PDA

View Full Version : Tables Coding Help (Quick +REP)

iUnknown
12-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Hello,

I have coded a layout in expandable tables but, when the left and right columns get big, the middle main content mucks up and goes to the middle of it's td. Is there a way to make the middle expandable bit and the bottom bit in the tr after that stay to the top, no matter how big the left and right columns are?

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if I can supply more information.

Thread moved from design and development by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please post in the correct section ;).

MrCraig
12-03-2008, 06:57 PM
add
valign="top" to the middle td

php.net
12-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Use Divs and XHTML / CSS.

iUnknown
12-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Craig, thanks but I've tried that. :S

php.net
12-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Craig, thanks but I've tried that. :S

Use divs and XHTML / CSS.

MrCraig
12-03-2008, 07:10 PM

Hes asking how to do in tables, not css.

And Guy, Urr. Has your <table> tag got a valign="top" part in it too?

iUnknown
12-03-2008, 07:11 PM

Already tried it but it didn't work well with this layout. This is the one and only problem I have with this layout when I code it in tables, and in DIVs I get a lot more. I'm not blaming the style of DIVs or the style of tables, just I find the tables easier I guess.

No, I'll try that now.

Edit: Didn't work, I don't think that's something you can use in the table tag either.

iUnknown
12-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Delete double post sorry.

php.net
12-03-2008, 07:19 PM

Yes, but he is also failing by using tables.

Already tried it but it didn't work well with this layout. This is the one and only problem I have with this layout when I code it in tables, and in DIVs I get a lot more. I'm not blaming the style of DIVs or the style of tables, just I find the tables easier I guess.

Keep on trying with divs. There is too many tutorials about coding in divs, and it's the way forward.

iUnknown
12-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Yes, but he is also failing by using tables.

Keep on trying with divs. There is too many tutorials about coding in divs, and it's the way forward.

I tried serious DIV experts but everything they said would work, didn't. Many more people know how to code with tables.

chrisgocrazyH
13-03-2008, 05:53 AM
why not post the code and that might help?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!