PDA

View Full Version : [THE BIG WEEKLY QUESTION : RROD EDITION] Cheaply made or owner's fault?

Fez
15-03-2008, 06:36 PM
I've been busy this week, finishing Army of Two and almost pre-ordering GTA IV, setting up a PS3 clan for TF2 right now. So anyway I don't been to be flamed or called 'omgnub' but I wanted to ask this very delicate question.

http://kotaku.com/tag/rrod/

When a 360 has a problem, or can't seem to work it get's the infamous red rings of death

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/08/DSCF9085.JPG

This has been ongoing for almost like since the dawn of time. Microsoft once said ''hay we didnt no so soz'', then the next minute they say ''We've know about this problem for a while''.

Back last year it costed them over 1 million and mabye more , I can't recall, to replace or fix all of the broken Xbox 360s.

So I ask this question today - Who's fault is it? is it Microsoft for being first in line for moneys and rushing with cheap hardware and software, or is it the owner for putting it in a unsafe and dusty place?

I think that mabye Microsoft did do something wrong with the hardware, but not on purpose. Obviously they we're on pressure to get the 360 out so they cut down on a GPU heatsink.

Since these problems surfaced, design modifications have been made to the console to improve reliability. All consoles manufactured after June 2007 have extensive revisions from the earliest units. Modifications include a reduction in the number, size and placement of components, including modifications to the mounting methodology, and a second GPU heatsink to dissipate more heat.

Neil
15-03-2008, 06:49 PM
It's no ones fault, obviously Microsoft are the root of the problem but it's obvious that they didn't do it on purpose, they're not exactly profiting from it so it's obvious they just have a problem that they were not aware of, quite alot of people getting RROD are actually the cause of the problem sometimes aswell, there is more than 1 way to get RROD, the most known problem is probably with the powerbrick which is Microsofts fault but other times people could let the console overheat, don't treat it properly, they fail to plug it in correctly which could give them the lights so "RROD" itself isn't as bad as people make out

Minstrels
15-03-2008, 07:10 PM
It's no ones fault, obviously Microsoft are the root of the problem but it's obvious that they didn't do it on purpose, they're not exactly profiting from it so it's obvious they just have a problem that they were not aware of, quite alot of people getting RROD are actually the cause of the problem sometimes aswell, there is more than 1 way to get RROD, the most known problem is probably with the powerbrick which is Microsofts fault but other times people could let the console overheat, don't treat it properly, they fail to plug it in correctly which could give them the lights so "RROD" itself isn't as bad as people make out
He said it all really...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!