PDA

View Full Version : 4 New COD4 Maps revealed!

Favourtism
13-03-2008, 11:07 AM
The 4 new maps for COD4 have been revealed by Infinity Ward :D.

1) Broadcast
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/071/reviews/939212_20080312_embed001.jpg

Well, except one of the maps in this pack. It's called Broadcast and is lifted from the Iraqi campaign "Charlie Don't Surf," in which you assault a television station where the enemy is holed up. Don't think the team just copied and pasted the campaign map into this multiplayer pack, though. It does contain the iconic, cavernous main room with its dozens of computer monitors and TV screens, as well as a big map of the world on the wall. We can tell you from experience that that's a great place for multiplayer firefights, with all those cubicles to duck down behind and all that equipment just waiting to get shot up by you or your opponents. A large-scale multiplayer match concentrated in that room is going to be serious calamity.
But Broadcast has been expanded significantly throughout its incarnation in the campaign. There are multiple routes into and out of that main room. Some routes lead up to the building's second floor, replete with smaller rooms and hallways. The map is mostly indoors, so air strikes and helicopters will be largely ineffectual--except up on the roof, which you can access from the second floor, as well as in the expanded parking lot area outside the main building. On the other side of that parking lot is another new, smaller building that you can hide out in as well.

2) Creek
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/071/reviews/939212_20080312_embed002.jpg

The second map we played is entirely new, and it's named Creek. But there's a lot more to it than a simple babbling brook. This is a very large-scale outdoor map with a small cluster of houses on one side of it. In the middle, there's a huge ravine circling the perimeter with multiple levels of pathways up its side. Down below, the trail leads along the eponymous creek bed to a waterfall. Elsewhere along the base of the ravine, there's a lengthy and winding cave that cuts underneath the hill then out to the other side. As big as it is, there are a lot of places to go on this map; from prone sniping atop the cliff face to hiding out behind a rock in the tunnel, you never know where an opponent will be attacking you.

3) Chinatown
No screenshot/info released. Pretty self explanitory though ;)

4) Killhouse
No infomation/screenshot available however it has been hinted that it is based on the training (first) level on cod4.

http://iamfourzerotwo.com/
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/callofduty4modernwarfare/news.html?sid=6187656&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Cannot wait for these maps :D. It is undecided if they will be free or cost however I can definately see them being not free. I have just bought 2000 MS Points anyway so I will hold on to them :). It is also not confirmed when they will be released.

These maps will be available on 360, PC and PS3 however the PC version is rumoured to be more likely to be free. I havent put it in a specific sub forum because it covers more than a single console.

Ashley 12344
13-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Looks good. Was saying to a friend earlier that it needs more maps.
Hopefully they won't cost too much though.

Greco!!
13-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Looks cool but they need a split screen option more than new maps

Do you think it will cost about 800 MS points?

United.Road
13-03-2008, 01:48 PM
i can see them being free

Greco!!
13-03-2008, 01:50 PM
on the xbox they wont be :(

i remember the gears of war map pack epic games wanted to give them out for free but MS wouldnt let them and ended up costing 800 points i think

Favourtism
13-03-2008, 01:56 PM
They wont be free, although its not confirmed I would confidentaly bet my other 360 that they will charge for them. The only place which might get them for free is PC. I would happily spend a good few quid for the maps though, I love cod4 lol.

Infinity Ward has said also that they will continue to support cod4 regardless of new studios with sequels, there almost definately saying that Infinity Ward will not be making COD5 but you can still expect support and perhaps new maps throughout the release of COD5.

Moh
13-03-2008, 02:29 PM
I think it would be good to have more indoor maps, as when most of them are outside, its kinda boring :p

Callum.
13-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Gunna be annoying for the people who can't play them if you're in a party with them. I'll defo buy, although the "broadcast" one looks too much like rainbow.

Neil
13-03-2008, 03:34 PM
They wont be free, although its not confirmed I would confidentaly bet my other 360 that they will charge for them. The only place which might get them for free is PC. I would happily spend a good few quid for the maps though, I love cod4 lol.

Infinity Ward has said also that they will continue to support cod4 regardless of new studios with sequels, there almost definately saying that Infinity Ward will not be making COD5 but you can still expect support and perhaps new maps throughout the release of COD5.

IW will not be making CoD5, it has always been known that IW wont do CoD5 as they can't develop a whole game in less that a year, that's why Treyarch make them aswell, CoD6 will more than likely be by IW if they take it that far

I think the maps may come free, not every map pack for a game costs money, And if the PC is getting them for free then we should too, it wouldn't be fair otherwise

Favourtism
13-03-2008, 04:02 PM
IW will not be making CoD5, it has always been known that IW wont do CoD5 as they can't develop a whole game in less that a year, that's why Treyarch make them aswell, CoD6 will more than likely be by IW if they take it that far

I think the maps may come free, not every map pack for a game costs money, And if the PC is getting them for free then we should too, it wouldn't be fair otherwise
All/most of map packs on 360/PS3 cost MSPoints and PC players are supposedly used to getting free stuff :(

Is Treyarch the team who made the rubbish cod3?

Azul
13-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Creek sounds like a damn fine map, the TV Station looks decent too. I'll probably end up getting them if my mates follow suit.

Neil
13-03-2008, 04:06 PM
All/most of map packs on 360/PS3 cost MSPoints and PC players are supposedly used to getting free stuff :(

Is Treyarch the team who made the rubbish cod3?

Not all map packs are paid content, you'd be surprised how much is actually free, and they should charge PC users if they charge us, Take-Two charged PC users to download the Bioshock stuff

And yea Treyarch made CoD2: Big red one, CoD3 and I think the expansion pack for CoD1 on the PC

Andys
13-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Wow, these look awsome.
Nice find.

Favourtism
13-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Did Infitinty ward make the COD2 - Not big red one as I heard that was amazing.

I was checking fourzerotwos site every night this week hoping for some gossip :P. This friday at 1am a site is revealing via video screenshots/video footage of the 3rd and possibly 4th map. If you click on the links in the first post it should tell you which site is revealing them. Not sure if it is 1am GMT or not.

Andys
13-03-2008, 04:12 PM

I was checking fourzerotwos site every night this week hoping for some gossip :P. This friday at 1am a site is revealing via video screenshots/video footage of the 3rd and possibly 4th map. If you click on the links in the first post it should tell you which site is revealing them. Not sure if it is 1am GMT or not.
Infinity Ward did make Call of Duty 2 (my box tells me so ;))

Neil
13-03-2008, 04:31 PM

Yea CoD2 is by IW, I think the first game for PC is IW aswell, Call of Duty Finest Hour (the xbox version of 1) was by Spark Unlimited or something xD

Andeeh
13-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Lush which are russian and which are arab maps?

i dint read all of it lol

Favourtism
13-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Lush which are russian and which are arab maps?

i dint read all of it lol
Chinatown isnt arab or russian ;)

I think it was saying they want to get away from the russian maps however the tv station was in russia?

Andeeh
13-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks ;)

Alan_Carr
13-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Brapp, can't wait :D

mangle
13-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Chinatown isnt arab or russian ;)

I think it was saying they want to get away from the russian maps however the tv station was in russia?

TV Wasn't , Charlie dont surf was one from Lt Jackson :]

graffiti
13-03-2008, 08:13 PM
i am truly speechless if these maps DO actually come
when i looked at the pics i was gobsmacked and couldn't say a word
I AM WILLING TO PAY 800 MS POINTS FOR THIS!
especially as i ahve 2600 left ^_^

Azul
13-03-2008, 08:15 PM

steady on...

mangle
13-03-2008, 08:24 PM
LOL

You're name is Ryan right , not Jaswinder Patel!?

And yeh , i dont think i'll get them if they cost. Saving points for GTAIV ;)

Azul
13-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Haha, yeah my name is Ryan.

graffiti
13-03-2008, 08:48 PM
bbut it looks so good :(

Alan_Carr
13-03-2008, 09:19 PM

Take it easy tiger..

Andeeh
14-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Wen is it being released?

i want new gamemodes ;) like capture the flag !

Alan_Carr
14-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Wen is it being released?

i want new gamemodes ;) like capture the flag !

Thats why you've got Domination sir :)

Andeeh
15-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Thats why you've got Domination sir :)

Lol but i mean a proper ctf.

like 1 team flag each defend urs capture others not flags that are just standing der ;)

Favourtism
15-03-2008, 10:10 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=11
Video of the new Chinatown map being revealed last night on a tv show! You have to goto chapter 4 on there to view it.

Its a modern remake of Carbentan (sp) from COD2. It looks great.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!