PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Idea Of What's Happening [Storywise] in GTA IV

Fez
01-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Was gonna do this as the BWQ, but next thing you know I get reminded 'did nintendu lst weak, do soni pls' from Mr.Concience. Anyway I'm sure we've all got a basic idea of what's happening storywise in GTA IV, Rockstars well known for their plot twists and characters. Just gonna post a little thing from wiki.

Nikolai "Niko" Bellic is Eastern European, between 28 and 32 years of age and has come to Liberty City to pursue the "American Dream". Niko was persuaded to move to Liberty City by his cousin Roman, who claimed in multiple e-mails to Niko that he was living a fabulous life, with a mansion, two women, four hot tubs and fifteen sports cars; but he was in fact telling lies to hide his own failures, and in fact, has set up a small taxi business, for which he has plans of a job for Niko.
Roman is the only person Niko knows in Liberty City to begin with, and is one of his major connections in the first part of the game. Niko is a tough character, whereas Roman is friendly. Roman is heavily in debt and a lot of people are after him. He desperately needs Niko's support, hence the reason he deceived Niko into travelling to Liberty City. They are constantly bickering. It is later revealed that Niko has also been avoiding other, as yet undisclosed, problems at home.

Here's my take :

So Niko's just been discharged from the army, he's looking for more income, when his cousin get's in touch via the internet. Niko has just returned to his small family home and his family has no money at all whatsoever, so Roman tells Niko of his 'big mansion', '23 bedrooms' and '7 wives'. So Niko is thinking 'Stay here and help the family' or 'Go off and live an american dream'. He chooses number 2 and goes off on a boat or something.

So he arrives and finds out Roman is a fraud, he doesn't think much of it he just wanted to get to America. Next thing you know he finds Roman is in debt and owes some gangs some money, some he can pay, some overdue. Some of the gangs ask Roman to do some jobs in return for the money, Roman just wanted Niko to do this and Niko just goes out to do jobs.

Now it's been mensioned a lot that Niko's looking for someone, 'Looking for that special someone', he could be just for a mission but I think it's something bigger. Half-way through the game Niko and Roman get kidnapped by a gang and only Niko escapes, Niko get's in contact with a couple of other gang people (there were videos about certain characters and locations recently) to help him find Roman.

Don't know what would happen at the end, mabye Niko get's Roman back and goes for revenge or something.

Most of this is could be wrong and it's just my take on it, I'm sure we all have our basic idea.

P.S I'm thinking of doing the GTA IV Megathread or something.

Neil
02-03-2008, 12:00 AM
We don't really need an idea, it's already been explained

Niko goes to Liberty City because his brother "Roman" tricked him because he needs help as he's fallen in with some bad people, you'll then do all the work fighting all sorts of gangs that get in the way while you're trying to help him, you'll then have the obvious "side-main missions" which aren't hugely related to the main plot but extend the time it takes to get through the game so they're made compulsorary, you'll do tons of missions and then some random plot twist like Roman gets killed or kidnapped then you go save him or hunt down his killers as the last mission

That's what is gonna happen along with how my idea will work into it

Rockstar
02-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Or the short way he is a "Russian Immigrant" if im right in saying

Neil
02-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Or the short way he is a "Russian Immigrant" if im right in saying

Yes but the only reason he came to Liberty City is to live the American dream like Roman said he was doing but that was just a lie to get him in Liberty City to help him

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!