PDA

View Full Version : Getting on the pill..

Cyndia
03-03-2008, 12:25 AM
So a year and a half ago I almost got on the pill because my period was extremely messed up. I was getting it every week or every other week for a period of about 2 months, and it was becoming ridiculous. I told my mom about it and she took me to the doctors. A couple of my other friends have had issues as they're all pretty stressed out like myself (we're all ib diploma kids with a lot of extra currics and it tends to take a toll on your body), and so they got on the pill to control their periods. Anyway, so once I went to the doctor's they tested me to see if i was anemic, and I wasn't, so they didn't give me the pill. My period ended up going back to normal (or at least normal for me, which is about a month to two months between periods) so I didn't bother my mom again.

Now, my period is starting to misbehave again. It's nearly the end of the school year for me, and I've been super stressed because I'm a senior, and unfortunately IB senior's don't seem to get the same lax schedule as most other seniors. Anyway, so my period is starting to be odd (although this time it fluctuates, I had it every other week 3 times in a row, and then it went for almost 2 months between periods, and then a month and a week on the last one).

I have also been sexually active for the last couple months, and in December when I went for 2 months between periods, I was deathly afraid I'd gotten pregnant. Fortunately, I hadn't, but even though I practice safe sex, I'm still worried I might get pregnant which is also another reason why I want to get on the pill - plus I want to be able to control my periods, because it's a pain not knowing when I'll get it. The only problem is, the last time I asked my mom to find out about getting on the pill I didn't have a boyfriend (or at least she didn't know about the guy I was dating then). This time, I've been dating this guy for around 6 months, and she knows him well and likes him, but she'll definitely get suspicious if I ask her to get on the pill. She's indian, and indian parents are really really paranoid/touchy about relationships and being physical - I'm actually super lucky she approves of the guy I'm dating right now, she was on the verge of killing my ex when she found out I was dating him last year. She also absolutely flipped out on me one time when she saw me kiss my current boyfriend goodbye... So telling her I want the pill for sexual reasons is entirely out of the question.

Anyway, so basically, I need advice on how to talk her into getting the pill without her being too suspicious (I was going to probably start talking to her about how annoying my periods have been) and where I should go to get the pill - Someone told me I should see a gynecologist instead of a doctor?? Just because a gynecologist would probably be more likely to get me on the pill than if I went to my doctors (because I'm not anemic, and my mom is not likely to insist I get on the pill if my doctors say I don't need it). I've never been to a gynecologist before though, so I don't know much about that..

Or does anyone know of any other ways I could get ahold of the pill? Nothing sketchy though, thanks :)
+rep for any useful comments!

uh huh her
03-03-2008, 12:26 AM
*Removed*

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make inappropriate suggestions.

Cyndia
03-03-2008, 12:28 AM
haha, i actually wish i could sometimes..

Charlie
03-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Just tell her your periods are playing up again and you want to go on the pill to control them and then pop to your doctor/nurse and see what they say as well.

Asher
03-03-2008, 12:45 AM
lol rip out your vagina... aha

Metric.
03-03-2008, 01:59 AM
IB program is brutal!

Cyndia
03-03-2008, 03:44 AM
Just tell her your periods are playing up again and you want to go on the pill to control them and then pop to your doctor/nurse and see what they say as well.

I told my mom that today, and she said if its still acting up in the next couple weeks we'll go see the doctors, but I was wondering if the gynecologist would be better? Because the last time I went to the doctor's I didn't get on the pill because they tested my blood and I wasn't anemic..

IB program is brutal!
Haha yeah, it is.. I finished all my internal assessments though, so now I just have to get through exam month and I'm freeeee! :)

Orangeesh
03-03-2008, 12:18 PM
So a year and a half ago I almost got on the pill because my period was extremely messed up. I was getting it every week or every other week for a period of about 2 months, and it was becoming ridiculous. I told my mom about it and she took me to the doctors. A couple of my other friends have had issues as they're all pretty stressed out like myself (we're all ib diploma kids with a lot of extra currics and it tends to take a toll on your body), and so they got on the pill to control their periods. Anyway, so once I went to the doctor's they tested me to see if i was anemic, and I wasn't, so they didn't give me the pill. My period ended up going back to normal (or at least normal for me, which is about a month to two months between periods) so I didn't bother my mom again.

Now, my period is starting to misbehave again. It's nearly the end of the school year for me, and I've been super stressed because I'm a senior, and unfortunately IB senior's don't seem to get the same lax schedule as most other seniors. Anyway, so my period is starting to be odd (although this time it fluctuates, I had it every other week 3 times in a row, and then it went for almost 2 months between periods, and then a month and a week on the last one).

I have also been sexually active for the last couple months, and in December when I went for 2 months between periods, I was deathly afraid I'd gotten pregnant. Fortunately, I hadn't, but even though I practice safe sex, I'm still worried I might get pregnant which is also another reason why I want to get on the pill - plus I want to be able to control my periods, because it's a pain not knowing when I'll get it. The only problem is, the last time I asked my mom to find out about getting on the pill I didn't have a boyfriend (or at least she didn't know about the guy I was dating then). This time, I've been dating this guy for around 6 months, and she knows him well and likes him, but she'll definitely get suspicious if I ask her to get on the pill. She's indian, and indian parents are really really paranoid/touchy about relationships and being physical - I'm actually super lucky she approves of the guy I'm dating right now, she was on the verge of killing my ex when she found out I was dating him last year. She also absolutely flipped out on me one time when she saw me kiss my current boyfriend goodbye... So telling her I want the pill for sexual reasons is entirely out of the question.

Anyway, so basically, I need advice on how to talk her into getting the pill without her being too suspicious (I was going to probably start talking to her about how annoying my periods have been) and where I should go to get the pill - Someone told me I should see a gynecologist instead of a doctor?? Just because a gynecologist would probably be more likely to get me on the pill than if I went to my doctors (because I'm not anemic, and my mom is not likely to insist I get on the pill if my doctors say I don't need it). I've never been to a gynecologist before though, so I don't know much about that..

Or does anyone know of any other ways I could get ahold of the pill? Nothing sketchy though, thanks :)
+rep for any useful comments!

Ok lol
Being a female sounds like so much fun.....
Well I cant give any advice cos I dont have a clue about periods n w.e
Ermmm at least you can use your periods as an excuse when you want to shout at someone.

My teacher always used to do that. 'Omg I got really bad PMT'
Ye.. great, really wanted to know that..

Misawa
03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't think you need parents permission to go on the pill? Just see your doctor privately.

Metric.
04-03-2008, 01:34 AM
I told my mom that today, and she said if its still acting up in the next couple weeks we'll go see the doctors, but I was wondering if the gynecologist would be better? Because the last time I went to the doctor's I didn't get on the pill because they tested my blood and I wasn't anemic..

Haha yeah, it is.. I finished all my internal assessments though, so now I just have to get through exam month and I'm freeeee! :)

I took pre-IB the first year, and then I dropped it.

Yidiyot
05-03-2008, 06:38 PM
IB can be extremely stressful (i'm a first year IB Student) and that could be causing your irregular periods. I'd suggest that if by the time you finish IB and youre still experiencing extremely odd period times then go for the pill, or get yourself checked over by a doctor before deciding to go on the pill :).

I wish you luck with IB and sorry if my ramblings don't make much sense, haha!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!