would just be weird, no planes so no purpose in them anymore, obviously base jumping which I quite enjoy doing on GTA: SA but like I said in Liberty City you wont see a whole lot of them xD
But you do get secret agents and the like doing that sort of thing, or evil people in films :P

Ashley 12344
02-03-2008, 08:04 PM

I reckon they might chuck one in for novelty, for part of a mission or something.

Neil
02-03-2008, 08:05 PM
I reckon they might chuck one in for novelty, for part of a mission or something.

Yea, I would imagine they add a few things as mission objects and nothing else, would be nice to get a tank and cause chaos but oh well xD

But you do get secret agents and the like doing that sort of thing, or evil people in films :P

Lol yea but you're not a secret agent, I don't think Niko is funded by the government and given parachutes to jump off of buildings for fun :P

GommeInc
02-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Lol yea but you're not a secret agent, I don't think Niko is funded by the government and given parachutes to jump off of buildings for fun :P
But he could steal one from somewhere or even get given one by someone to jump from a tall building to a building down below. But it would be for a mission like you mentioned, so yeah :P

Neil
02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
But he could steal one from somewhere or even get given one by someone to jump from a tall building to a building down below. But it would be for a mission like you mentioned, so yeah :P

Could do, I wouldn't be surprised if they added it due to petitions and stuff

I'm just glad they got rid of jeypacks, they were just pointless xD

Ashley 12344
02-03-2008, 08:14 PM

Annoyed the **** out of me.
They were slow as hell.

GommeInc
02-03-2008, 08:15 PM

They were very very pointless indeed :P The only fun I ever had with them was when I played 2 player mode with my brother, but you don't get far with them because you follow where the camera goes :P

So what happens with police warning levels now? Or has that been left secret?

Neil
02-03-2008, 08:22 PM
They were very very pointless indeed :P The only fun I ever had with them was when I played 2 player mode with my brother, but you don't get far with them because you follow where the camera goes :P

So what happens with police warning levels now? Or has that been left secret?

Lol alot better warning levels than previous games, 6 stars are back, you only get stars if there are people around to see the crime, the police will only try and find you in the area you commited the crime in, unless they see you then they'll follow you and you have to try and get out of the zone they're searching in, the more stars you get the bigger the seach area and the harder it is to get out, not sure how to lower stars but I would assume police bribes like previous games

Ashley 12344
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Lol alot better warning levels than previous games, 6 stars are back, you only get stars if there are people around to see the crime, the police will only try and find you in the area you commited the crime in, unless they see you then they'll follow you and you have to try and get out of the zone they're searching in, the more stars you get the bigger the seach area and the harder it is to get out, not sure how to lower stars but I would assume police bribes like previous games

Or it'll count down when you leave the crime area?
But yeah, should be good. Was always annoying how you could literally go to the other side of the map without being seen by a police car and maintain your stars.

GommeInc
02-03-2008, 08:31 PM
I sorta knew about the witnesses thing, but that's about it. Sounds cool though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!