PDA

View Full Version : Some questions..

micky.blue.eyes
18-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Hey all,

I'm thinking of starting WoW, I've already downloaded the free trial and I really enjoy it (way more than RuneScape :P).

Anyway, there are 2 boxes, an alliance and a horde box I assume. Is there a difference between the 2? Or is the only difference the picture on the box?

Is it worth buying the Burning Crusade expension as a noob? :P

A box can only be used once right? (Can't install it on 2 computers?)

Any other tips? :P

Thanks

Neil
18-03-2008, 02:24 PM
No difference between the boxes

As a noob BC would only be worth it to play as Blood Elves and Draeni, getting only really depends on if you plan to play as either of those really, until you get higher that is anyway

You can install it on multiple computers but you only have 1 CD key so you can only have one account so if you have a home computer you can install it on that but if you have another computer at a relatives house you can install it on that and play from there aswell

micky.blue.eyes
18-03-2008, 02:26 PM
No difference between the boxes

As a noob BC would only be worth it to play as Blood Elves and Draeni, getting only really depends on if you plan to play as either of those really, until you get higher that is anyway

You can install it on multiple computers but you only have 1 CD key so you can only have one account so if you have a home computer you can install it on that but if you have another computer at a relatives house you can install it on that and play from there aswell

Thanks. :D So if my brothers want to play it aswell I have to buy the CD + 2 of those monthly membership thingymabobs.

TehJoshy
18-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Its one CD key per account.

You can install the client on as many computers as you like. but the CD Key only works with one genuine account. if you want your brothers to play on your account thats fine, otherwise you need to buy another copy of the game and make an account for your brothers :).

And if you want to buy the retail version i would recommend http://www.game.co.uk/PC/RolePlaying/MassivelyMultiplayer/~r332650/World-of-Warcraft-Battlechest/
From Game. both the original and the expansion for under £20 :).

Neil
18-03-2008, 02:46 PM

You can install the client on as many computers as you like. but the CD Key only works with one genuine account. if you want your brothers to play on your account thats fine, otherwise you need to buy another key and make an account for your brothers :).

And if you want to buy the retail version i would recommend http://www.game.co.uk/PC/RolePlaying/MassivelyMultiplayer/~r332650/World-of-Warcraft-Battlechest/
From Game. both the original and the expansion for under £20 :).

You have to buy another copy of the game to get a new CD key don't you? xD Pretty stupid...Blizzard should put a "purchase CD key" thing on the sites

J1MI
18-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Woo Micky's joining WoW. :)

Play on Kilrogg server or I won't be happy.

Do you know what class / race you will choose? If you need any help with your decision, ask! :)

Charleshi
18-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey Micky! (It's Charles here (Humble_C lolol))

Agree with Jimi, play on Kilrogg, you got the oldschool RS players there :>

j
18-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah Micky, if you play on Kilrogg you can burn my house down. I sleep at the top of Goldshire pub^^

And choose Alliance, the difference between the two sides, if I stepped into a Horde town all their town guards would attack me and such.

It's worth buying TBC, from level 20-60 it's 30% less exp, and then you get to hit Outlands which you need the expansion for at level 58 :D

J1MI
18-03-2008, 05:46 PM
What ever you do, don't roll a hunter.

micky.blue.eyes
18-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah Micky, if you play on Kilrogg you can burn my house down. I sleep at the top of Goldshire pub^^

And choose Alliance, the difference between the two sides, if I stepped into a Horde town all their town guards would attack me and such.

It's worth buying TBC, from level 20-60 it's 30% less exp, and then you get to hit Outlands which you need the expansion for at level 58 :D

Wooo! Now I only need to find out where Goldshire pub is. :P

Hey Micky! (It's Charles here (Humble_C lolol))

Agree with Jimi, play on Kilrogg, you got the oldschool RS players there :>

Ye, Jamie told me that aswell. :D Good to see you again. :D

Woo Micky's joining WoW. :)

Play on Kilrogg server or I won't be happy.

Do you know what class / race you will choose? If you need any help with your decision, ask! :)

I've made a rogue high elve with my free trial, probably sticking with it. Level 5 ftw! lmao

j
18-03-2008, 06:57 PM
http://www.thottbot.com for help with quests.

Don't grind out for levels like on RuneScape, questing is a hell lot easier and better.

J1MI
18-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Rogue - Destined to be hated by all in PvP. Easy to level, very useful in 5mans, not many downsides really, except its a one way road with specs, your there to mangle mobs nothing else.

Tristan
18-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Your brothers could play on your account. Only when you wouldn't be playing though, of course.
On your account you create characters, so you could have your personal account but have a character for yourself created, and one each for your brothers too.
You just wouldn't be able to play at the same time.

j
18-03-2008, 07:15 PM
You can make 8 characters per Realm ;)

Rashelly
18-03-2008, 08:52 PM

You can install the client on as many computers as you like. but the CD Key only works with one genuine account. if you want your brothers to play on your account thats fine, otherwise you need to buy another copy of the game and make an account for your brothers :).

You don't need to buy another copy of the game, you can just get a free 10 day trial, and then upgrade to members from the website...You don't even need the game, you can download it. That's how I got my first account.
Unless they changed it... :o
Mickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! !!! !!!! !!!!!
Kilrogg EU please <3

Nemo
18-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Wooo! Now I only need to find out where Goldshire pub is. :P

Ye, Jamie told me that aswell. :D Good to see you again. :D

I've made a rogue high elve with my free trial, probably sticking with it. Level 5 ftw! lmao
***lux. You copied me! I started off with a rogue nelf and got it to lvl 5, then i changed to kilrogg and made a gnome mage =D

micky.blue.eyes
19-03-2008, 09:23 AM
http://www.thottbot.com for help with quests.

Don't grind out for levels like on RuneScape, questing is a hell lot easier and better.

Ye, questing is more fun anyway.

Rogue - Destined to be hated by all in PvP. Easy to level, very useful in 5mans, not many downsides really, except its a one way road with specs, your there to mangle mobs nothing else.

Probably going for a Druid instead because they can shapeshit. :P Are they good? :P

***lux. You copied me! I started off with a rogue nelf and got it to lvl 5, then i changed to kilrogg and made a gnome mage =D

Lol, I want copy your gnome though. :P They're too tiny.

You don't need to buy another copy of the game, you can just get a free 10 day trial, and then upgrade to members from the website...You don't even need the game, you can download it. That's how I got my first account.
Unless they changed it... :o
Mickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! !!! !!!! !!!!!
Kilrogg EU please <3

:O You're still alive! And on habboxforum! Omg! :P
And ye, Kilrogg EU ftw. :P

Rashelly
19-03-2008, 10:53 AM
:O You're still alive! And on habboxforum! Omg! :P
And ye, Kilrogg EU ftw. :P
Yessssss, I went back to WoW like 2-3 months ago!
What's your character name?

micky.blue.eyes
19-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Yessssss, I went back to WoW like 2-3 months ago!
What's your character name?

For some reason I can only see English, Spanish, French and German servers. :s
Hopefully the EU servers will be back soon, otherwise I'll just continue on the English Kilrogg server. =(
My name is Faradomir (couldn't think of anything original and there was no name creator :S)

Edit: Lmao, I just noticed that I forgot an 'f' in shapeshift in my previous post. Oops.

j
19-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Your best bet will probably be a Druid, they can tank like a warrior heal like a priest and such. They basically have a bit of each skill and moonkin form is pretty cool.

Nemo
19-03-2008, 04:07 PM
For some reason I can only see English, Spanish, French and German servers. :s
Hopefully the EU servers will be back soon, otherwise I'll just continue on the English Kilrogg server. =(
My name is Faradomir (couldn't think of anything original and there was no name creator :S)

Edit: Lmao, I just noticed that I forgot an 'f' in shapeshift in my previous post. Oops.Druids are great, but i woudlnt really recommend them as a first class, i guess you gotta know the game a bit, or just learn it fast.

Benjiwenji1_old
19-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Lol micky theres no tab saying "europe" its just english so your already on the same server and btw mind out on thottbot because it carries viruses and keyloggers

Charly
19-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Lol micky theres no tab saying "europe" its just english so your already on the same server and btw mind out on thottbot because it carries viruses and keyloggers

lol wth you on about?
you obviously been going on some other sites because everyone i know hasn't been affected by these keyloggers n viruses on thottbot that you say?

Benjiwenji1_old
19-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Some banners on there contain viruses and keyloggers, all world of warcraft websites have been going on about it :s

Charly
19-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Some banners on there contain viruses and keyloggers, all world of warcraft websites have been going on about it :s

who clicks on the banners on thottbot? Do you? xD
i don't see the point all its advertising is the guides that
are not very useful :P

Benjiwenji1_old
20-03-2008, 10:48 AM
No, if theres a banner on one of the pages your viewing

Charly
20-03-2008, 06:33 PM
lol i never get any viruses from it ;]
theres always that iDemise guide xD

Wig44.
20-03-2008, 07:20 PM
**! You can only get a virus if you navigate to the advertised page e.g click the banner /end nerd fit

Thott is fine. best for quests but I like wowwiki for a quick brush up on a new area and finding quest hubs and for talent builds for your characters. Also wowwiki has lore and history about wow. Find out about stuff about the game that you really do not need to know except if you like that lore stuff.
Wow-pro has jame's guide but I'm sure decapitated has posted brian kopps and joana's alliance and horde leveling guides.
Wow-pro alo has a load of other good guides on it about warcraft and such

http://www.thottbot.com/
http://www.wowwiki.com/
http://www.wow-pro.com/

Have fun,
Will.
Willshammy of kilrogg eu :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!