PDA

View Full Version : HD Dvd Players

Criminal
01-03-2008, 02:15 AM
Do they play US and UK DVDs? if it plays both that would be great, then I can use it to watch Drawn Together and all them Americans on it :eusa_danc

Marky.
01-03-2008, 02:41 PM
who cares HDDVD is dead now so i wouldnt waste your money on one wait for bluray players 2 go down in price

Criminal
01-03-2008, 03:10 PM
You're not answering my question, pillock.

Who needs BluRay? They're crap :rolleyes:

Josh-H
01-03-2008, 03:16 PM

HD-DVD has BEEN DISCONTINUED. Every studio has now switched to blu-ray so unless you don't plan on buying any HD-DVDs for your player, I wouldn't bother...

Criminal
01-03-2008, 03:17 PM
I will do, and I'll just use it for American DVDs too. But on films it says "Available on HDDVD and BluRay"

Josh-H
01-03-2008, 03:21 PM
I will do, and I'll just use it for American DVDs too. But on films it says "Available on HDDVD and BluRay"

To answer your original questions, HD-DVD is region locked so american dvds won't work.

Criminal
01-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Okay thanks :)

Do BluRay's play both regions?

Josh-H
01-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Okay thanks :)

Do BluRay's play both regions?

Nope, they don't. Region locked just like normal DVDs and HD-DVDs.

Criminal
01-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Aw :(

The problem I'm having is I can't watch no American funny cartoons and DVD's and stuff, I guess I'll need to buy a American Portable DVD player :(

http://habboxforum.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif HD Dvd Players (http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=4496577#post4496577) 01-03-2008 05:16 PM What an absolute idiot, shut up. Josh-H

Wow, that's what you get for not likeing BluRay? Go back to PS3 mate, you're pathetic.

Josh-H
01-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Aw :(

The problem I'm having is I can't watch no American funny cartoons and DVD's and stuff, I guess I'll need to buy a American Portable DVD player :(

http://habboxforum.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif HD Dvd Players (http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=4496577#post4496577) 01-03-2008 05:16 PM What an absolute idiot, shut up. Josh-H

Wow, that's what you get for not likeing BluRay? Go back to PS3 mate, you're pathetic.

No that's what you get for calling other members pillocks when they're trying to advise you.

Criminal
01-03-2008, 04:26 PM
No that's what you get for calling other members pillocks when they're trying to advise you.

I'm asking about "HD DVDs" and I do not want to hear about BluRay's and the price range going down. If I wanted to buy a BluRay I would of posted about it and asked for vital information on them :rolleyes:

Josh-H
01-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm asking about "HD DVDs" and I do not want to hear about BluRay's and the price range going down. If I wanted to buy a BluRay I would of posted about it and asked for vital information on them :rolleyes:

He told you not to bother with HD-DVDs which WAS relevant.

P.S You told me to go back to PS3 because I support Blu-ray..? Right.. Supporting the leading high definition format has nothing to do with it then.?

Criminal
01-03-2008, 04:39 PM
He told you not to bother with HD-DVDs which WAS relevant.

P.S You told me to go back to PS3 because I support Blu-ray..? Right.. Supporting the leading high definition format has nothing to do with it then.?

Because you have a PS3 and you're having a epilectic fit when I said BluRay is crap which is why I don't want to buy one. And it was relevant. I'm asking about HD DVD Players not BluRay :rolleyes:

There's a difference. I bolded them for you ;)

Technologic
01-03-2008, 04:43 PM

O rly? that's why HD-DVD is being ditched by most studios and blu-ray is being taken up.

And in answer to your Q, no. Only blu-ray discs are region free

Wootzeh
01-03-2008, 04:49 PM
You really sohldn't waste your money on a HD DVD player.

Criminal
01-03-2008, 04:51 PM
You really sohldn't waste your money on a HD DVD player.

I'm not now, I guess I'll have to get a American Portable or something.

@ Relax, that's because most Animation films are going to BluRay for "better viewing experience" but not everybody has a BluRay player, so it'll be pointless. Plus they're still going to be on HD too.

Technologic
01-03-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm not now, I guess I'll have to get a American Portable or something.

@ Relax, that's because most Animation films are going to BluRay for "better viewing experience" but not everybody has a BluRay player, so it'll be pointless. Plus they're still going to be on HD too.
Not for long though, blockbuster have stopped sotcking hd dvds

Criminal
01-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Not for long though, blockbuster have stopped sotcking hd dvds

Good thing I don't shop at Blockbuster ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!