PDA

View Full Version : COD 4 League Implementation here

Lµke
01-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi guys, i noticed that there is quite a following of COD 4 on here and wondered if people would be willing to join a league if i created it here.

Depending on the numbers i got back it would be either be 5v5 or 4v4 and hopefully would be 4 matches between 8 teams played on one night through the week (GMT time) which would be polled to see what night and time was the best for everyone.

Everyone would be put in a team and for the first season each team would play each other once and on each night, four different maps would be played and four different match types such as team death match, search and destroy etc meaning it would take around 1 hour to complete maximum.

Post back saying if your interested to see if its viable for me to run :).

This for the xbox of course

graffiti
01-03-2008, 06:54 PM
i'm interested
can't come on school nights though soz
on school nites im on 3:40 - 7:00
friday & saturday: around half 10 - 11 to quarter to 3 am

Disaronno
01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Yea its a good idea, but i dont think it would work. Id play though. SmarterChild, are you in UK?

Lµke
01-03-2008, 07:01 PM
i'm interested
can't come on school nights though soz
on school nites im on 3:40 - 7:00
friday & saturday: around half 10 - 11 to quarter to 3 am

It would depend, id obviously if i got enough interest poll the league members to see what night would be best.

Yea its a good idea, but i dont think it would work. Id play though. SmarterChild, are you in UK?

Care to elaborate for me?

Disaronno
01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Rules people wont agree on
What if someone cant play does that mean the team forfeit for example

Different stuff like, why should someone pick the teams? You should make a thread and people should then put in their forum sigs what team for instance.

How would you know the scores are real?

Stuff like that

and plus, i could play you right now, and again and again and win. Then on that night of the game your mate could play as you, how would i know?

graffiti
01-03-2008, 07:09 PM
yes i am in the uk
east mids

Lµke
01-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Rules people wont agree on
What if someone cant play does that mean the team forfeit for example

Different stuff like, why should someone pick the teams? You should make a thread and people should then put in their forum sigs what team for instance.

How would you know the scores are real?

Stuff like that

and plus, i could play you right now, and again and again and win. Then on that night of the game your mate could play as you, how would i know?

Very good questions.

Firstly if someone cannot play they would have to say so in the weekly sign up thread and a replacement player would be found if there isn't a player available they can choose to play the match regardless or forfeit.

Nobody will be picking the teams, each player will be given a number based on sign-up and then i would use a random number generator to determine the teams so it is totally random and gives each team a fair chance (although obviously some teams will be better than others)

For the scores there would be one team captain for each team, who would report the scores back from the game.

And for the last question, very good question i can't really answer that, but it would be stupid to sign up to a league and then not actually play yourself?

Disaronno
01-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Okay sounds good.

Yea, im sure a lot of people would be FOR this, just expect a lot of questions.

Last question, if i say my team won, and the other team says that they won how would it be decided

yido
01-03-2008, 07:26 PM
ill play tag UKB Dan

Lµke
01-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Okay sounds good.

Yea, im sure a lot of people would be FOR this, just expect a lot of questions.

Last question, if i say my team won, and the other team says that they won how would it be decided

Okay, i thought you'd ask this and when i was answering the questions i thought this myself. Hopefully i'd pick each captain for each team that was responsible enough not to do this.

However i guess it could be difficult to say 'we won the whole game' as there would be 4 different maps and modes played on and each team would gain 10 points for a win of each map, so you could end up drawing at 20-20 so id just ask who won what map at what scores and then ask other people and see if it adds up.

If it didn't add up and cant be decided between the two teams who won what i would just disqualify them from that round, meaning both team scored 0-0 for that round, that's a last resort obviously.

yido
01-03-2008, 07:37 PM
luke get a spectator in?

Gnome
01-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Ill play [:

my gt is Gnome Massacare

Lµke
01-03-2008, 07:49 PM
luke get a spectator in?

I was thinking this, however i don't think it'd be needed as i think the no points rule would discourage people from doing it.

Disaronno
01-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Umm why dont you do 1 game a night from every team, for example

If i was team A and i played Team B tonight, i lost 750 to 690 that would be 10 points in the league for them and you have to play everyone twice?

Rockstar
02-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Ill play only level 43 though LOL
GamerTag: ReApErS ThUnDeR

mangle
02-03-2008, 09:17 AM
I think its all good , i'll join up.

Can be on at like 4 everynight , then about 7-10 depending on the night. Most of the time on the weekends.

Alan_Carr
02-03-2008, 09:32 AM
I'll sign up :)
I'll be on most days after school till around 7:00, and weekends i'll be on.
Add my gamertag,

o0xGREGGYx0o

Rockstar
02-03-2008, 11:00 AM
I'll sign up :)
I'll be on most days after school till around 7:00, and weekends i'll be on.
Add my gamertag,

o0xGREGGYx0o

I would but your list is full if you want add me

ReApErS ThUnDeR

Lµke
02-03-2008, 07:41 PM
So far i've got these people who said they'd be interested;

Me
SmarterDad
Emirates
d4n
Kristoffur
Rockstar
Mangle
FOOTBALL

That's basically 2 teams and one match of 4v4. To make it viable i'd need around another 8 players, so we have four teams and then i'd be willing to run it on a trial basis to see how it gets on with regards to how many show up and then if it proves a success expand the league from there.

Remember guys if you want this to run inform other people to this thread to declare there interest. :)

Wootzeh
02-03-2008, 07:58 PM
I might aswell offer my skills ;) GT is in sig.

Disaronno
02-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Can you just explain the rules again please in this form

1. blah
2. blah

and if Wootzeh plays and im not on his or greggs team, ill cry like a girl :(

yido
02-03-2008, 10:16 PM
add me to xbl ukb dan

Coheed&Cambria
02-03-2008, 10:41 PM
ill join it then :)

Add: Mikehz94

GhostFace-
03-03-2008, 03:18 AM
This Thread May Help.
http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=459632

Alan_Carr
03-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Yeah kk

Wootzeh
03-03-2008, 03:23 PM
This Thread May Help.
http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=459632
Not really, this isn't about clans

Viruz
03-03-2008, 03:47 PM
count me in add me on live or w.e

Andeeh
03-03-2008, 05:34 PM
I wouldnt mind tbh

Lµke
03-03-2008, 05:38 PM
So far i've got these people who said they'd be interested;

Me
SmarterDad
Emirates
d4n
Kristoffur
Rockstar
Mangle
FOOTBALL
Wootzeh
Paramorex
Viruz
Andeeh

Thats the update to the list, 12 players so far, i need another 4 players and then id run it on a trial basis to see how it runs, if we get more interested id then consider increasing it to 5v5 or adding other teams.

What day and time would be best for everyone?

Gnome
03-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Im on next to everyday, and anytime im needed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!