PDA

View Full Version : ARGHH!

Pyroka
11-03-2008, 12:36 AM
ARRRGH!

It's the only word to describe my situation right now! Trust me, it suits. I'll explain:

There's this girl in my Duke of Edinburgh group, and she's so just... amazing. Great personality, good looking & a sense of humour to match & she's single (shockingly)! The problem is though, that I like this girl and I've got the guts to ask her out, but its the oppurtunities in which I have to do this which get me in a sticky situation.

This girl is in the Gold group of DoE, whereas I'm in the Silver group (two different rooms FYI);
She hangs out with another one of her mates 24/7 (I swear) or at least whenever I see her;
She lives in the town next to me, with virtually no train links or anything;
She's friends with my sister & that makes it more awkward since I can never get the chance without my sister butting in;
She goes to my old school, but I'm rarely there.
As soon as she gets out of DoE, she gets a lift from her parents instantly (giving me no chance, and she's with her mate)It's all very uhm... awkward really. I have the guts to ask her out, but its just the fact that I can never find a situation where me and her are alone, and I can actually talk to her 1-2-1. It's driving me up the wall really, so I've asked you guys for advice.

What do you think I should do? Giving up is out of the question before anyone says it. I can't see the oppurtunity where I can talk to her... Any tips from someone who may have been in a similar situation?

Smiddy
11-03-2008, 12:49 AM
ask her friend who she hangs around with 24/7 if you can have a few minutes with her. See where that leads you.

Or just talk to her when the friend is there, if you make a good impression on the friend also, she might big you up, if you come up in conversation.

Muniflex
11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
When you next see her and her friend talking go up and ask if you could have a private word with her. And from there it's all you:)

Good luck;)

Pyroka
11-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Muniflex, that's the most obvious one and I'm not criticising you for it, but I already knew that. It's just the fact it's ultra awkward, and well... I don't 'do' awkward. :P

camera
11-03-2008, 04:09 PM
if u rly like her, u just have to 'do' awkward coz obviously, thats the only problem u can get by

Pyroka
11-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Mmm... LOL I just got punched in the stomach though. I told my mum about all this, and that I was gonna ask my sister to help. Turns out my mum asked my sister to help, and now she's going to do it LOL.

camera
11-03-2008, 04:31 PM
so now u just sittin bk?

Pyroka
11-03-2008, 04:41 PM
No.. Now tonight is going to be more awkward than it would be with the girl. xD

benjamin
11-03-2008, 04:47 PM
why don't you do it over the phone? if you can't manage to get to see her on your own, and you feel that with others it will be too awkward.

Pyroka
11-03-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't have her phone numberrr. or MSN.

luce
11-03-2008, 06:05 PM
I think you should ask her out, or tell her how you feel.
I know its hard but to her face not over some soppy text or msn :)

Pyroka
11-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Nah, I can do it to her face... reluctantly. It's just the matter of everyone else. xD

Sammeth.
11-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Punch her friend in the face. Then ask her out.

benjamin
11-03-2008, 06:15 PM
when ur with her just say "can i speak to u alone for a minute"

Pyroka
11-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Punch her friend in the face. Then ask her out.

FALCONNN PUNNNNCH. Nah, too violent. LOL.

when ur with her just say "can i speak to u alone for a minute"

Mmm... Well, i see her in an hours time so I gotta nip off for a showah. Brb<3

Mitch4?
11-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Right her a note, girls melt for that sort of stuff. My best friend sent this girl a note, and she like totally fell inlove with him overnight,
even if you just get your sister to like put it in her pocket without her noticing, then when she comes to read it she'll think it's even more romantic *+*+!

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Mitch, youre a god. That's such a good idea... Srsly, aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. I might just do that, because I've done it before for this girl for Valentines Day. That was rather cute, but it still haunts me since my mates found out I did it, and keep on bringing it up xD Hmm, I really do like that idea, and I might just do it.

I seen her tonight btw, and I swear I need a slap across the face. Her friend wasn't in that night, so she was sort of quiet really. I think she's shy because she acknowledges me and everything, but she doesn't talk to me, but laughs at my jokes in this cute sort of way. x] I remember seeing her in Primark once, and I swear I couldn't keep my eyes off her... Same for her, but she was laughing so much at my embarrassment of her seeing me in Primark. It was rather evil, but memorable. That day, I actually imagined her and her mate coming in, it was rather freakish.

I'm not going into details on what a ****up I did today, but I'm going to try and make things better. Fingers crossed, srsly. I don't think she'll expect me of all people to like her, because I don't think she's had a boyfriend before & for it to be someone older than her, and someone I think she likes, might just stun her. I might just wait outside my old school to see if she comes out... Stalker style. I learn from the best, eh Mitch.

Born_To_Live
12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Mitch, youre a god. That's such a good idea... Srsly, aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. I might just do that, because I've done it before for this girl for Valentines Day. That was rather cute, but it still haunts me since my mates found out I did it, and keep on bringing it up xD Hmm, I really do like that idea, and I might just do it.

I seen her tonight btw, and I swear I need a slap across the face. Her friend wasn't in that night, so she was sort of quiet really. I think she's shy because she acknowledges me and everything, but she doesn't talk to me, but laughs at my jokes in this cute sort of way. x] I remember seeing her in Primark once, and I swear I couldn't keep my eyes off her... Same for her, but she was laughing so much at my embarrassment of her seeing me in Primark. It was rather evil, but memorable. That day, I actually imagined her and her mate coming in, it was rather freakish.

I'm not going into details on what a ****up I did today, but I'm going to try and make things better. Fingers crossed, srsly. I don't think she'll expect me of all people to like her, because I don't think she's had a boyfriend before & for it to be someone older than her, and someone I think she likes, might just stun her. I might just wait outside my old school to see if she comes out... Stalker style. I learn from the best, eh Mitch.

Good on you mate (Y)

If you like her that much, don't be afraid of her friend. If she likes you back she likes you back. If she dosn't then well she dosn't ... :(

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks xD I hope she does like me, I get the idea she does but she's shy? I've caught her looking at me once, but she caught me too. xD Hmmm... I seen her today in Co-op and she did that cute giggle again. Shame she was with her mate, and it's not that I don't like her mate or anything, but I'd prefer it just be me and her? I'm sure most people could understand that... I just don't think it's going to turn out that way.

I've promised myself to ask her out before the end of the month, so I can spend the April hols with her. xD

Born_To_Live
12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks xD I hope she does like me, I get the idea she does but she's shy? I've caught her looking at me once, but she caught me too. xD Hmmm... I seen her today in Co-op and she did that cute giggle again. Shame she was with her mate, and it's not that I don't like her mate or anything, but I'd prefer it just be me and her? I'm sure most people could understand that... I just don't think it's going to turn out that way.

I've promised myself to ask her out before the end of the month, so I can spend the April hols with her. xD

She sounds abit shy i agree.

However, have you got her Phone Number or even MSN? If not get it :P and get to know her better.

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
No, I dont has her MSN or Number which is the real issue. I was going to get my sister to get her MSN (bwahah, my slave) but I think it'd be better if I got it. Same with her number really, but that's a bit harder. Everyone knows that when you ask for a girls number, well... They assume, yknow? Ughgughgughgughguhg...

I hate to love shy girls LOL. I hate making the first move even more, but I WILL do it.

Mitch4?
12-03-2008, 06:28 PM

Well, you know, ;)!

benjamin
12-03-2008, 06:30 PM
aww ryan is shy :)

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, you know, ;)!

Mitch, you're a hunk<3

aww ryan is shy :)

STHU, IM NOT SHY.

... I.. just can't find the right... oppurtunity to ask her... :(

MissAlice
12-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Lol at you guys :P

Why don't you simply ask her and her friend what plans they have for the coming weekend, and hopefully once they have both answered you can turn to the female you like and be sure to say her name when you ask her to do something with you ;) She might be stunned, and if she is, will be a little speechless, so then be prepared to ask for her mobile number or messenger if needed :) Be a man and ask her yourself, don't get others to do your work! She will respect you for asking her directly ;)

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Lol at you guys :P

Why don't you simply ask her and her friend what plans they have for the coming weekend, and hopefully once they have both answered you can turn to the female you like and be sure to say her name when you ask her to do something with you ;) She might be stunned, and if she is, will be a little speechless, so then be prepared to ask for her mobile number or messenger if needed :) Be a man and ask her yourself, don't get others to do your work!

I NOT A MAN, I BE A MOUSE... A MOUSE WITH FOOTCRAMP ATM, OW.

Hmmm... Didn't you like the letter idea mitch came up with?! Come on Alice, I'm sure I could charm you with that lol. Thing is, I work on the weekends and this weekend I'm doing a First Aid course so I can't meet up with her anyway. I was thinking more in the half term, but y'know... Just getting that chance to ask really.

Y'see, I'd feel bad for the other girl since it'd be like excluding her. I know how that feels, and I'd feel rly bad if I did that with her next to the girl I like... SEE, NICE ME (A) I'll see what happens I guess... but god damnit, I've gotta make a move. xD

MissAlice
12-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Then ask what plans they have for half term/end of term. Yeah you could ask to have a private word with her, but don't beat about the bush, just ask :P

benjamin
12-03-2008, 07:58 PM
ryan it's all about CREATING an oppertunity, not waiting for one.

if everyone waited for oppertunities, no one would get anywhere. now u can't disagree with me on that one ;)

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Then ask what plans they have for half term/end of term. Yeah you could ask to have a private word with her, but don't beat about the bush, just ask :P

private words are always very... agh, but i would probs ask her what she's doing in half term. I know she's doing Duke of Edinburgh for the first week, same with me... different groups mind. I guess I'll have to get her number for that AYE?

ryan it's all about CREATING an oppertunity, not waiting for one.

if everyone waited for oppertunities, no one would get anywhere. now u can't disagree with me on that one ;)

no, i rly cant. YOU TRY CREATING AN OPPURTUNITY. it's hard...

Blinger1
14-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Try going to her house and ask if she can help you with the "DSE" or "DOE" or what ever it was (forgot :$), then start chattin', and ask then.

I would say ride your bike there but it could be hard if you live in a town like mine. Otherwise, catch a bus there :)

Pyroka
14-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Lol yeah, I don't have a bike. I guess that's alot more forward about it. :P

Blinger1
14-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Okay, lol, i tried to help because i know how frustrating it is when someone says "LULZ JUST ASK ROFL".

Maybe if you have a scooter? or is it to far to walk?

Zuar
14-03-2008, 11:14 AM
You just need to buck up your confidence, an go for it.

Pyroka
14-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Way too far to walk, and no scooter. I'd probably get the bus if anything... T'is easier. DoE isn't so much one of those things which you study up on. You just learn map-reading skills, and she's in a higher group than me... Arrrrgh. LOL

btw ali, im not like you and i dont screw everything in sight LOL.

Blinger1
14-03-2008, 11:16 AM
He said he has the confidence, it is just he can't get any alone time :)

Way too far to walk, and no scooter. I'd probably get the bus if anything... T'is easier. DoE isn't so much one of those things which you study up on. You just learn map-reading skills, and she's in a higher group than me... Arrrrgh. LOL

btw ali, im not like you and i dont screw everything in sight LOL.

I still do not get what this DoE thing is.
Is it like scouts or something?

Pyroka
14-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Uhm, sort of like scouts yeah. less... uniformy though.

Blinger1
14-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Okay, you could navigate to her house :) or ask your dad/mum to drop you off at a shop in her town walk to her house and get picked up after?

Pyroka
15-03-2008, 12:27 AM
In her town, THERE ARE NO SHOPS. This is a devon village, they have a post office, town hall and a pub. Thats it. xD I might just ask ehr mate tbh... I came up with a brill plan, shame I could never act on upon it. I would go into my old school, ask the student support what class she has, and walk into her lesson and say that I'm her cousin. Then I can get her out of the lesson and ask her...

extreme, but i thought it was well good!

lew!
15-03-2008, 12:47 AM
If you cant ask her out, and cant find time to talk to her, how do you know her personality n stuff

Pyroka
15-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Because, when I first joined Duke of Edinburgh back in... October, we were always hanging out with the Gold group. That finished in December/January time though, when we got down to proper business. :( I got to know her pretty well in that time span... and I see her around a bit.

Charly
15-03-2008, 01:55 AM
In her town, THERE ARE NO SHOPS. This is a devon village, they have a post office, town hall and a pub. Thats it. xD I might just ask ehr mate tbh... I came up with a brill plan, shame I could never act on upon it. I would go into my old school, ask the student support what class she has, and walk into her lesson and say that I'm her cousin. Then I can get her out of the lesson and ask her...

extreme, but i thought it was well good!

Do it! But you may get a slap if she doesn't like you or it was an important bit of lesson or w/e xD But.. won't the school recognize your face! ;O! Wear a fake tan or something :]

Blinger1
15-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Or a wig!! Just say you came from America, or Australia and put on a fake voice!

Toughened
15-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Imo.

If she's never on her own to even ask her out then its going to be awkward to get her on her own to even go out with her.

Your choice like.

Good luck.

Robby
15-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Just play the waiting game :)

Wait till shes not with her mate and pounce.

All good things come to those that wait ;)

camera
15-03-2008, 11:43 AM
lol ryan. im sorry but this is so funny.
its been a few days already.
just be thick skinned and ask.

"excuse me. can we talk?" or whatever it is u people say when u ask someone out.

u said u think she likes u back, so i think ull be fine.

Pyroka
17-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Ironically enough, today I find out she's got a boyfriend and has done for like 2 years or so. Whoops. Ah well... girls suck x] srsly, i get treated like crap by everyone of the opposite sex. yeah, that means you zah.

benjamin
17-03-2008, 04:24 PM
and members of the same sex, don't worry ryan.

and as i explained on msn, all will be fine in zee end :] don't b trippin brudda.
Ironically enough, today I find out she's got a boyfriend and has done for like 2 years or so. Whoops. Ah well... girls suck x] srsly, i get treated like crap by everyone of the opposite sex. yeah, that means you zah.

Pyroka
17-03-2008, 04:25 PM
nah bro, im turnin bi m8. cant be bovvad with girls much longa.

benjamin
17-03-2008, 04:26 PM
you're gunna have problems whatever way you swing

MissAlice
17-03-2008, 04:33 PM

Awww how disappointing :( I was hoping to read a full romantic novel in the coming weeks! It's just the age you are I guess, I wouldn't worry too much about it, as the saying goes, there are plenty of other fish in the sea, so don't dwell on it, there is someone out there who is perfect for you :)

Miserlou
17-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Go to school more, fix up look sharp lol.
And try and casually bump into her?

InvisibleMan
17-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Go to school more, fix up look sharp lol.
And try and casually bump into her?
Yep Ryans just gona' walk into school even though he goes to college, great one!
Oh and get merked by her saying 'I have a 40 year old boyfriend, back off'.

Abbie.
17-03-2008, 04:44 PM
give her hints u like her......

im going my gold DOE ahahah

Miserlou
17-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Erm what??
He's at college?
Well why did he say, ''She goes to my old school, but I'm rarely there.''
I was only trying to help. If anythings changed and he's now not at school with her I wouldn't know. Soz.

e5
17-03-2008, 04:54 PM
ask her out infront of everyone.

InvisibleMan
17-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Erm what??
He's at college?
Well why did he say, ''She goes to my old school, but I'm rarely there.''
I was only trying to help. If anythings changed and he's now not at school with her I wouldn't know. Soz.
Because he randomly walks into his old school because that's just what Ryan does to pass time. :rolleyes:

benjamin
17-03-2008, 05:11 PM
You do realise Ryan sort of hit a dead end when he found out the girl he liked has a boyfriend, yes..?

InvisibleMan
17-03-2008, 05:30 PM
You do realise Ryan sort of hit a dead end when he found out the girl he liked has a boyfriend, yes..?
I do yes, she don't no.

Pyroka
17-03-2008, 06:21 PM
I appreciate the support guys, but there's no need anymore. I no longer stand a chance of going out with a girl of amazing standards like her. Meh.

benjamin
17-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Don't talk crap Ryan, it isn't going to happen because she's taken; no other reason.
I appreciate the support guys, but there's no need anymore. I no longer stand a chance of going out with a girl of amazing standards like her. Meh.

Pyroka
17-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Lmao, it's happened before Ben. Lightenin don't strike in the same place twice.

Plux
17-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Kidnap her, bandage her up, and molest her.

Mitch4?
17-03-2008, 07:49 PM
nah bro, im turnin bi m8. cant be bovvad with girls much longa.
What cha' mean turning?

Mate, it's just a minor step back, so what if she's got a boyfriend. When your young, you just experiment anyway, it's not like you were going to spend the rest of your life together (dispite it being possible). Just go out and have fun, stay single and you'll have more fun. Don't waste your youth chasing girls who you could just not go out with and just don't have to spend money on ;). If you find a girl that likes you, and you like her, sure go for it. But don't beat yourself up for not getting a girl, grab your balls and go to your nearest carpark... i mean, that's what i do... :]
Better luck next time :(!!

InvisibleMan
17-03-2008, 08:08 PM
What cha' mean turning?

Mate, it's just a minor step back, so what if she's got a boyfriend. When your young, you just experiment anyway, it's not like you were going to spend the rest of your life together (dispite it being possible). Just go out and have fun, stay single and you'll have more fun. Don't waste your youth chasing girls who you could just not go out with and just don't have to spend money on ;). If you find a girl that likes you, and you like her, sure go for it. But don't beat yourself up for not getting a girl, grab your balls and go to your nearest carpark... i mean, that's what i do... :]
I would +rep this post however theirs no point on this account, remind me when I get BlueMoon back next week yeah?

Pyroka
17-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Kidnap her, bandage her up, and molest her.

You're funny. :rolleyes: I mean, seriously, You could have put better thought into an abduction than that.

What cha' mean turning?

LOL Shush Mitch, I wasn't always bi... i just dunno anymore.

I don't like experimenting, and well.. there's more to it which i guess i could tell you on MSN, i dont like admitting it in public. I might just plan to stay single for a while though youve got a point. I'm 16, coming to 17, not 12 so im sort of... not as youthful imo. I prefer the company really, but by the way I've been treated by girls I 'liked' in the past 4 months, I'm starting to get pissed off that I put myself out for them and I get **** back.

... talk to me on MSN if you wanna know, it'll make more sense with the experimentation.

rawritsluke
18-03-2008, 06:28 PM
All the best to you mate, I've never been in a situation like this because a vain so and so so I just say what I want :)

Bet she turns out to be like a dime star hooker when you get in the bedroom if you get me ;) the quiet ones always are:8

Nereo
21-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Just get in there. don't worry bout whether she knows yur sis or wotever if u like her go get her

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
22-03-2008, 06:07 PM
My advice bite the bullet and if you sooo like her go for it if u liked her so much you wouldnt have to worry about people around you so long as they are friends or not enemies and her best friend shouldnt be a distraction

samsaBEAR
23-03-2008, 01:53 AM
try talking to her, then maybe her parents will be more relaxed with picking her up, and allow you to hang out with her after your DoE classes

JackBuddy
17-04-2008, 09:47 PM
catch her while she is peeing in a bush!

and woo ryan i have finished d of e now!

le harry
20-04-2008, 09:08 AM
lol has nobody read the thread? she's got a boyfriend.

cocaine
20-04-2008, 09:24 AM

stop being like that :rolleyes: its pathetic

Mystifo
20-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Wait, just because she has a boyfriend does not mean it's all over. The fact is that you like the girl, and quite a lot from how you've been writing in your previous posts.

Simply tell her how you feel, in front of her friend if you have to, then just walk away. If she likes you then it will fall into place, if not then... life goes on. Who cares what people think, your real friends will note that you had the guts to do something like that.

Good luck to you!

Pyroka
20-04-2008, 07:43 PM
JESUS CHRIST THIS IS A BUMP? Things have happened since her... It's not worth it.

Shoed
20-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Ryan, just because she currently has a boyfriend doesn't mean the relationship is going to last forever. Express your feelings to her and don't let anything get in your way, She will decide whether she shares the same feelings about you as you do to her. Things (hopefully) will fall into place on there own if not... then move on I guess. There is always plenty more fish in the sea (: There will probaly be more girls similar to her else where and you just haven't found them yet, heh. Danny :) x

leah
26-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Add her On MSN, talk to her a bit, and then ask her if she would like to meet up? [:

Born_To_Live
27-04-2008, 06:24 PM
If you liked her that much you would ask her infront of everyone.

Pyroka
27-04-2008, 08:43 PM
STOPPPP BUMMMPPIIIIIING. it's nothing now, i think i got a bit caught up in my emotions again, and it was probably because of a girl before her which... idk, im just mad. im over both girls now (girl before, and girl in this thread). now i'm just mixing it up in the world, enjoying it whilst it lasts yknow?!

Love aint what its cracked up to beee. ;D

Hiro
18-05-2008, 06:59 PM

That's what I thought before, I gave up for like 2 years. And I've recently found someone far better than I could have ever imagined.
Just gotta cease the right moment. And the worst part about the girls I asked out, is that I'd known them for a long time, and I'm the shyest person in the world, I hesitated, and just went for it, then basically got pushed around after that =/
But yeah, I'm happy now.

edit; oops, this looked popular to me, sorry for bump.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!