PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United vs Portsmouth

Muniflex
08-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Somebody had to make the thread...:rolleyes: lol

Well 0-0 at half time. First 10 minutes we were all over them and should have had a penalty. Portsmouth intention was obvious and that was not to concede an early goal and they did this by making sure Ronaldo didn't get a run. Fair enough, but when they resort to fouling it just gets stupid.

Anyway, Portsmouth got a good bit of possesion towards the end but they were failing to do anything with it. They have been defending well but one in the final third they don't seem to know what to do with it.

Vidic very close right at the end of the first half.

All in all a good game, and i am sure we will see a couple of goals in the second half.

Titch
08-03-2008, 01:45 PM
should of been penalty,

Geraint
08-03-2008, 02:28 PM
0-1.

Muntari.

Penalty. Kusczak got sent off and Van Der Sar went off injured so Rio Ferdinand is in goal.

Titch
08-03-2008, 02:30 PM
THIS REF IS A JOKE`! :@:@:@:@

Scouse
08-03-2008, 02:34 PM
0 - 1 hahahaha

Immenseman
08-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Four minutes of added time, united have absolutely out played pompey but you don't always get what you deserve. United should have defintely of had a penalty but they only have themselves to blame because they've had so many chances they should have scored but didn't.

Andeeh
08-03-2008, 02:41 PM
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP ;)

Unlucky United.Road.

Immenseman
08-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Final whistle, united out.

Bojangles
08-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Argh stupid kusczack :(

Muniflex
08-03-2008, 02:47 PM
That didn't go according to plan!

Wrongfull dismissal from the referee, there were atleast 2 players behind the ball. Not even sure if it was a penalty. Kusczek had his arms tucked in and Baros clearly leapt over the top off him:@

But you have to give it to pompey, they defended brilliantly but definetly got lucky numerous times.

We are still on course for the Champions League and/or Premiership:)

:eusa_danc:eusa_clapFergies Red Red Army:eusa_clap:eusa_danc

Xeck
08-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Obviously not a deserved win, but obviously I don't care xD. Not so sure about the sending off, wasn't last man but it did stop a goal-scoring opportunity. Good stuff! No chance of a United-Chelsea final now, so I will be able to choose who I want to win. :] Would love it if Chelsea got there and lost again. Portsmouth for the FA Cup!

Muniflex
08-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Speaking of penalty due to gaol scoring oppurtunity. What the hell was the ref thinking when he didn't give Ronaldo the penalty in the first half?

It was clear as day and he had a perfect view of it!

Would have changed everything!:@

Immenseman
08-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Speaking of penalty due to gaol scoring oppurtunity. What the hell was the ref thinking when he didn't give Ronaldo the penalty in the first half?

Would have changed everything!:@

Yeah that was a very clear penalty but at the end of the day united had more than enough chance to wrap the game up.

Muniflex
08-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah that was a very clear penalty but at the end of the day united had more than enough chance to wrap the game up.

Mmm we just needed that tiny bit of luck but not to be.
Ah well, it's happened now, no need to get in a huff:P [:@]

United.Road
08-03-2008, 02:56 PM
That didn't go according to plan!

Wrongfull dismissal from the referee, there were atleast 2 players behind the ball. Not even sure if it was a penalty. Kusczek had his arms tucked in and Baros clearly leapt over the top off him:@

But you have to give it to pompey, they defended brilliantly but definetly got lucky numerous times.

We are still on course for the Champions League and/or Premiership:)

:eusa_danc:eusa_clapFergies Red Red Army:eusa_clap:eusa_danc

1) not a wrong dismissal. it was a clear sending off because baros was around the keeper and he could have easily scored.
2) learn how to spell kuszack

i dont see how you can blame the ref for this? united were rubbish in front of goal today and should have scored 2/3 goals.

Muniflex
08-03-2008, 02:58 PM
1) not a wrong dismissal. it was a clear sending off because baros was around the keeper and he could have easily scored.

i dont see how you can blame the ref for this? united were rubbish in front of goal today and should have scored 2/3 goals.

1) It was a wrongfull dismissal as he wasn't the last man
2) i knew i spelt it wrong but is it really that important?

And i don't blame the ref. Im just saying we should have had a penalty!
I know we should have scored and like i said we just needed that touch of luck, but we didn't have it.

United.Road
08-03-2008, 02:59 PM
kuszack denied a goal scoring opportunity which is a sending off

Minstrels
08-03-2008, 03:00 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG WTH!!!!

United.Road is talking sense and Muniflex isn't?!?!?!?!??!?!?

****! I CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!!

Oh yeah, and I wanted United to win this 'cos now Pompey will be like 'WERE BIGA DAN CITEH!' so yeah, unlucky United. ;l

Mortalized
08-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Bring on the league I say

Simmzay
08-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Didn't manage to see it, but my friend told me Pompey would win today. Strange things do occur.

Jordie
08-03-2008, 03:53 PM
well done pompey

now barnsley hopefully beat chelsea lol.

then we have a proper final:D

Sharpsterz
08-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Haha Go Pompey

Browney
08-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Couldnt believe it when I heard. Oh well, I'll watch it later and see just what happened.

Immenseman
08-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I hope barnsley knock chelsea out.

Disaronno
08-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Speaking of penalty due to gaol scoring opportunity. What the hell was the ref thinking when he didn't give Ronaldo the penalty in the first half?

Would have changed everything!:@ Disagree with you

I actually, totally agree with you. You didn’t perform to your standard nor was the red a wrong decision. However, i dont think the foul was given in the beginning because a lot of refs wont give one in the first half and it was a bit of a 50-50 imo. Im training as a ref and i wouldn’t give it

1) It was a wrongful dismissal as he wasn't the last man
2) i knew i spelt it wrong but is it really that important?

And i don't blame the ref. Im just saying we should have had a penalty!
I know we should have scored and like i said we just needed that touch of luck, but we didn't have it.

He wasn’t the last man but he denied a scoring opportunity as already said above.

Browney
08-03-2008, 10:12 PM
He wasn’t the last man but he denied a scoring opportunity as already said above.

He had 2 people in the way of goal! He had 1 on the line and 1 closing him down. He could've never scored. I doubt that they could've squeezed a goal in.

Nereo
08-03-2008, 10:15 PM
It wan;t a sending off.

Pompey for the Cup now chelsea are out

Muniflex
10-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Fine. You say it isn't a sending off but i didn't think Kusceck (or however) didn't really touch him. Fair enough he came out and there was contacvt but his arms weren't wrapped around his ankle and Baors clearly left his foot lagging playing for the penalty.

I can see how refs would give it as a penalty and we see it all the time in football but it shouldn't be a penalty in my opinion.

And it shouldn't matter if the penalty appeal was in the 1st or 90th minute, a foul is a foul and should have been given.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!