PDA

View Full Version : Being Homophobic

Dan2nd
10-03-2008, 05:29 PM
I was just wondering your opinions on this subject.

I'm a christian and being gay is against my beleifs does this automatically make me homophobic? i don't think it does because I have never physically attacked or yelled threatening or nasty insults to towards anyone who is or appears to be gay and personally think everyone should live their lifes as they please and God will judge them when there time has come so yeah would you say I'm homophobic because of my religous beleifs?

I'm asking this because I'm just kind of fed up of being labeled as something so 'evil' and 'bad' by homosexuals who have asked me if I agree with their life style in the past and have found I've been insulted more by the homosexual community than I have ever insulted them so meh =]

Moved by REDNECK (Forum Super Moderator) from World News, Religion, Politics & Philosophy: Please post in the correct section next time. :)

FlyingJesus
10-03-2008, 05:32 PM
No and I respect the fact that you put your beliefs before society's accepted views, most Christians don't seem to have the balls to do so. Not having a go at Christians, just the way it's practised by a lot of them.

Hecktix1
10-03-2008, 05:32 PM
That doesn't make you homophobic.

Homophobic is being scared of gays :)

-:Undertaker:-
10-03-2008, 05:34 PM
No.

I am not homophobic myself, but I am homophobic against the camp gays because they really get on my nerves.

GommeInc
10-03-2008, 05:36 PM
What do they think about your Christianity? If you don't agree with it, you're not really homophobic unless you run around telling everyone how you hate gays and how they're going to burn in hell etc and if you are literally scared by them. As far as I am aware, the bible doesn't say homosexuals are evil?

Slowpoke
10-03-2008, 05:39 PM
No.

I am not homophobic myself, but I am homophobic against the camp gays because they really get on my nerves.

me too.

@threadstarter: no, i don't think you're homophobic, you just have strong views :P.

FlyingJesus
10-03-2008, 05:43 PM
What do they think about your Christianity? If you don't agree with it, you're not really homophobic unless you run around telling everyone how you hate gays and how they're going to burn in hell etc and if you are literally scared by them. As far as I am aware, the bible doesn't say homosexuals are evil?

It clearly opposes sodomy (bum sex) and also there's a passage that says something along the lines of "no man should lie with man as he lieth with woman"

Also this was in the right section as it's to do with religion.

GommeInc
10-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Not all homosexuals have bum sex? That's a generalisation and a stereotype view :P The bible should know better.

lew!
10-03-2008, 05:45 PM
No, Your not homaphobic. Just because its against what you do it doesnt mean you have to hate people for it ;)

Its like saying i cant play a guitar, therefore all guitars are crap, most people see things like this but im glad you brought this up, your just open minded and prepared to listen to other people

Ashley 12344
10-03-2008, 05:47 PM
It clearly opposes sodomy (bum sex) and also there's a passage that says something along the lines of "no man should lie with man as he lieth with woman"

Also this was in the right section as it's to do with religion.

Yeah it is :S

And I gotta agree about the camp gays lol.

Virgin Mary
10-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Throw holy water at them

lew!
10-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah it is :S

And I gotta agree about the camp gays lol.

No.

Some people cant help it, I talk camp and sometimes act camp, I try not to as im not out yet and people are just like are u gay are u gay all the time, I wish i could be straight acting but i think thats unfair. some people are like that and cant stop being like it.

Slowpoke
10-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Some people cant help it, I talk camp and sometimes act camp, I try not to as im not out yet and people are just like are u gay are u gay all the time, I wish i could be straight acting but i think thats unfair. some people are like that and cant stop being like it.

but some people get annoyed by it and can't help getting annoyed by it.

lew!
10-03-2008, 06:08 PM
but some people get annoyed by it and can't help getting annoyed by it.
I know, but i just think its unfair that people are aloud to say they are annoying because its still homaphobic, just about the way they talk.

-:Undertaker:-
10-03-2008, 06:12 PM

Well that's what annoys me. Other things that annoy me are things like gay pride parades - yes your all gay, get over it. I personally don't think marching down the road covered in spandex and lycra is the best way to make everyone accept gay people.

benjamin
10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
no it doesn't make you homophobic, but @whoever brought it up - the camp gays annoy the **** out of me aswell. ;__;

Slowpoke
10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
ben you're a homophobic gay :P.

lew!
10-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Well that's what annoys me. Other things that annoy me are things like gay pride parades - yes your all gay, get over it. I personally don't think marching down the road covered in spandex and lycra is the best way to make everyone accept gay people.

That actually annoys me too, no need to make a scene.
Sure, we should be proud, but not THAT proud, i know straight people dont get it but straight people dont get abuse etc.

Only reason i go to pride is to get guys numbers etc loool

Tqm!
10-03-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't have anything agaisint gays, I Think there fine, i mean what does someones sexualty matter?

Mitch4?
10-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Well the bible also promotes incest, so i don't really take much notice of it.
I'm bisexual, and just because some book says i can't be with who i love, i ain't going to stop, cause god should understand because he 'made me'.

Sammeth.
10-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I was just wondering your opinions on this subject.

I'm a christian and being gay is against my beleifs does this automatically make me homophobic? i don't think it does because I have never physically attacked or yelled threatening or nasty insults to towards anyone who is or appears to be gay and personally think everyone should live their lifes as they please and God will judge them when there time has come so yeah would you say I'm homophobic because of my religous beleifs?

I'm asking this because I'm just kind of fed up of being labeled as something so 'evil' and 'bad' by homosexuals who have asked me if I agree with their life style in the past and have found I've been insulted more by the homosexual community than I have ever insulted them so meh =]

Moved by REDNECK (Forum Super Moderator) from World News, Religion, Politics & Philosophy: Please post in the correct section next time. :)

To be honest, I'm gay and I understand not everyone is going to accept it for whatever reason. I mean, if it's your religion and its against your beliefs then so be it. Who am I, or any other gay person, to tell you what to believe in.

GommeInc
10-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Well the bible also promotes incest, so i don't really take much notice of it.
I'm bisexual, and just because some book says i can't be with who i love, i ain't going to stop, cause god should understand because he 'made me'.
Apparently the bible doesn't look down upon gays. Looking over a fe interesting articles on the web, people who are different to Christians e.g. strangers, gays are welcomed more than whatever the criteria for normal is. But I do agree, the bible does promote incest when they strongly suggest the Adam and Eve story is correct :P

Niall!
10-03-2008, 07:27 PM
They are hetrophobic so wotevs.

And no it doesn't.

Mitch4?
10-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Genesis 19:30 "And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters."Genesis 19:31 "And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:"Genesis 19:32 "Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father."Genesis 19:33 "And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose."Genesis 19:34 "And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father."Genesis 19:35 "And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose."Genesis 19:36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.Genesis 19:37 "And the first born bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day."

Sammeth.
10-03-2008, 07:45 PM
For more information on the bible hating gays; http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/gay/long.htm

Kinda gives it a clear annotation. Don't worry, even though God hates me he is still my favourite fictional character.

Virgin Mary
10-03-2008, 07:53 PM
ooooooooo protestants vs gays fight fight fight

FlyingJesus
10-03-2008, 11:26 PM
I love how people bash on Christianity and religion as a whole and it's fine yet if someone says they don't like homosexuality they'd be looked down on.

Teyauna.
10-03-2008, 11:40 PM
I don't think it does. I'm Christian too and I have the same beliefs. I don't treat them differently, etc. I just don't approve of who they are and what they do.

Thetan
11-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Political correctness means bashing christianity?

Sammeth.
11-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Political correctness means bashing christianity?
Surely political correctness is accepting everyone has their own religion, and the shouldn't be bashed for their beliefs? Everyones different innit.

Thetan
11-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Thats what it should be. But its not, as they don't get that equality does not mean white=racist, christianity=stupid.

Metric.
11-03-2008, 03:27 AM
I dont mind gays. I dont like gays that are really like.. gay. You know like fem and all in your face and annoying!

cunning
11-03-2008, 05:23 AM
I feel you Metric, I would have to agree with you. I would say those types of gays annoys me.

Virgin Mary
11-03-2008, 10:03 AM
To answer the thread starter simply: the Bible condemns homosexual acts, not homosexual love. If that makes Christians homophobic then it makes a good percentage of humans racist for disapproving of a crime done by someone of another race, sexist for disapproving of a crime done by the opposite gender... etc. with that point.

le harry
11-03-2008, 11:24 AM
What's the general religion of the UK? Isn't it Anglican or something?

Insedated
11-03-2008, 11:27 AM
I agree with the bible.
In my own Medieval words, I quote

Thou who perform unrighteous acts
be burned to the fiery pits of hell itself
sodomy is the devil itself
and all those who perform sodomy,
shall be burnt and then their ashes buried!

GommeInc
11-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I love how people bash on Christianity and religion as a whole and it's fine yet if someone says they don't like homosexuality they'd be looked down on.
I think it's because of social reasons. Religion is anti-social in terms of other religions and different people, even though the bible states that strangers and people different to whatever the normal Christian maybe, are more accepted than a Christian. While homosexuals exist and are among us, while there is no perceivable proof of God.

So in conclusion, people will protect something they can see and touch, but bash something people use as a source for knowledge which probably doesn't exist in their eyes.

Also, in this 'hip' and 'contemporary' version of the bible, you can pull and stretch the words a little. "Do not have sex with a man as you would a woman" e.g. trying to stick your penis into another man's penis, because you cannot do it. Rather than say any sex that isn't with a woman is bad. You could even pull and stretch the words further. It says don't have sex with a brother, sister or any other relation, yet the bible states that we are all brothers and sisters, which is where the idea that the bible promotes incest and at the same time contradicts itself into saying we can't.

Virgin Mary
11-03-2008, 01:50 PM
In the context of the Bible sodomy is immorality in general.

Asher
11-03-2008, 03:52 PM
leviticus is **** anyway!

Sammeth.
11-03-2008, 04:44 PM
I dont mind gays. I dont like gays that are really like.. gay. You know like fem and all in your face and annoying!

I feel you Metric, I would have to agree with you. I would say those types of gays annoys me.

He said he didn't mind gays, but calm down yeah!

Insedated
12-03-2008, 01:51 PM
He said he didn't mind gays, but calm down yeah!

Yes, read Cunnings full post.

He feels what Metric IS saying, about those TYPES of gays.
Imbecile.

Edited by Favourtism (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Sammeth.
12-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Yes, read Cunnings full post.

He feels what Metric IS saying, about those TYPES of gays.
Imbecile.
Called a joke mate, hence why I only highlighted part of the post to make that joke.
Were you born idiotic, or do you just get moist over taking everything so seriously?

Edited by Favourtism (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

FlyingJesus
12-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I feel you Metric

lol gay

Sammeth.
12-03-2008, 07:04 PM
lol gay
Imbecile!!111

Insedated
12-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Imbecile!!111

He isn't an imbecile, while you burn in hell, he will be loved in Heaven.
Go grab your purse.

Sammeth.
12-03-2008, 08:06 PM
He isn't an imbecile, while you burn in hell, he will be loved in Heaven.
Go grab your purse.
If only your penis was as big as your ego.

Insedated
12-03-2008, 08:12 PM
If only your penis was as big as your ego.

Don't move backwards from it then.

Asher
13-03-2008, 04:12 PM
ahahahahahaha dies

Shrlurp
13-03-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm loling at this.

I don't have a problem with gays. However, I know what you mean about the camp gays.

Don't let religion get in the way of who YOU feel or the other way round for that matter.

Jellybeans
13-03-2008, 04:50 PM
homophobic is being scared of gay people
just like
claustraphobia is scared of small spaces

not liking them can be counted at homophobic in some aspects, but generally you just dont like gay people. you're not actually scared of them

Jellybeans
13-03-2008, 04:50 PM
homophobic is being scared of gay people
just like
claustraphobia is scared of small spaces

not liking them can be counted at homophobic in some aspects, but generally you just dont like gay people. you're not actually scared of them

FlyingJesus
13-03-2008, 05:10 PM
A phobia can also be classed as an irrational dislike

Nereo
15-03-2008, 12:37 PM
this doesn't make you a homphobe. If your beliefs mean you don't accept gay people then it doesn't mean you should discriminate against them because of what the bible says:D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!