PDA

View Full Version : Encryption

kk.
02-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Obviously it wont be that name but you get the idea. If you read the image then you will understand it more. I dont know if it is possible but it would be cool. I got the idea of a film i watched and it seemed like a cool idea. Internet security is one of the most important things and if you can encrypt messages online without the need to download any files then why not. it keeps you and your information secure. The layout i have created is below.

I would like your ideas about the idea and if anyone would like to help with all the coding and things. /10 also if you like.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8928/designad8.png

Tomm
02-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Don't see the point of this?

<?PHP>
02-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Secure webmail, 5/10
Dont like the layout

kk.
02-03-2008, 01:47 PM
well firstly it doesnt need to be anything to do with what ive done it on lol

but anyway ill explain the concept. Say you didnt want your parents going through your email or friends you can send the email through this and they recieve it in their email encrypted. They log into the site and only they know the code to decrypt it. It would work for sensitive information as well.

i would also plan on having an IM for use in school and stuff, or the possibility to send messages in it.

EDIT: where can i improve it. tbh, it looks completely different on this computer to the one i made it on :). much lighter on here than what i made it on

Tomm
02-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Or you could just use the encryption features that are a hell of alot more advanced that this that are offered in most of the mainstream email clients? (e.g Outlook)

Lubricant
02-03-2008, 01:50 PM
You say it's so your parents can't read it but you wrote that you send it them =///////

kk.
02-03-2008, 01:51 PM
oh i didnt mean that :)
i meant so they cant read it when you send it to someone else (not your parents :)) yeh but not everyone wants to use outlook and download programs to do it. There would be no download necessary

Tomm
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
How do you plan to implement the encryption? What type of encryption are you going to use, asymmetric, symmetric e.g block cipher or what?

oh i didnt mean that :)
i meant so they cant read it when you send it to someone else (not your parents :)) yeh but not everyone wants to use outlook and download programs to do it. There would be no download necessary

kk.
02-03-2008, 02:13 PM
as i only know html i would be looking for someone/others to help. The type of encryption would be where you set a code and it encrypts based on the letters that were given. what would that be? if thats possible (im sure it is)

Agnostic Bear
02-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Use FiSH if you want that.

kk.
02-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Use FiSH if you want that.
download...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!