PDA

View Full Version : Sims

raz~richie
11-06-2005, 07:42 PM
I finally make a Sim that I like, and there's a problem, of course. I have me, a wife, a child, and two dogs. It's the perfect family, in my eyes. I had lived in the same house ever since I was a bachelor sim. (By the way, if it matters, I have The Sim's Deluxe Edition, The Sim's Unleashed, The Sim's Vacation, The Sim's Superstar, and The Sim's Makin' Magic expansion packs) Well, suddenly, whenever I save the game shuts itself off. It will save, but the game turns itself off. That means I can never go on vacations or explore old town, or anything like that. I played as another family, and their saving was normal. It's only on our family. I've tried moving, but that doesn't work either. Is this a technical problem that can be fixed or is it something that I'll have to start over on. May I add that, I don't have Internet on my other computer with The Sims on it, so I know I don't have viruses.
Does anyone know why it's doing this?

DJ-COLLINS!
11-06-2005, 07:47 PM
its your computer it dosent have enouf ram or speed to control this game the game is sending to much dater to ur pc witch is causing it to close and freez

ChloeDust
11-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Ah i have all the sims, including sims 2 <3 them games <3 and i use to have a similiar problem, every time i went to like a place ie; downtown, hollywood place (Or w/e it's called, aint played it in ages) use to shut the game off and then the window would close, a pain in the butt specially if i didn't save x.x lol erm i don't know what to say to be honest, because i never got my problem solved but i play sims 2 now really...erm try checking how much hard drive diskspace is on your computer, try doing a disk clean up to get rid of rotten files and clear some space on your harddrive, it might help?

Hope i helped :S
Chloe <3

raz~richie
13-06-2005, 01:23 AM
I tried getting rid of as much as I can. I have 88% free space. Yet, it still won't work right.

Rix
13-06-2005, 09:34 AM
maybe updating ya ram

Andsew
13-06-2005, 06:58 PM
what speed ram do you have? i think with the sims i think 256MB ram is required

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!