PDA

View Full Version : Toxic (Mark Ronson)

Frodo13.
29-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Just heard this...amazing! Mark Ronson is a genious. I personally think every cover on Version is better then it's original.

Smiddy
29-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Am I 1 of the only few people who still prefers the Zutons version of Valerie over his collab with the rehab thing. (Yes I do know her name..)

I do like his newest release though.

benjamin
29-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Am I 1 of the only few people who still prefers the Zutons version of Valerie over his collab with the rehab thing. (Yes I do know her name..)

i love mark ronson, but i 100% agree the zutons version is the best.

Frodo13.
29-02-2008, 11:11 PM
I love the Amy Winehouse version. She's got mega talent, its just a shame she is wasting it.

today
29-02-2008, 11:12 PM

no, i hate the new version too.

The Professor
29-02-2008, 11:13 PM

I completely agree. I didn't like it the first time I heard it, and its so overplayed that I now wish to blow up every radio in sight when I hear it. Amy Winehouse just sounds drunk in all her songs, but theres probably a reason for that ;)

jesus
29-02-2008, 11:14 PM

I do like his newest release though.Probably just you and Ben, the majority of people prefer the remake. :P

Smiddy
29-02-2008, 11:24 PM
i love mark ronson, but i 100% agree the zutons version is the best.
Nice one :D

I completely agree. I didn't like it the first time I heard it, and its so overplayed that I now wish to blow up every radio in sight when I hear it. Amy Winehouse just sounds drunk in all her songs, but theres probably a reason for that ;)
Every time it comes on the radio I try to sing along but in style of the Zutons; it's never successful.

Probably just you and Ben, the majority of people prefer the remake. :P
They just like the hype of Amy Winecellar, I personally believe. :)

PaulMacC
29-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Zutons > Amy Winehouse.

Toxic is too slow for me :(
I like Just tho.

apollo
01-03-2008, 08:23 PM
toxic by MR is just awful in my opinion. i think toxic is just one of those songs you don't mess with or cover, it's perfect as it is.

Niall!
01-03-2008, 09:43 PM
I love the Zutons valerie.

alexxxxx
01-03-2008, 09:46 PM
i just don't like mark ronson.

Ostinato
02-03-2008, 12:53 AM
HE IS A LEGEND

I touched him =D

Saw him live in glasgow couple of fridays back, so good.

Roboevil
02-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Eugh, Toxic shouldn't have been messed with, Britney Spears has done a fantastic job herself, no need to spit on it Mark.

Liz♥
02-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Nothing that special tbf, I prefer Just (his next single)

joshuar
02-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I think that the Zutons version is much much better. Amy Whingbag is just a waste of space.

How does Mark Ronson play live anyway? Cause I really doubt that Amy would turn up for the performances :rolleyes:

:Liam
02-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I love mark ronsons album in general everything has improved to the originals

samsaBEAR
02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
i neither like the zutons or amy winehouse's versions, but at least the zutons is more bearable.
i think mark ronson is a joke. i really don't like how he can cover other peope's music, add bits, then win awards for it

Pyroka
03-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Mark Ronson is immense. Btw Samsa, he covers other peoples music because he's a producer. You can accuse Timbaland of doing the same, and he got to number 1 on the charts once, so yeah... They just improve the versions tbh, and is that such a bad thing? It's all in the thought of music, and I'm sure he has to get permission first before he covers songs.

I want to hear this toxic song.... :(

samsaBEAR
03-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Mark Ronson is immense. Btw Samsa, he covers other peoples music because he's a producer. You can accuse Timbaland of doing the same, and he got to number 1 on the charts once, so yeah... They just improve the versions tbh, and is that such a bad thing? It's all in the thought of music, and I'm sure he has to get permission first before he covers songs.

I want to hear this toxic song.... :(
yeh, i get that, i dont mind him doing it, some of his stuff is alright. however i dont think he deserves awards like best male and the like, because he is only covering. like at the brits, the other nominees (Jamie T, Mika, Newton Faulkner, Richard Hawley) all make their own music, and deserve to get the award a lot more than mark ronson does.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!