PDA

View Full Version : Fairground Competition - Like it or hate it?

Shoed
10-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Erm, recently there was a Fairground Competition...

So, did you like the Fairground Competition or NOT?

I honestly didn't think it was fair, but why...
1. SOME of the rooms were just rollacoasters (Not what they asked for)
2) SOME were badly designed
3) SOME were copied
4) STAFF picked out of a hat at RAMDOM

Well done to the people who deserved to win!:)

So, have your say? Whats your view on this... *interested*

Slowpoke
10-03-2008, 06:57 PM
i like it. the badges are cool. i'm not that bothered in all honesty it's just an online chat.

TopManTim
10-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Lost said on the console they looked through the rooms in the order they were submitted so taht copied rooms did not get through.

If that's true they didn't pick out of a hat?

Anyway the idea of this competition is awesome however they execution of it has been a shambles so far.

Hazza
10-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I like the competition itself, but dislike the fact that it was picked from a hat - When there was no mention of this competition being random. Habbo Staff need to sit down and work out a proper way of judging room competitons. Because its simply unfair when people who do not win.

Immenseman
10-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I think it's a very good competition, I don't usually moan about competition winners but I do think some great rooms were ignored where the user had put hours of work in and people who spent around 10 minutes won.

Slowpoke
10-03-2008, 07:34 PM
I think it's a very good competition, I don't usually moan about competition winners but I do think some great rooms were ignored where the user had put hours of work in and people who spent around 10 minutes won.

i couldn't agree more - then there is the matter of people copying. they can deny it all they want but the proof is there.

Robby
10-03-2008, 07:36 PM
I entered mine on like sunday at 5

so i suppose he had had enough of the entrys and just practically ignored it

Im sure this goes for many other people

Shoed
10-03-2008, 07:37 PM
He reckon 1500 people entered.

Robby
10-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I would have said more lol

:Act
10-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Lost said on the console they looked through the rooms in the order they were submitted so taht copied rooms did not get through.

I entered my Log Flume room about 2 days after making it [so i sent it off on wednesday i believe] incase i came up with a better idea or anything.
So, if anyone came up with an original idea, but someone copied it and sent it off before the original, then surely thats not a good system to not accept ppl if their room's were copied O.o
need to rethink that idea perhaps Sulake?

Hushie
11-03-2008, 10:45 AM
I thought the comp was great.
I was runner up and got a badge! :D
But one of the actual winners room was just a rollercoaster, didn't deserve it at all.

le harry
11-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Because its simply unfair when people who do not win.

Excellent logic you have there.

Meti
11-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I like it. It's kewl :D

Ardemax
11-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I entered my Log Flume room about 2 days after making it [so i sent it off on wednesday i believe] incase i came up with a better idea or anything.
So, if anyone came up with an original idea, but someone copied it and sent it off before the original, then surely thats not a good system to not accept ppl if their room's were copied O.o
need to rethink that idea perhaps Sulake?

The logic is very good, it's just maybe Sulake bent the rules a bit?
And I entered mine at around 5 on Sunday and I came runner up becuase I thought of an original game which no noobs could copy :P

Shoed
11-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Yes well done for that!:) Shame my idea was copied and received a PINK ICM :l

mlp16
11-03-2008, 04:48 PM
its good but was judged poorly.. pulling a room out of the hat is not judging for all we know that room they picked out could be an empty room

Hazza
11-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Excellent logic you have there.
Aha, Correction:
Its simply unfair when people who do not deserve it win.

mlp16
11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Aha, Correction:
Its simply unfair when people who do not deserve it win.

yea but if u ask the people who won if they think they deserve to win they will say yes

Hazza
11-03-2008, 04:53 PM
yea but if u ask the people who won if they think they deserve to win they will say yes
Yeah, but ask the majority of people and they'll say no to half, if not more, of yesterday's winners ;).

e5
11-03-2008, 04:54 PM
I didn't bother entering it so my opinion can't count :)

mlp16
11-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Yeah, but ask the majority of people and they'll say no to half, if not more, of yesterday's winners ;).

so if u won and you did the best you could with not much furni and someone asked you do u deserve to win u would say no?

Hazza
11-03-2008, 05:02 PM
so if u won and you did the best you could with not much furni and someone asked you do u deserve to win u would say no?
Did I say that? I said people who didn't win will say half the people, if not more, who won yesterday didn't deserved it, many people would say no. Not only because of there room - There's many other reasons, for example copying someone elses room.

e5
11-03-2008, 05:02 PM
It should be made more fair, it's just money-grabbing oppourtunites for habbo to make more money. I liked the gpw and gte comp better.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!