PDA

View Full Version : [FLASH] Is it possible..

Swinkid
04-03-2008, 06:31 PM
To make a SWF Flash player that will play pls files to play internet radio stations? i want to do this so i can play it on my wii etc... I know basic action script so its not too hard for me to read and understand tuts

Edited by Spectate (Forum Super Moderator): Thread closed due to continuous arguing.

MrCraig
04-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah its possible, but i think it goes squeaky if its too high a bitrate.

Simon made one ages ago,

:Edzy
04-03-2008, 09:50 PM
i want this too :)

if u find one, pm me :)

--ss--
04-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Couldn't find a tut on it but I did find an actual pre made player which is similar to what you want,
http://play.ground.gr/index.php?p=19
The source is available to download somewhere on the page ;).

MrPinkPanther
04-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah its possible, but i think it goes squeaky if its too high a bitrate.

Simon made one ages ago,
Simon said he made one but when I asked him he didnt even know what version of actionscript it was in yet he said he never followed a tutorial and just made it up himself. I then got a friend of mine to decompile the source and all he had done was change the URLs in the coding to habbo sites and overlayed an image ''/. Which is one of the many reasons simon hates me now because I discovered him out, *Removed* Anyway I'm off again, bye.

Edited by Spectate (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be rude.

Invent
04-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Simon said he made one but when I asked him he didnt even know what version of actionscript it was in yet he said he never followed a tutorial and just made it up himself. I then got a friend of mine to decompile the source and all he had done was change the URLs in the coding to habbo sites and overlayed an image ''/. Which is one of the many reasons simon hates me now because I discovered him out, I kept it quiet but after he has been a total and utter dickweed I dont think I will. Anyway I'm off again, bye.LOL, what?

The code for a radio player is like 5 lines?! I got the original function from a website and then adapted it and used it in my own script. So, before you go making pathetic accusations, learn the facts first.

Taken from my code:

s = new Sound();
s.loadSound("http://75.126.136.146:9000", true);
streamURL = "ClubHabbo.net";
yeah, that's REALLY hard to code isn't it.

I created the flash file, I added the design myself and then added hotspots which ran actionscript, so please, be quiet if you're going to be a fool.

MrPinkPanther
04-03-2008, 10:53 PM
LOL, what?

The code for a radio player is like 5 lines?! I got the original function from a website and then adapted it and used it in my own script. So, before you go making pathetic accusations, learn the facts first.

Taken from my code:

yeah, that's REALLY hard to code isn't it.

I created the flash file, I added the design myself and then added hotspots which ran actionscript, so please, be quiet if you're going to be a fool.
yeah, that's REALLY hard to code isn't it.[/quote]
Yet you didnt know what version of actionscript it was coded in? Why when I decompiled it were there images that werent yours in the library?

Invent
04-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Yet you didnt know what version of actionscript it was coded in? Why when I decompiled it were there images that werent yours in the library?

I've just decompiled it, there is the radio player background and the exit button. Anyone else feel free to decompile it :rolleyes:

MrPinkPanther
04-03-2008, 10:56 PM
I've just decompiled it, there is the radio player background and the exit button. Anyone else feel free to decompile it :rolleyes:
Maybe you have re-uploaded it? I still have the old file stored in my temp files downstairs.

Please do tell me how you didn't know what version of actionscript it was in? Because Actionscript 1 and 2 are completely seperate languages with different functions.

I'm off now, going to listen to my iPod.

Invent
04-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Maybe you have re-uploaded it? I still have the old file stored in my temp files downstairs.

Please do tell me how you didn't know what version of actionscript it was in? Because Actionscript 1 and 2 are completely seperate languages with different functions.

Do you not listen? On a website someone asked how to stream an external file in flash and someone told them to use the loadsound fuction. Using this advice I then made a utility that streams a shoucast stream instead of a file. (using a shoutcast trick). I don't really know flash, so obviously I'm not going to know what version of AS the function is :rolleyes:

Jme
04-03-2008, 11:50 PM

Actionscript 1 + 2 are quite similar actually. It's Actionscript 3 that's different as it's an Object Oriented language where as 1 + 2 are not.

MrPinkPanther
05-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Actionscript 1 + 2 are quite similar actually. It's Actionscript 3 that's different as it's an Object Oriented language where as 1 + 2 are not.
AS 1 and 2 are similar but are still completely seperate languages.

Invent its so obvious you never made as you dont even know what language its coded in and when I pmed you about it back then you said it just came out of your head. Also I noticed when you said you re-dled it you lied because I just checked the thread and the URL is http://www.swfup.com/uploads/swf-41038.swf

Invent
05-03-2008, 04:58 PM
*Removed*

Also, when did I say I re-downloaded it? :rolleyes: I used the SWF in my homes project so it's located in /home/widgets/swf/radio_player2.swf on my pc..

Edited by Spectate (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be rude.

MrPinkPanther
07-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Post the .Fla

Invent
07-03-2008, 05:08 PM
No, for the simple reason I'm too busy to prove things to you.

Anyone that want's to decompile it as I've said can go right ahead, but I'm too busy to try and prove something like this to you.

Ivake
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
You can't resist us can you?

Simon has nothing to proove as, he showed me WIPs with it sorry.

George has officialy FAILED

Yes, it was sized, boldended, italisized & underlined.

MrPinkPanther
07-03-2008, 05:15 PM
No, for the simple reason I'm too busy to prove things to you.

Anyone that want's to decompile it as I've said can go right ahead, but I'm too busy to try and prove something like this to you.
Yeh apart from the Swf no longer exists as I said earlier (Its been removed) :rolleyes:.

You can't resist us can you?

Simon has nothing to proove as, he showed me WIPs with it sorry.

George has officialy FAILED

Yes, it was sized, boldended, italisized & underlined.
I really dont see how, he has provided absolutely no evidence, he has answered none of my questions and its obvious he is clueless about what he was doing as he doesn't even know the most basic thing in flash, what AS version it is.

Infact you fail, you have just over 200 posts and are already cautioned, you produce bad designs that you clearly think are good (You are setting up a webdesign agency) and yet you march in here acting like you own this forum.

Invent
07-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeh apart from the Swf no longer exists as I said earlier (Its been removed) .You are starting to piss me off now.

http://invent.no-ip.org/home/widgets/swf/radio_player.swf

not hard to find...

Ivake
07-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeh apart from the Swf no longer exists as I said earlier (Its been removed) :rolleyes:.

I really dont see how, he has provided absolutely no evidence, he has answered none of my questions and its obvious he is clueless about what he was doing as he doesn't even know the most basic thing in flash, what AS version it is.

Infact you fail, you have just over 200 posts and are already cautioned, you produce bad designs that you clearly think are good (You are setting up a webdesign agency) and yet you march in here acting like you own this forum.

And, you do? You said AS 1 & 2 are completely opposite in syntax on MSN,
they aren't. You said you made ItsMyLand you simply edited a pre-made engine. Please go bum your boyfriends on MMOCCF.

MrPinkPanther
07-03-2008, 05:26 PM
And, you do? You said AS 1 & 2 are completely opposite in syntax on MSN,
they aren't. You said you made ItsMyLand you simply edited a pre-made engine. Please go bum your boyfriends on MMOCCF.
Who are you? Do I even have your MSN? I wouldnt have said they are completely opposite but they are very different especially when using server connections. How do YOU know its a premade engine? What engine do you think it is and why?

Ill ignore the last comment but it just proves your maturity

Ivake
07-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Who are you? Do I even have your MSN? I wouldnt have said they are completely opposite but they are very different especially when using server connections. How do YOU know its a premade engine? What engine do you think it is and why?

Ill ignore the last comment but it just proves your maturity

e-Attitude prooves NOTHING at all of my maturity, constant persistant spam about something does.

MrPinkPanther
07-03-2008, 05:35 PM
e-Attitude prooves NOTHING at all of my maturity.
Of course it does and you still havent told me who you are ''/

EDIT: Hang on your Josh, the only thing regarding flash I have talked to you about is whether you should learn AS 2 or AS 3 so dont even lie.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!