Florx
12-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey,

When is the chat back jack?

Thanks,
Jake.

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Hit the road jack, and dont you come back, no more no more no more no more! (8)

Sorry, couldn't help that. I noticed the chat was down too, and always is whenever I try to get onto it. :( I guess we gotta hope it actually comes back lol.

GhostFace-
12-03-2008, 08:21 PM
what chat :S?

dannyisamazing
12-03-2008, 08:22 PM
what chat :S?

www.habboxforum.com/chat.php

Florx
12-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Yup. Loving the song :p

today
12-03-2008, 08:23 PM
It wont return till its been "fixed" ;]

Navicat
12-03-2008, 08:25 PM
There were security vulnerabilties in it from what I have heard, Habbox needs to actually check the things it uses, and don't give me that "we checked it, and it was secure", when the people who do, don't know jack crap about PHP :P

Slowpoke
12-03-2008, 08:27 PM
There was an exploit in which it became possible to go onto other peoples accounts so until that's fixed it will stay closed.

Navicat
12-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Probably didn't even clean the inputs.

Slowpoke
12-03-2008, 08:30 PM
There were security vulnerabilties in it from what I have heard, Habbox needs to actually check the things it uses, and don't give me that "we checked it, and it was secure", when the people who do, don't know jack crap about PHP :P

It's still in BETA so don't give us that sarcastic crap! Nothing is perfect first time round which is why it was being tested.

Florx
12-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Wasn't it JAVA powered?

Navicat
12-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Excuse me? BETA has nothing to do with it, you are going to want at least a halfway secured product before you release it to this many people.

If Habbox actually had PHP coders on their team that knew what they were doing, that would be a different story.

It is like a "candy shop" version of a chat, nothing special.

So don't give me that, "stuck up Habbox's bum" crap.. its common sense to have it checked over before release, or a "BETA test" in this case.

I know way more then you about all of this, so don't give me that crap ;)

@Jake:

I don't think so, pretty sure it was PHP.. from what I saw of it.

Slowpoke
12-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Excuse me? BETA has nothing to do with it, you are going to want at least a halfway secured product before you release it to this many people.

If Habbox actually had PHP coders on their team that knew what they were doing, that would be a different story.

So don't give me that, "stuck up Habbox's bum" crap.. its common sense to have it checked over before release, or a "BETA test" in this case.

If there were PHP coders willing to help out for FREE then it wouldn't be a problem. Everyone wants paying and Habbox can't afford it so stop thinking you know everything when you actually know nothing!

Navicat
12-03-2008, 08:37 PM
lol, I don't see Habbox asking? I don't see a thread in announcements requesting PHP coders to help out?

They won't.. because it is a 'security risk', in their terms, so they just settle for half-done products.

I'm just laughing at you..

Mrs.McCall
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM

@Jake:

It was tested by all members of staff for about 4 weeks. Obviously, none of us realised that you could steal people's names. I am sure Habbox would be glad of some proper PHP coders on the staff but clearly none have applied!

I think its unfair to have a go when Habbox was only trying to find a new feature for VIPs to enjoy. Unfortunately, it didn't go to plan and it is now closed until further notice. When it was around people seemed to enjoy it. Hopefully it'll return more secure.

Florx
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Im a PHP coder and I would happily make one thats secure for habbox :p

Slowpoke
12-03-2008, 08:39 PM
lol, I don't see Habbox asking? I don't see a thread in announcements requesting PHP coders to help out?

They won't.. because it is a 'security risk', in their terms, so they just settle for half-done products.

I'm just laughing at you..

Yes, you're correct! That is another one of the reasons. Why would they want a complete stranger doing it?! And if you're finding this funny then you must have a pretty boring life.. :rolleyes:

Navicat
12-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't a good idea, quite frankly I am pleased to see Habbox is taking a step forward.

I just wish they would take extra precautions before they do release something that is integrated with the forum database, thats just common sense to double check it in my opinion.

How could they apply? If you apply for something that is not open, all they do is delete it, or that is how it used to be.

Maybe if they would open applications for PHP coders, then some would apply? Otherwise no-one really knows.. I am sure people would love to help out..

I have been on this forum for years, and not once seen applications open for PHP coders, only "web design" team, which was just designing.

I would happily apply, and provide my knowledge and skills, as I am sure I could make it secure :) I also could have numerous vouches for my abilities.

today
12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
None of the senior managment are advanced coders apart from maybe Jin but he has the sever and stuff to worry about so i dont think he helps there.

Most decent trusted advanced coders want dosh for anything thus no help.

Slowpoke
12-03-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't a good idea, quite frankly I am pleased to see Habbox is taking a step forward.

I just wish they would take extra precautions before they do release something that is integrated with the forum database, thats just common sense to double check it in my opinion.

How could they apply? If you apply for something that is not open, all they do is delete it, or that is how it used to be.

Maybe if they would open applications for PHP coders, then some would apply? Otherwise no-one really knows.. I am sure people would love to help out..

I have been on this forum for years, and not once seen applications open for PHP coders, only "web design" team, which was just designing.

I would happily apply, and provide my knowledge and skills, as I am sure I could make it secure :) I also could have numerous vouches for my abilities.

No-one is doubting your abilities it's more the matter of management not knowing you. Trust comes into play, you see.

None of the senior managment are advanced coders apart from maybe Jin but he has the sever and stuff to worry about so i dont think he helps there.

Most decent trusted advanced coders want dosh for anything thus no help.

that's what i'm trying to say

Navicat
12-03-2008, 08:42 PM
@ Minty, management sure do know me, I have been here since 2004 ;) They probably know my abilities too, I worked alongside MAD for a while at Habtips.

You probably know me too.

I'm not trying to start an argument, just pointing out facts/my opinion, which I believe is allowed now-a-days? :P

Slowpoke
12-03-2008, 08:43 PM
@ Minty, management sure do know me, I have been here since 2004 ;) They probably know my abilities too, I worked alongside MAD for a while at Habtips.

Now you mention it I do recognise your name from Habtips (I worked there back in 05).

e5
12-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Haven't been on the chat recently so didn't know it was down lol

Florx
12-03-2008, 08:56 PM
It was in announcments :p

Slowpoke
12-03-2008, 08:57 PM

I'm not trying to start an argument, just pointing out facts/my opinion, which I believe is allowed now-a-days? :P

Nor am I doubting you in any way but until I know the facts all I can do is assume!

Invent
13-03-2008, 09:42 PM
It was coded in Java Caleb.

DaveTaylor
13-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Staff tested it for 4 weeks you what erm so how comes MAD claimed no-one tests stuff.

today
14-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Staff tested it for 4 weeks you what erm so how comes MAD claimed no-one tests stuff.
four weeks? from what i know about a week max.

DaveTaylor
14-03-2008, 04:03 PM
according to your other member of staff on the other page she claims it was 4 weeks hollywood

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!