PDA

View Full Version : Worst musician ever!

Thetan
15-03-2008, 09:01 PM
I think Vanilla Ice!

Insedated
15-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Anything death metal

Thetan
15-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Anything death metal

Death metal sucks. Ozzy Osbourne ftw.

brapp
15-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Anything death metal
indeed.

omgitslily
15-03-2008, 09:05 PM
yep same, it's very rare that i can listen to a death metal band and not have to turn them off within 10 seconds. there are a few that aren't completely terrible though.

i can see this thread causing a bit of trouble :rolleyes:

The Undertaker
15-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Pop bands like Steps & S Club 7 & Aqua X.X

Kewl
15-03-2008, 11:43 PM
WORST THREAD EVER

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

xander
15-03-2008, 11:52 PM
the thread was asking who your worst musician is, not what genre you dislike the most. as in what artist(s) do you think are crap/lack musical talent.

Grindie
16-03-2008, 01:00 AM
it's gotta be a manufactured pop artist

Chico is the only on that springs to mind at the moment

Leuven
16-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Aye Probably Chico.

Or S Club, they blow.

RedStratocas
16-03-2008, 02:12 AM
idk. probably europe.

cunning
16-03-2008, 03:14 AM
WORST THREAD EVER
Agree.
--
I don't really like metal

GhostFace-
16-03-2008, 03:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjxPBGYIc8Y

i dont like this that much.

Bef
16-03-2008, 03:24 AM
Me... seriously i suck

partie2
16-03-2008, 01:28 PM
hard choice but off the top of my head james blunt.

e5
16-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I hate stuff like that :(

Energizer
16-03-2008, 01:33 PM
slipknot/korn/system of a down etc etc etc.

FlyingJesus
16-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Def Leppard

RedStratocas
16-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Def Leppard

*nods head*

Swearwolf
16-03-2008, 07:21 PM
worst atm is soulja boy, what a joke

Mitch4?
16-03-2008, 07:33 PM
worst atm is soulja boy, what a joke
funny song though :P
So we crank that, WOAH1!!!!
Cant even understand it =]

samsaBEAR
16-03-2008, 09:48 PM
any metal/death metal/doom mteal/whatever metal band. i really dont like metal.
leona lewis
radiohead, im sorry, but they are really bad imo.
coldplay
and a fair few others i cant think of atm

Swearwolf
16-03-2008, 09:49 PM
i rly also hate like rap and grime n crap like that lol

yido
16-03-2008, 10:02 PM
trivum or what every gayest band in da world

Neversoft
16-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Def Leppard

Holy **** I just had a heart attack.

FlyingJesus
16-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Holy **** I just had a heart attack.

Not likely if you're listening to them, most boring band in the world.

brapp
16-03-2008, 10:17 PM
leona lewis
coldplay
o yh radiohead. they are srsly boring.

Slash
16-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Cannibal Corpse/Bring me the Horizon/stuff like Grime

RedStratocas
16-03-2008, 11:15 PM
o yh radiohead. they are srsly boring.

i dont care if you don't like them or think they're boring, but that doesnt mean they're bad musicians. jonny greenwood is probably the greatest musician (and guitarist) of the past 20 years. he plays virtually every instrument imaginable and is even a composer in residence for the BBC.

PaulMacC
16-03-2008, 11:17 PM
You serious, Slipknot are one of the best bands ever.

Probably Soulja boy or Enter Shikari or w/e

xander
17-03-2008, 06:54 PM
are people just dumb or do they choose to read the question incorrectly? it's asking who the worst musician ever is, as in who has the least talent. not the artist you dislike the most. tools.

LoveHateHero
17-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Cannibal Corpse/Bring me the Horizon/stuff like Grime

BMTH are wkd!

I don't think the lead singer from Billy Tallent can sing at all. He's just some annoying screeching.

brapp
18-03-2008, 08:18 AM
You serious, Slipknot are one of the best bands ever.

Probably Soulja boy or Enter Shikari or w/e
*worst

winner
18-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Lacks musical talent? Yeah I'd probably say Def Leppard or Blink-182, despite them being an awesome band they were really crap musicians.

system of a down is well good. :s

*worst
nope, he said best.

samsaBEAR
18-03-2008, 12:20 PM
BMTH are wkd!

I don't think the lead singer from Billy Tallent can sing at all. He's just some annoying screeching.
im sorry, but i lol'd at this.
i fail to see how you can say the guy from billy talent screeches alot, when you think bring me the horizon are 'wkd'.
oli sykes is a screeching little *****. the best thing about him is his clothing label

velvet
18-03-2008, 01:52 PM
kate nash, i can't stand her.

LoveHateHero
18-03-2008, 01:58 PM
i fail to see how you can say the guy from billy talent screeches alot, when you think bring me the horizon are 'wkd'.
oli sykes is a screeching little *****. the best thing about him is his clothing label

oli doesn't screech, he screams. billy talent dude is just pure annoying.

PaulMacC
18-03-2008, 04:57 PM
yeah, agreed.

agreed

oli doesn't screech, he screams. billy talent dude is just pure annoying.
Billy talent are wicked.

RedStratocas
18-03-2008, 05:44 PM
green day and blink 182 are pretty awful musically, but it's ridiculous to say their songs aren't good.

MattyBoy
18-03-2008, 05:49 PM
HEAVY rock
and i also hate rap and them pop songs like barbie girl (they all get annoying)

My friend loves heavy rock and i have to sit with him when his playing it i wish i could say ' turn that crap off' but his my friend at the end of the day

Decode
18-03-2008, 07:10 PM
James blunt or Mika

ToiletPolice
18-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Hilary Duff. Just, Yuck. No Talent Whatsoever.

Virgin Mary
18-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Milli Vanilli.

Rarelime
18-03-2008, 08:57 PM
David Hasselhoff, the man should never sing again.

chilloutrich
18-03-2008, 10:05 PM
anyone that is saying death metal / metal musicians are talentless havent got a clue about music haha. metal has a great technique to it and is complicated as it is speedy. to the dude who said death metal was crap but then said ozzy osbourne was 'for the win' AHahaha, ozzy osbourne was a strong founder of metal so where did you get that idea from? the dude that said radiohead are rubbish, again you fool. they are one of the most talented bands out there, they are such clever musicians and go into great depth.

anyway,back to the thread. death metal is talentless
HAA, only messing. id say mc devvo and shady piez haha, they are awesome tho.

RedStratocas
18-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Milli Vanilli.

wow, i didn't even think of them. technically, they aren't musicians though, haha.

anyone that is saying death metal / metal musicians are talentless havent got a clue about music haha. metal has a great technique to it and is complicated as it is speedy. to the dude who said death metal was crap but then said ozzy osbourne was 'for the win' AHahaha, ozzy osbourne was a strong founder of metal so where did you get that idea from? the dude that said radiohead are rubbish, again you fool. they are one of the most talented bands out there, they are such clever musicians and go into great depth..

agreed. im certainly not the go to guy for metal, but a lot of metal artists have undeniable talent. i just find some of the stereotypical metal bands these days (i dont think i need to list them) are extremely uncreative; but in no way does that mean they are bad musically. everything fits. and very agreed at the radiohead thing. jonny greenwood is in fact one of the greatest musicians and composers of this generation.

Neil
18-03-2008, 11:40 PM
anyone that is saying death metal / metal musicians are talentless havent got a clue about music haha. metal has a great technique to it and is complicated as it is speedy. to the dude who said death metal was crap but then said ozzy osbourne was 'for the win' AHahaha, ozzy osbourne was a strong founder of metal so where did you get that idea from? the dude that said radiohead are rubbish, again you fool. they are one of the most talented bands out there, they are such clever musicians and go into great depth.

I agree, someone said that SlipKnot are the worst band ever, obviously they haven't actually seen those guys play, they're probably one of the best and most talented bands around, guy because it's loud it doesn't mean it's just randomly smashing drums and playing guitars, Joey Jordison doesn't just hit the drums randomly, I would say he is probably in the top 5 best drummers ever

In my opinion the worst musician ever is 50 Cent, can't stand his music xD

Slowpoke
18-03-2008, 11:52 PM
all the artists that MC. how dare they even claim it to be music.

RedStratocas
19-03-2008, 05:47 PM

then what is your definition of music exactly?

omgitslily
19-03-2008, 05:54 PM
i told you this would cause conflict!

i think this should be the one thread where people are actually allowed to say what bands they hate (well obviously..) without an argument starting. it's the point of the thread anyway :| pff.

hm i hate lost prophets, good charlotte and fall out boy's new stuff.
really don't like muse either.

cocaine
19-03-2008, 05:58 PM
green day and blink 182 are pretty awful musically, but it's ridiculous to say their songs aren't good.

green day was probably one of the best bands around. they havent released an album since 2004 though.

RedStratocas
19-03-2008, 06:04 PM
green day was probably one of the best bands around. they havent released an album since 2004 though.

don't talk to me about how good green day is! dookie is one of my favorite albums ever.

FlyingJesus
19-03-2008, 06:05 PM

How dare you claim it isn't? You clearly know nothing of music.

cocaine
19-03-2008, 06:09 PM
don't talk to me about how good green day is! dookie is one of my favorite albums ever.

eh? then how are they musically awful lol?

xander
19-03-2008, 06:26 PM
eh? then how are they musically awful lol?
i'm assuming he's referring to how simple the chords(on guitar/bass) are to play, as they aren't difficult. however green day have a good drummer & blink 182 had an excellent drummer. so i guess he means they aren't that talented musically, but they made good songs/albums.

Yidiyot
19-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Rap sucks </3
Hip Hop sucks </3
Everything minus rock sucks tbh </3

FlyingJesus
19-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Rap sucks </3
Hip Hop sucks </3

Get out.

RedStratocas
19-03-2008, 06:35 PM
i'm assuming he's referring to how simple the chords(on guitar/bass) are to play, as they aren't difficult. however green day have a good drummer & blink 182 had an excellent drummer. so i guess he means they aren't that talented musically, but they made good songs/albums.

pretty much. i think people are misunderstanding the thread. it's about who is really bad at the process of making music (i.e. they suck at their instrument). not "[band here] is too heavy!".

Rap sucks </3
Hip Hop sucks </3

it's a shame you're a dj. i'd hate to hear music from someone who thinks like that. djs are supposed to be very open minded.

xander
19-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Rap sucks </3
Hip Hop sucks </3
What a helmet! Expand your music taste, there's more to life than rock music. 'GOTH!!!'

pretty much. i think people are misunderstanding the thread. it's about who is really bad at the process of making music (i.e. they suck at their instrument).

exactly. i've tried explaining that the thread is to ask who lacks musical talent, not whether they dislike their music or whatever, but some people don't seem to listen!

Yidiyot
19-03-2008, 07:11 PM
pretty much. i think people are misunderstanding the thread. it's about who is really bad at the process of making music (i.e. they suck at their instrument). not "[band here] is too heavy!".

it's a shame you're a dj. i'd hate to hear music from someone who thinks like that. djs are supposed to be very open minded.

Just because i don't like particular genres, does NOT mean that I play my own preference every time i am on air.

What a helmet! Expand your music taste, there's more to life than rock music. 'GOTH!!!'Again, just because I say I like rock does not mean I am a goth or any other ridiculous classification. I know very well there are other different music genres and i meant that GENERALLY rap and hip hop suck. Doesn't mean I am not open to other music genres, it just means I don't like most of what is produced in that area.

Pyroka
19-03-2008, 07:35 PM
nothings bad rly.

except s club 7 juniors. no i do not want to get automatic ******* high. you can tell they're in a pop band, they're already trying to get high.

chilloutrich
19-03-2008, 10:19 PM
wow, i didn't even think of them. technically, they aren't musicians though, haha.

agreed. im certainly not the go to guy for metal, but a lot of metal artists have undeniable talent. i just find some of the stereotypical metal bands these days (i dont think i need to list them) are extremely uncreative; but in no way does that mean they are bad musically. everything fits. and very agreed at the radiohead thing. jonny greenwood is in fact one of the greatest musicians and composers of this generation.
AMEN TO THAT

Misawa
20-03-2008, 02:12 AM
- All rap artists
- Paris Hilton
- Slipknot
- All indie bands
- Aqua
- Cannibal Corpse

le harry
20-03-2008, 01:18 PM
- All rap artists
- Paris Hilton
- Slipknot
- All indie bands
- Aqua
- Cannibal Corpse

How can you possibly say that Eminem or Slipknot are talentless? Ugh, get out.

Yidiyot
20-03-2008, 01:47 PM
How can you possibly say that Eminem or Slipknot are talentless? Ugh, get out.

Eminem is completely talentless. Slipknot can be questionable.

John!
20-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Tay Zonday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjD6iigdB-g

Don't diss his shoes.

FlyingJesus
20-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Eminem is completely talentless. Slipknot can be questionable.

I'm not a massive fan of Eminem but could you possibly say why you believe rap "sucks" so much? There is clearly a lot of talent in the industry.

Virgin Mary
20-03-2008, 03:32 PM
A lot of indie band singers can't really sing, though I guess that's why they're indie-pendent or whatever.

Ras
20-03-2008, 04:04 PM
TOKIO HOTEL EW!

RedStratocas
20-03-2008, 05:40 PM
- All indie bands

indie is such a broad range of music, there is no way you can say every single one of them is bad. it would be like saying "candy is bad" -- there is such a wide range of it, there's no way you've had all of it, and the definition itself is so loose.

A lot of indie band singers can't really sing, though I guess that's why they're indie-pendent or whatever.

some people, like me, are sick of pretty voices. i can certainly listen to people who have them, but bands with singers who have unique voices are way more interesting (deerhoof, clap your hands say yeah, modest mouse etc).

Geraint
20-03-2008, 10:08 PM
My Chemical Romance and Crazy Frog, although he isn't really a musician.

samsaBEAR
20-03-2008, 10:24 PM
- All rap artists
- Paris Hilton
- Slipknot
- All indie bands
- Aqua
- Cannibal Corpse
i dont really like either, slipknot especially, but you cannot deny that they both have amazing talent

YoManGo!
21-03-2008, 11:47 AM
errrrr. it's hard to say a musician
i'm going to list fat wreck chords as a label
coz as soon as a band signs to them they always become a bit awful

Jõnathan
21-03-2008, 12:36 PM
errrrr. it's hard to say a musician
i'm going to list fat wreck chords as a label
coz as soon as a band signs to them they always become a bit awful
defo agree there with Fat Wreck Chords - The Soviettes' last album was with them, and it's noticeably worse than the earlier two, which were released on Adeline.

YoManGo!
21-03-2008, 08:49 PM
defo agree there with Fat Wreck Chords - The Soviettes' last album was with them, and it's noticeably worse than the earlier two, which were released on Adeline.

true say bruv
the biggest change is against me! =/

Yidiyot
28-03-2008, 10:08 PM
I just don't believe that what Eminem and other rap artists produce is music. It is merely a string of swear words (in my OWN opinion) which is not what I call music. Now, I KNOW my music taste SEEMS to be quite closed, but it is not. I do not just indulge in listening to 'gothic rock' music day in day out; but rather listen to a wide mix. I just don't listen to Rap and Hip Hop - it annoys me. I fully understand that different people like different things and accept the fact that not only 'gothic rock' exists. I am very open when it comes to MOST music - but everyone has their likes and dislikes.

I don't know if this helps very much.

I'm not a massive fan of Eminem but could you possibly say why you believe rap "sucks" so much? There is clearly a lot of talent in the industry.

Blah-Compac
28-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Would probably say MychemicalRomance or Slipknot, they both make me cringe. :)
OR
TheSugababes.

Andys
28-03-2008, 10:35 PM
anyone that is saying death metal / metal musicians are talentless havent got a clue about music haha. metal has a great technique to it and is complicated as it is speedy. to the dude who said death metal was crap but then said ozzy osbourne was 'for the win' AHahaha, ozzy osbourne was a strong founder of metal so where did you get that idea from?
I really couldn't agree with you more.
Metal is AWSOME!

Anyway probably Aqua or S club 7 or something like that haha.

The Undertaker
28-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Pop bands like Steps & S Club 7 & Aqua X.X
Scratch that
Samanda :l -cringe-

Rixion
28-03-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't like that duffy

Xeck
29-03-2008, 09:24 AM
I don't like that duffy

Agreed. Others for me are Kate Nash and Soulja Boy.

Neil
29-03-2008, 10:10 AM
I just don't believe that what Eminem and other rap artists produce is music. It is merely a string of swear words (in my OWN opinion) which is not what I call music. Now, I KNOW my music taste SEEMS to be quite closed, but it is not. I do not just indulge in listening to 'gothic rock' music day in day out; but rather listen to a wide mix. I just don't listen to Rap and Hip Hop - it annoys me. I fully understand that different people like different things and accept the fact that not only 'gothic rock' exists. I am very open when it comes to MOST music - but everyone has their likes and dislikes.

I don't know if this helps very much.

Exactly, you can tell if someone doesn't know anything about music if you say you listen to rock more than anything, if they call you a goth they obviously know nothing, unless goths listen to country rock :rolleyes:

When it comes to music I generally dislike genres like hip-hop, rap and RnB, as a genre I don't like any of them but there are some artists within the genres that are bareable, Eminem is a really good rap artist, I like his music because it's pretty different from everything else, all other rap is normally about being dumped, having to kill someone, something related to sex or a song about a fallen comrade, some rap does branch off a bit but generally most of the songs will be about one of those things

With rock you can't say someone is a goth because they like rock, there are so many different types of rock that it just looks stupid, Queen would come under classic rock but they're not gothic, Nickelback would probably come down as country rock, not gothic either, it's pretty sad that everyone that prefers rock is instantly a goth because of it, same thing for metal, admittedly metal is more gothic, not all metal, I've heard of Christian metal bands which sounds odd but it's just proof it's not a gothic genre of music, I get called a goth alot because I like SlipKnoT, why? Because they "scream" they're instantly a band for goths or emos, why can't they just be a band? Why does every band someone listens to instantly tag them as an emo, a chav, a goth?

It's really sad because I'll listen to just about anything, classical music, rap, rock, metal, RnB, indie, and just because I prefer metal and rock that means I'm a goth, I wonder if most people even know the definition of goth :rolleyes:
I mean yea I wear black clothes but that's what I like, I don't wear make up, I don't act all depressed for god knows what reason, I am just a normal person with my own tastes, liking a specific type of music shouldn't instantly give you a label

Yidiyot
29-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Exactly, you can tell if someone doesn't know anything about music if you say you listen to rock more than anything, if they call you a goth they obviously know nothing, unless goths listen to country rock :rolleyes:

When it comes to music I generally dislike genres like hip-hop, rap and RnB, as a genre I don't like any of them but there are some artists within the genres that are bareable, Eminem is a really good rap artist, I like his music because it's pretty different from everything else, all other rap is normally about being dumped, having to kill someone, something related to sex or a song about a fallen comrade, some rap does branch off a bit but generally most of the songs will be about one of those things

With rock you can't say someone is a goth because they like rock, there are so many different types of rock that it just looks stupid, Queen would come under classic rock but they're not gothic, Nickelback would probably come down as country rock, not gothic either, it's pretty sad that everyone that prefers rock is instantly a goth because of it, same thing for metal, admittedly metal is more gothic, not all metal, I've heard of Christian metal bands which sounds odd but it's just proof it's not a gothic genre of music, I get called a goth alot because I like SlipKnoT, why? Because they "scream" they're instantly a band for goths or emos, why can't they just be a band? Why does every band someone listens to instantly tag them as an emo, a chav, a goth?

It's really sad because I'll listen to just about anything, classical music, rap, rock, metal, RnB, indie, and just because I prefer metal and rock that means I'm a goth, I wonder if most people even know the definition of goth :rolleyes:
I mean yea I wear black clothes but that's what I like, I don't wear make up, I don't act all depressed for god knows what reason, I am just a normal person with my own tastes, liking a specific type of music shouldn't instantly give you a label

*Applauds* well said! I will listen to almost anything as well. Some people mistook my earlier post to mean i listen to only Rock and Metal. They are my preference. I wear black because it's a colour that suits me. I do not wear make-up. I am not a manic depressive. Thus, I'm a 'goth' by nature to some - but not by appearance. Labels are very sad indeed.

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
29-03-2008, 11:07 AM
No Britney Spears

She Should Just Roll Over And Die

She Just An Attention Seeker

I Hate britney spears

grrr

RedStratocas
29-03-2008, 11:37 AM
rock is overrated.

i hate how people say "rap isn't music" like "music" is some sort of club and they're not allowed to join. even if it wasn't music (it actually is) i would still listen to it.

Virgin Mary
29-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Rapping is vocalising lyrics in a structured, continuous manner, thus music.

Thetan
29-03-2008, 05:00 PM
I like metal, but none of this nu metal crap (slipknot, limp bizkit, Korn)

While I personally do not like this new mainstream rap, I do like Tupac.
Personally I find only posers say rap isn't music.

Thetan
29-03-2008, 05:04 PM

Actually, Metal is my favourite genre, but Death Metal is my least favourite of rock. Alot of metalheads say stuff like "Metal is about gore and chainsaws and stuff" and I laugh because they are so lame and they dont even know who Ozzy is.

HEAVY rock
and i also hate rap and them pop songs like barbie girl (they all get annoying)

My friend loves heavy rock and i have to sit with him when his playing it i wish i could say ' turn that crap off' but his my friend at the end of the day

Lol at saying heavy rock sucks. My chemical romance sucks, if you played that in my house I would kick you out.

FlyingJesus
29-03-2008, 05:16 PM
I just don't believe that what Eminem and other rap artists produce is music. It is merely a string of swear words (in my OWN opinion) which is not what I call music. Now, I KNOW my music taste SEEMS to be quite closed, but it is not.

That's not opinion, it's ignorance. Rap is not by any means "a string of swear words" and many rap songs don't even swear. Further to the point, a LOT of rock music contains expletives, so saying that swearing makes something not musical somehow is a self defeating point to bring up.

Oh goody, more ignorance. Eminem's material is not that much different to that of other rap artists other than because he had a different upbringing and leads a different lifestyle. Also your generalisation of what rap music is about shows that you don't listen to it and are picking up on what you're told, as some of the most moving pieces of lyrical work come from hip hop. Please, try to name a subject that rock music covers which isn't rapped about, it'll be amusing.

While I personally do not like this new mainstream rap, I do like Tupac.

You don't get much more mainstream than Tupac lol, and if you actually like him there are plenty of other rap artists that you'd enjoy listening to.

omgitslily
29-03-2008, 07:28 PM
No Britney Spears

I Hate britney spears

grrr

lol at that.

she has had some good songs, but her as a person = erg.

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
29-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Yer Her songs not so bad

but shes an extremely bad parent and an even worse role model, shaving her hair off= very angry parents after there teenage daughters shaved there hair off

Not good

Thetan
29-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Yer Her songs not so bad

but shes an extremely bad parent and an even worse role model, shaving her hair off= very angry parents after there teenage daughters shaved there hair off

Not good

Well, Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off of a dove, and killed 20 of his familys cats, but that doesnt make him the worst musician ever. Infact, he ranks up on my top five with Queen, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Black sabbath, and Ozzy Osbourne. Ozzy was good in both bands, but I like his singing better in his own band.

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
29-03-2008, 08:11 PM
yes when a drugged up amazingly famou rockstar does it its a beautifull thing everyone laughs and thinks better of him

when some melodromatic attention seeking popstar does it

its wrong

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
29-03-2008, 08:14 PM
and he didnt drop his child, check into reehab then strait back out, smash his car up (loads of times), shave his hair off or get married too a tonne of people and get divorced the next day

Neil
29-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Oh goody, more ignorance. Eminem's material is not that much different to that of other rap artists other than because he had a different upbringing and leads a different lifestyle. Also your generalisation of what rap music is about shows that you don't listen to it and are picking up on what you're told, as some of the most moving pieces of lyrical work come from hip hop. Please, try to name a subject that rock music covers which isn't rapped about, it'll be amusing..

Don't you dare tell me what I have and haven't listened to, you don't know what I listen to so don't go acting all smart and thinking I'm TOLD it sucks so I just believe it, you may be like that but I'm not, I wont say something sucks until I hear, see or experience it myself

The problem with most rap is it's all the same, not lyrically and not in the same style but they all sing about the same with then have the odd song that's just them talking about random rubbish like "Window Shopper" wow....A song about how rich 50 Cent is...Just what people care about...
And yes I know some rock songs are pointless but every genre will have stupid songs but I've not heard one about them saying how they have enough money to buy a $400 burger :rolleyes:

FlyingJesus
30-03-2008, 03:25 AM
Don't you dare tell me what I have and haven't listened to, you don't know what I listen to so don't go acting all smart and thinking I'm TOLD it sucks so I just believe it, you may be like that but I'm not, I wont say something sucks until I hear, see or experience it myself

Well I think I will say that based on what you've put in the rest of your post actually.

The problem with most rap is it's all the same, not lyrically and not in the same style but they all sing about the same with then have the odd song that's just them talking about random rubbish like "Window Shopper" wow....A song about how rich 50 Cent is...Just what people care about...
And yes I know some rock songs are pointless but every genre will have stupid songs but I've not heard one about them saying how they have enough money to buy a $400 burger :rolleyes:

If not lyrically or stylistically I'll assume you're still on about the subject matter of the songs, which is actually to do with lyrics but you don't seem too smart on the subject. Again, in that case, you're showing your ignorance by saying that all rap songs are about the same thing, which is entirely untrue. Many of the songs are about their riches, yes, but usually because it's something they're proud of and it's overcoming the poverty they were born in, so yeah people do care about it. With this in mind, also note that this is not what the majority of rap songs are about - a fair amount are to do with women (a popular subject in any music), personal struggle (also a popular subject) and a very large amount are to do with the artist's views on certain topical subjects.

You sir, are wrong.

Thetan
30-03-2008, 03:30 PM
That's not opinion, it's ignorance. Rap is not by any means "a string of swear words" and many rap songs don't even swear. Further to the point, a LOT of rock music contains expletives, so saying that swearing makes something not musical somehow is a self defeating point to bring up.

Oh goody, more ignorance. Eminem's material is not that much different to that of other rap artists other than because he had a different upbringing and leads a different lifestyle. Also your generalisation of what rap music is about shows that you don't listen to it and are picking up on what you're told, as some of the most moving pieces of lyrical work come from hip hop. Please, try to name a subject that rock music covers which isn't rapped about, it'll be amusing.

You don't get much more mainstream than Tupac lol, and if you actually like him there are plenty of other rap artists that you'd enjoy listening to.

I meant like Soulja boy, g unit.

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
30-03-2008, 03:33 PM
rap isnt singing its just someone talking fast to some beats and artifiacial music madeon a keyboard
i like real music with guitars, drums and actuall singing and lyrics that mean something

YoManGo!
30-03-2008, 05:06 PM
rap isnt singing its just someone talking fast to some beats and artifiacial music madeon a keyboard
i like real music with guitars, drums and actuall singing and lyrics that mean something

what about rappers that use guitars and drums? also listen to brenda's got a baby by 2pac and tell me that the lyrics don't mean something. you won't do that of course, coz you're probably another KERRANG ROCKS!!! kid who listens to the worst form of manufactured, re-packaged poprock and nu-metal on repeat. my heart goes out to you.

leah
30-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Hmm Cheeky Girls Can't sing :P

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
30-03-2008, 06:55 PM
we are the cheecky girls
we are the cheecky girls,
you are the cheecky boys
you are the cheecky boyz.

Dont tell me that isnt a classic

RedStratocas
30-03-2008, 07:37 PM

explain to me what "artificial music" is.

a lot of rap artists use instruments. listen to the roots, they're a huge band.

Virgin Mary
30-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Saying that is like me saying rock isn't real music because they don't have 5 octave ranges, belt high notes in chest voice, go into whistle register or riff every other syllable.

Thetan
31-03-2008, 02:00 AM
I don't like it when people say rap has no meaning, because alot of it does, but alot of it doesn't. Soulja boy has virtually no meaning, like you can listen to it, and you only think of the dance. While someone like Tupac, you listen and you understand what he is saying. Alot of rock does not have meaning either. I have heard lots of rock songs about sex and drugs, but they are still good songs. I am personally a huge classic/metal rock fan, but I have respect for Rap music, even though 50 cent sucks.

c[__]
31-03-2008, 04:48 AM
Shows that you don't listen to rap then.

Simmzay
31-03-2008, 05:10 AM
Mainstream rap != proper rap.

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
31-03-2008, 01:46 PM
i do agree with tupac his music has a lot of soul and meaning

but most rap now is about women and the things you do with them (no not scrabble *coughs*)

but with rock it all has meaning be it drugs, alchohol, yes some women and lots of other things, example nickelback-rockstar

well thats just my view

risque
31-03-2008, 03:23 PM
leona lewis
coldplay

I don't know how you can say that she is one of the worst musicians ever? To say she's a poor musician and to say that 'Does It Offend You, Yeah?' are good is ridiculous. They're ****.

Agreed. Cobra Starship are wicked too.

I don't like that duffy
Why? She has an amazing range of vocals.

No Britney Spears

I Hate britney spears

grrr
Oh please, just shush.

and he didnt drop his child, check into reehab then strait back out, smash his car up (loads of times), shave his hair off or get married too a tonne of people and get divorced the next day
She nearly dropped her child because she was being mobbed my the paparazzi and was carrying other important things (Starbucks to be exact), she didn't smash her own car up loads of times, and she got married to one person then divorced him the next morning. Your argument fails.

Saying that is like me saying rock isn't real music because they don't have 5 octave ranges, belt high notes in chest voice, go into whistle register or riff every other syllable.
Preach.

RedStratocas
31-03-2008, 05:56 PM
I don't know how you can say that she is one of the worst musicians ever? To say she's a poor musician and to say that 'Does It Offend You, Yeah?' are good is ridiculous. They're ****.

agreed & lol @ the part about does it offend you, yeah? i heard some of their songs and cracked up at how god awful they were.

Hopeless
31-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Worst Artist/Musician has to be akon

he isn't a musician... you can hear in every single one of his songs where his voice has been edited to the max to make it sound in tune.

Hopeless
31-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Also Kate nash.. also another bad musician...

Chorus for one of her songs:
"i have a family,
and i drink cup's of tea"

enough said.

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
31-03-2008, 07:02 PM
lol im kate nash i ave a familly and i drink cups of tea

omg ur right really bad

sizz
02-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Easily Guns n Roses, it is so lame and old. Theres maybe one song i like, and thats a remix.

RedStratocas
02-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Easily Guns n Roses, it is so lame and old. Theres maybe one song i like, and thats a remix.

haha, true. one of the most overrated bands of all time, really. i dont hate slash and the band members, but i want to kick axl's teeth in.

Cypher-
02-04-2008, 04:49 PM
chico/cheeky girls/jennifer lopez/robbie williams.. i could go on all day!

FlyingJesus
02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Robbie Williams is an excellent musician, how can you put him in the same category at all? :S

Cypher-
02-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Robbie Williams is an excellent musician, how can you put him in the same category at all? :S

It just annoys me how he has shot to fame yet cant string a song together, he doesnt write his own suff and he isnt even that good of a singer. Its all commercial appeal to do with him.

Blinger1
03-04-2008, 10:51 AM

If you have seen the MTV cribs of his house, he is the most arrogant ****head you will ever see.

FlyingJesus
03-04-2008, 12:03 PM
He was always arrogant yeah, and why not when he's as successful as he is? If I had his money and fame I'd be even worse than I already am lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!