PDA

View Full Version : I got paid for this?!

Muniflex
01-03-2008, 01:16 AM
Loooool.

Today i was helping this guy... He owns a pool bar and a bar/pub down the road but nobody is staying on the complex where his pool bar is so today me and my mate moved all his booze from one place to another.
All we did was move from stock room to car boot, then unload it.
Best thing was we got to drink as much as we wanted really. I had my first Budweiser in a while and my first ever red WKD, was prettty nice but too expensive.
Anyway, I worked 4:30 - 5:30 and got 20 euro (£15?) It's awesome!

Tomorrow, or if your reading this on Saturday 1st March 2008 then today we are doing the same with the food.
And Saturday night i am doing the lights for his Dads show G.H.O.S.T.S (Guitar Heroes On Stage Tribute Show)

2 easy and fun jobs and i getting paid:D

Criminal
01-03-2008, 01:32 AM
You worked one hour, well done. Not bad money I supose, is this going to be a regular thing?

Muniflex
01-03-2008, 01:34 AM
You worked one hour, well done. Not bad money I supose, is this going to be a regular thing?

Lol one hour of work is the most i have done in a very long time.
Since leaving school and leaving my summer job i have really just been lying about until 12-1 o clock and then going out. Nothing to be proud of i know but i like it.

And although i do like lying about this would be a great job to be regular but unfortunatley not:( Until everything is gone from that place, which should be tomorrow maybe Monday also....

Criminal
01-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Oh I don't mean it like that, I mean like congrats on your first hour of work :P

And if you're low on cash ask him if it can be a regular job for you ;)

Muniflex
01-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Oh I don't mean it like that, I mean like congrats on your first hour of work :P

And if you're low on cash ask him if it can be a regular job for you ;)

Oh fair enough:P

And it wont be able to turn regular. Once i moved all this stuff there would be nothing to do?

But getting on his good side and working hard should put me in his good books and maybe when something like this crops up again i should be first to his mind. Also he has a kitchen at his pub and as i will be going to catering college next year it would be good work experience but i have got a couple of other places where i may get a job in a kitchen, i don't really know right now, i just want to get my IGCSE's over in May and then properly concentrate on a full time job. Right now im just happy getting the odd bit of money here and there for odd jobs.

Criminal
01-03-2008, 01:43 AM
£15 per hour is very good :O

The average wage is about £5.50 per hour :P

Muniflex
01-03-2008, 01:47 AM
£15 per hour is very good :O

The average wage is about £5.50 per hour :P

Mmm out here though it is the average you get paid for a job like that. Just a one off you will usually get that amount.

Wont me more than 2 hours tomorrow though.

Lubricant
01-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Stop being a bum and get a proper job.

Edited by REDNECK (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude.

jesus
01-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Not bad James! The guy you did it for must have been a nice fella. :)

Metric.
02-03-2008, 04:34 AM
lolz i want dat job!

nawww
i get 11.75/hr to do nothing, so i'm gd.

Firehorse
02-03-2008, 08:29 AM
cool, I need some jobs like that, especially with the debt i'm in :(

@xP
02-03-2008, 09:55 AM
15 pound a hour. Meh good on you. Better than most people get paid haha.
Should ask if you can extend your hours! :P

Muniflex
02-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Mmmm well i did it again yesterday for 3 hours doing food.

It was horrible:(

I was sooooo ill i felt all weak and was crap.
OPn the upside i did get more free beer and it was pretty easy still, just felt like poo all day. Then went home, took parecetemol and did the Guitar show which went all good if you wonderd lol. But by the time i got home i was in so much pain and shivering like a shivering thing.

Not getting paid till monday because i still need to do a bit more stuff.

Going for lunch today 4 mothers day/dads bday and where we going my mum trying to get me job there, i hate working!:eusa_wall

Lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!