PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty update. (Patch)

Andeeh
03-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Dno if it has been posted (so sorry if it has)

New Kill Cams - Everything that can kill you has a Kill Cam now. Grenades, Airstrikes, Claymores, C4, M203 Rounds, RPGs, anything. So jump online, get owned alittle and check them out. They’re awesome, especially Grenades and M203 shots that go across the map and through a window.
Host Migration - Host migration was added, so now when the host leaves you won’t get dropped back to your own lobby by yourself. Everyone will stay together. Host Leaves, everyone returns to lobby, selects next best host, and the game starts up again. No more re-inviting, re-partying up because a host ended the game.
Improved Sniper Accuracy - The Sniper rifle accuracy has been improved. No more, ***? shots now. Your cross hair will be a better representation of where your shot will ultimately land. Try out a sniper class today, let us know how the new accuracy feels.
Improved ACOG Scope Accuracy - ACOG scopes accuracy on any weapon has been improved. Test it out, throw it on one of your classes and give it a go.
Upgraded Spectator Cam - Now when you’re a spectator you have the option to follow in 3rd person or 1st person. As well as rotate 360 degrees around the player you’re watching. Next time you’re dead in Search and Destroy and just watching your team mates do stuff you know you can do better, now do it in 1st person or rotate around them.
Quick Mute Option - Now you can easily and quickly mute players in-game or in-lobby without ever going through the Xbox Live blades. Just go to their gamertag on screen and hit ‘A’ to quick mute in lobby, or via the in-game scoreboard if playing. Quick. Easy. Salvation!

in addition
Improved Network Performance For Larger Games - 18 player games now require more bandwidth to host, resulting in smoother performance for players.
Optimized Server Selection for First Match - Server selection is now optimized to select best bandwidth servers associated by LSP.
Fixed “Playlist Older Than Host” Error - Player will no longer get this error when entering games.
Additional Start Spawn Locations in All Maps - Added a minimum of 9 extra start spawns on each side of all maps.

I heard a rumour that new maps would be released tomorrow + taken away juggernaut and m16 THIS IS JUST RUMOUR from COD4 players

i dno tbh ;)

Lµke
03-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Yer is that all the update included? When i updated i thought it was going to be new maps.

Andeeh
03-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Doesnt appear to be.

Neil
03-03-2008, 05:45 PM
The host migration thing didn't even solve the damn problem it keeps the same party and everything but it still ends the game you're already playing -.-

Andeeh
03-03-2008, 05:46 PM
The host migration thing didn't even solve the damn problem it keeps the same party and everything but it still ends the game you're already playing -.-

It dont end game?

i thought it searches for new host.

Wootzeh
03-03-2008, 05:47 PM
It ends the game and starts a new one on a different map =/
And I can actually sniper now :D

Neil
03-03-2008, 05:49 PM
It ends the game and starts a new one on a different map =/
And I can actually sniper now :D

Yea it's stupid, I don't see how that's solving it, I thought the problem people had was that it ended the game, I didn't care about the group of people I was with all that annoyed me was people leaving and then the game quits meaning I lose all the XP I could of had

mangle
03-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Its better than it was before but still not incredible.

Moh
03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
I thought it was me who couldnt snipe when Im shooting them about 5 times before i actualy hit them :p

mangle
03-03-2008, 05:57 PM
i've seen people shoot to the left and still pop someone

Moh
03-03-2008, 05:58 PM
i've seen people shoot to the left and still pop someone
Yea, and your just sat there thinking How the hell :p

Ashley 12344
03-03-2008, 06:10 PM
I wish they'd sort the thing where someone can fire half a dozen shots at you before you actually notice.

Criminal
03-03-2008, 06:15 PM
I always skip kill cams anyway, but this patch is basically pointless.

They should of added that thing so we can make our own maps :(

mangle
03-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Yea, and your just sat there thinking How the hell :p
my favourite thing to do is snipe through a wall. this guy looked round , took one shot at me and then saw me lining him up in my sights. He hid round the corner , 3 shots at a wall later he was dead!

Andeeh
03-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Anyone know info if new maps etc is coming ?

i heard again a famas could be appearing.

but snipering is to easy i was running he fired 5 metres infront and im dead?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!