PDA

View Full Version : Taking back Sunday or My chemical Romance?

kasi
11-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Pick pick pick! :D

Jim Rotates
11-06-2005, 10:05 PM
NONE, both are ****e!!! :D

Anguss
17-06-2005, 04:06 PM
ewwwwwwwww emo

we want happy tunes with heavy guitar not that balls

Angster
20-06-2005, 04:29 AM
I think Taking Back Sunday is better by far.

If you listen to the differences between their first and second CD, you can tell that TBS has really matured as a band. Whereas MCR still sounds pretty similar. I also think that Adam Lazzara has a way more unique sounding voice that goes long with Fred's back-up vocals. MCR's guitar and back-up vocals usually cover up Gerard Way's vocals, which makes it difficult to listen to them.

Jashmine
20-06-2005, 02:56 PM
TBS all the way xD

JadeLestrange
20-06-2005, 03:11 PM
I saw taking back sunday in concert when they backed up green day in milton keynes and personally i think they were really really bad when they're live.I like their songs but adam and fred were concentrating too much on moving around and dancing about instead of focusing on their music so they ended up sounding awful. MCR on the other hand focus on the music and focus on making it sound good as well as putting on a performance.Thats why I prefer MCR to TBS.

Flunky-Sunset!
20-06-2005, 03:27 PM
taking back sunday were at the Green Day concert? Damn, I would've gone just to listen to them. >_<

JadeLestrange
20-06-2005, 03:36 PM
lol yep,they were backing up green day n jimmy eat world along with a weird band called hi-fi or something lol

Jashmine
20-06-2005, 03:46 PM
green day, TBS and JEW?
gshadfhsadfh!
No way >.<

.:OGGY:.
20-06-2005, 04:54 PM
tbs were really rubbish at the green day gig, many bands are rubbish live... i saw a band called hell is for heroes who were a support band at the biffy clyro gig and they rocked live, so we went 2 see there gig and i never seen a crowd like it (at small gig anyway) there were people coming over ya heads in teh mosh pit like every second, i gt booted in teh head like 10000 times

ChloeDust
20-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Im going for MCR i'm loving their songs and quirky sound at the moment ;)

Angster
20-06-2005, 09:35 PM
tbs were really rubbish at the green day gig, many bands are rubbish live... i saw a band called hell is for heroes who were a support band at the biffy clyro gig and they rocked live, so we went 2 see there gig and i never seen a crowd like it (at small gig anyway) there were people coming over ya heads in teh mosh pit like every second, i gt booted in teh head like 10000 times
I guess the boots in the head explain how much of a moron you are.. This isn't an "explain how bad TBS is live", it's asking whether you like TBS or MCR more. Besides, ONE gig doesn't stand for anything. That doesn't mean TBS is bad in all their gigs. Maybe they were having an off night. Besides, I saw them in Warped Tour 04, and they were freaking awesome. Not to mention, MCR is way worse live from what I've heard.

And yes, TBS did perform with Green Day. I guess that's why they're getting such bad reviews. All the overweight 12-year-old girls went to see Green Day saying "OMG WE'RE SO PUNK LOL!", then an awesome, somewhat emo band comes out and bores all the over obsessive kids who were there for Green Day. Hell, I doubt any of them had even HEARD of TBS.

lucyecc
20-06-2005, 09:43 PM
i think my chemical romance rock !

Steven
20-06-2005, 10:00 PM
I pick My chemical romance.

kasi
21-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I guess the boots in the head explain how much of a moron you are.. This isn't an "explain how bad TBS is live", it's asking whether you like TBS or MCR more. Besides, ONE gig doesn't stand for anything. That doesn't mean TBS is bad in all their gigs. Maybe they were having an off night. Besides, I saw them in Warped Tour 04, and they were freaking awesome. Not to mention, MCR is way worse live from what I've heard.

And yes, TBS did perform with Green Day. I guess that's why they're getting such bad reviews. All the overweight 12-year-old girls went to see Green Day saying "OMG WE'RE SO PUNK LOL!", then an awesome, somewhat emo band comes out and bores all the over obsessive kids who were there for Green Day. Hell, I doubt any of them had even HEARD of TBS.

Yeah.. MCR are really bad live. I was at one of their concerts June 1st I think it was.. sometime around then and when you listen to them live then listen to their cd, sounds like Gerards voice is fixed.

Angster
21-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Yeah.. MCR are really bad live. I was at one of their concerts June 1st I think it was.. sometime around then and when you listen to them live then listen to their cd, sounds like Gerards voice is fixed.
I don't see how you can tell, you can barely hear his voice over the music. And when I say that, I mean live AND on the albums.

Dave,
21-06-2005, 10:38 PM
I think Taking Back Sunday is better by far.

If you listen to the differences between their first and second CD, you can tell that TBS has really matured as a band. Whereas MCR still sounds pretty similar. I also think that Adam Lazzara has a way more unique sounding voice that goes long with Fred's back-up vocals. MCR's guitar and back-up vocals usually cover up Gerard Way's vocals, which makes it difficult to listen to them.

MCR sound nothing like they did on their first album 'I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love' comaped to 'Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge'. I know almost every song on both albums just listening to Gerards voice, it is clear. I have also never heard another voice like his. TBS songs sound almost the same, at least with MCR they are different.

It is pretty hard to sing with the same emotion on the CD that Gerard does. I admit 'Helena' does sound bad live but it is pretty hard to sing to make it sound like it does on CD.

Kaya
21-06-2005, 10:38 PM
I dont listen to that kind of music

Angster
22-06-2005, 03:11 AM
MCR sound nothing like they did on their first album 'I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love' comaped to 'Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge'. I know almost every song on both albums just listening to Gerards voice, it is clear. I have also never heard another voice like his. TBS songs sound almost the same, at least with MCR they are different.

I said they sound pretty similar, not exact. Besides, Taking Back Sunday sounds nothing like they did in "Tell All Your Friends" in "Where You Want To Be" - You wouldn't even think they're the same band. And if you think all their songs sound alike, I suggest these things;
A). Clean your ears out
B). Buy their second album

Gerard's voice is not clear in all the songs. Try taking a listen to these;
"You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison"
"To the End"
"Give 'Em Hell Kid" and there's more, I just didn't feel like listing them all.

Besides, countless people were mentioning Gerard's voice wasn't clear on "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" on MCR's livejournal before I even listened to it, so I'm obviously not the only one noticing this.

I dont listen to that kind of music
Okay, um, way to spam the thread up. How about you just don't reply at all if you don't like either? That seems reasonable, doesn't it?

Dave,
22-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Gerard's voice is not clear in all the songs. Try taking a listen to these;
"You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison"
"To the End"
"Give 'Em Hell Kid" and there's more, I just didn't feel like listing them all.

I have both albums, you obviously have a problem with your hearing if you think that his voice is unclear in those three songs

kasi
24-06-2005, 05:09 PM
No fighting all of you, before I close my thread. :P

Jane
24-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Ahh, I can't decide, they're both awesome :D I've never seen any of them in concert so I couldn't say whether they were good or bad live

kasi
01-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Woah. I've noticed 10 people picked MCR and 4 picked TBS..

:l

I personally like TBS better..

-JT-
04-07-2005, 10:09 AM
omg how coul MCR even get a vote? TBS are the best punk band (besids dIjOn) ever

samuel
14-07-2005, 02:34 AM
My chemical romance is way better. but they are bad live.
i watched them on mtv at 2 am after a greenday concert, and they werent to good as it wasnt from the cd.
especially on Helena and im not okay.

kasi
15-07-2005, 11:20 PM
I understand why it would be hard for Gerard to sing Helena because it's a self-hate letter written to himself.. but most of the other songs live are horrible.

Steven
15-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I RE-PICK TBS!

kasi
16-07-2005, 03:20 AM
lol yay woot.

Victimized
16-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Taking Back Sunday anyday, MCR are way too commercial now.

Craig
16-07-2005, 12:14 PM
I prefer MCR however TBS were a close second :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!