PDA

View Full Version : urtut - Splash Page!

Bojangles
10-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey hey so I've been designing for my new site - urtut and I've come up with a splash page :) Please note the sunrise effect will infact be BEHIND the cloud in the proper version! And I know the green I used for the drop shadow is too dark, this will be changed :) C&C if you will!

http://i28.tinypic.com/1687ebs.png

myke
10-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Very colourful and welcoming :)

Bojangles
10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the comment :) I wanted to use light colors as it gives off a nice effect :)

Hypertext
10-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Looks great and bubbly, very nice. How do you do the sunray effect, mine was very bogstandard pen tool...

Bojangles
10-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the comment :) The sunray tool is a brush :)

kk.
10-03-2008, 04:32 PM
very nice :)
colourful and aimed at the right audience ;)

Bojangles
10-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks joshy ;D

Meti
10-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Nice work Lucas! I love it ;)

Bojangles
10-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks alot :D

Lilian
10-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Really nice splash page, certainly different and bright and attractive aswell. Well done ;)

Bojangles
10-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Really nice splash page, certainly different and bright and attractive aswell. Well done ;)
Thanks alot Lily! :)

Pazza
10-03-2008, 07:52 PM
I like !
Just the urtut in middle doesn't stand out. Thats is all , 9/10 =)

Bojangles
10-03-2008, 07:56 PM
FINALLY someone spots my mistake :D Editing it on the new version :)

Pazza
10-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Was that me by any chance =)

Also, if it's a splash page, maybe use script so everytime you go on site, the splash page is different , keeps it fresh =)

Bojangles
10-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah I'm going to make the cloud hover about and the sunray go round and round giving off a sun effect, also designing a sun to sit in the top left and shine down so it changes the color of the sunray :) Flash splash page ;D

Pazza
10-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Oooh, flash splash xD

Can't wait to see for how it is xD

RANDOM IDEA: Make it into a game type thing. And when you finish the game, you get info of opening date :D

^^^
No - that's a load of rubbish

Good luck, and +rep xD

Bojangles
10-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Oooh, flash splash xD

Can't wait to see for how it is xD

RANDOM IDEA: Make it into a game type thing. And when you finish the game, you get info of opening date :D

^^^
No - that's a load of rubbish

Good luck, and +rep xD
Haha should look okay by the time it's all done :) I'll post it when its done.
I need to learn how to make games before anything :( lol. As for the opening date we're not sure yet, could be a month, 2 months, maybe even 3. It's a HUGE project that we think will get alot of people involved and maybe even some big companies :)
Thanks for the +REP :)

L?KE
10-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Well I like it :D Think it looks mighty tasty.
And your flash idea sounds good (y)

Bojangles
10-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Haha thanks alot :)

Klydo
10-03-2008, 11:26 PM
It's not attractive in anyway, here's why;

1) You're using a light blue with a dull green, never mix.
2) The shape of which I think you're trying to make look like a cloud just looks badly made.
3) The font you're using is years old and isn't worth putting on logos anymore, especially if you're gonna slant it. Type it in capitals if you want the letters to be straight, they will stay the same case.
4) Buy urtut.com before someone else does, never advertise names of websites on a public place. Anyone could buy it and make you pay more for it.

Hope that helps :)

kk.
10-03-2008, 11:44 PM
well firstly klydo, urtut may not even be the name of the project and secondly, if you know that text then you know that capitals also slant. Things also drift in and out.

He's made a great job on this and as he said, its not totally done yet

Navicat
11-03-2008, 12:13 AM
It looks alright, not fond of the font being so.. tiny, with a huge cloud.

Very out of porportion on that matter.

I dislike the sunray.. for some reason.. *doo do doo*, next making it flash? Then you will probably make it spin.. eh?

Klydo
11-03-2008, 12:17 AM
if you know that text then you know that capitals also slant
The capitals in that text are not italic, they are regular. Saves the creator of the font making two font types. If you want it not to be italic you type in all capitals. I know that since I was the person who Luke would of originally of found the font from since he seen all my designs when I used that font.

Bojangles
11-03-2008, 11:16 AM

I dislike the sunray.. for some reason.. *doo do doo*, next making it flash? Then you will probably make it spin.. eh?
You can't copyright the sunray spinning as it was made way before you both attempted it. And no I didn't get that idea from you as I've seen it done elsewhere.

The capitals in that text are not italic, they are regular. Saves the creator of the font making two font types. If you want it not to be italic you type in all capitals. I know that since I was the person who Luke would of originally of found the font from since he seen all my designs when I used that font. Actually greg, I didn't look for bubbleboy, I was searching around dafont for nice fonts to add to my font folder and I came across bubbleboy and it looked nice so I used it, problem?

Insedated
11-03-2008, 11:22 AM

May, I just say the spinning flash sunray is a tutorial, I'll try and find a link.

Klydo, you cannot copyright fonts, or usage of them. Think how much people would earn from using Verdana. Jackass.

Bojangles
11-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Greg before you say anything about my design I think you should check yours :) www.thehabbo.com, my design clearlly pwns that.

Insedated
11-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Greg thinks he learnt CSS, by looking at one source of a website lol.

Klydo
11-03-2008, 12:05 PM
I didn't say he stole the font for god sake. All I said is I know how the font works as Luke will know I've used it on my sites before... Get a grip :l

Bojangles
11-03-2008, 12:07 PM
I didn't say he stole the font for god sake. All I said is I know how the font works as Luke will know I've used it on my sites before... Get a grip :l
Well yeah on suelabs.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!