PDA

View Full Version : Tea & crumpets

Callum.
20-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Does anyone get loads of Americans saying it loads? I've found it's mostly on cod4, it's hilarious, but so annoying.

benjamin
20-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Yep, and if I say I'm from Oxford they usually bring up Cambridge Uni :S

GhostFace-
20-03-2008, 10:31 PM
are they mocking the British o.o?

brandon
20-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Some American kid told me go to drink some tea.
I was so offended.

yido
20-03-2008, 10:33 PM
lol fif u ever play with me i can merk usa ppl easy ask bren

bizzle
20-03-2008, 10:33 PM
i told them to eat some burgers

Azul
20-03-2008, 10:35 PM
I find it laughable when they try and use that as an insult. I adore both tea and crumpets so i'd happily go eat some.

Callum.
20-03-2008, 10:36 PM
I find it laughable when they try and use that as an insult. I adore both tea and crumpets so i'd happily go eat some.

Haha yes, but it's like, I never knew crumpets were such a part of Britain? "Go eat your crumpets british...."

GhostFace-
20-03-2008, 10:39 PM
what are crumpets ?

United.Road
20-03-2008, 10:39 PM
greco likes americans
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q8COB-DM1ro

Pyroka
20-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Yep, and if I say I'm from Oxford they usually bring up Cambridge Uni :S

lawl, i bet they think texas is in canada now.

yknow, when i always play with them theyre like "OMG U R BRIITIIIISH? OMG OMG, ER... SAY SOMETHING LOL, YEAH, SAY ERM 'JOLLY GOOD SHOW'" and im like *mutes mic* GO DIE GO DIE GO DIEEEEEEEE.

GhostFace-
20-03-2008, 10:42 PM
lawl, i bet they think texas is in canada now.

yknow, when i always play with them theyre like "OMG U R BRIITIIIISH? OMG OMG, ER... SAY SOMETHING LOL, YEAH, SAY ERM 'JOLLY GOOD SHOW'" and im like *mutes mic* GO DIE GO DIE GO DIEEEEEEEE.

that may be some kids but not me, im American and im not an idiot. o.o

brandon
20-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Don't worry we know you are not. :)

Pyroka
20-03-2008, 10:44 PM

MOST OF THEM DO. IT SUCKS. :( theyre usually middleaged men too, sadly.

benjamin
20-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Why did this get moved to spam..?

Neil
20-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Crumpets are great how is eating them meant to be any form of an insult? xD

GhostFace-
20-03-2008, 10:51 PM
sadly some kids get too overexcited about video games, and once they see a foreigner they go ballistic because they met a British teen without leaving their room, so they play more and more and more and more.

what are crumpets xP?

Edited by LucasAge (Forum Super Moderator): Post merged.

Pyroka
20-03-2008, 10:51 PM
no, go on gears ranked matches as an englishman, you will never hear the end of it.

especially the ones who aint even in puberty yet, god damnit they hurt my ears.

Callum.
20-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Got moved back :).

I played against a 9 year old last night, he constantly repeated "go drink tea" over and over. Then his dad was on the mic going "British *cigarettes*"

Neil
20-03-2008, 10:59 PM
what are crumpets xP?

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/465936/2/istockphoto_465936_toasting_crumpets.jpg

Probably the english equivilent to pop tarts, but we have them here aswell xD

They're nice and go good with just about everything, especially jam and butter xD

GhostFace-
20-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Got moved back :).

I played against a 9 year old last night, he constantly repeated "go drink tea" over and over. Then his dad was on the mic going "British *cigarettes*"

i hate when your playing little kids then they get first and start yelling about them being so good. and calling me a noob, its like wow your good at vidoe games -.-

Lubricant
20-03-2008, 11:12 PM
When they ask where I live, they automaticly think I'm posh and got a rich family =S. They're soo stereotypical when it comes to doing british accents. Same with us to them really.

awelsh
21-03-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/465936/2/istockphoto_465936_toasting_crumpets.jpg

Probably the english equivilent to pop tarts, but we have them here aswell xD

They're nice and go good with just about everything, especially jam and butter xD

syrup is lush on them :)

I havent had that thrown at me yet, ive got some like 30year old man going "go get a life, go outside" so then the whole clan of us just shouts back at why hes about 30 and telling us to get a life :P and also we get some wannabe ganstas who contantly swear and go "im gunna *Text Removed* kill yo"

Edited by LucasAge (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not use inappropriate language/avoid the filter on the forum.

Oleh
21-03-2008, 08:35 PM
I usually get "Go brush your teeth" or "Go back to hogwarts" so i just reply with the emergency service number and usually they shut up (You know what i meen most of you)

Ashley 12344
21-03-2008, 09:01 PM

You actually can't beat crumpets and a brew.
I could live on crumpets... in fact I'm off to the shop to get some. Seriously lol (not eaten since 1).

IRBlueMoon
21-03-2008, 09:10 PM
I was merking some American on Fifa about 45 minutes ago, 20 minutes gone and I was winning 2:0 (He was AC and I was Man City :rolleyes:). Low and behold he kept going 'YOUR QUEENS A *****', 'YOUR SAD MAN', 'YOU DON'T KNOW NUTHING BOUT SOCCER DUDE', 'STUPID BRITISH KIDS' and then leaves.

1) As if I'd be offended by him insulting the Queen? :rolleyes:
2) Hmm OK then... he's American and talking about 'soccer' luls.
3) That's us eh? Stupid British kids, at least we don't carry guns and blow up half of our school mates. :rolleyes:

bizzle
21-03-2008, 09:11 PM
i reckon some1 should say
u can stuff ur ******* burgers up ur ****

Technologic
21-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Tbh when playing online i just reply "gladly, after this i'm off to visit the queen"

Callum.
21-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I usually get "Go brush your teeth" or "Go back to hogwarts" so i just reply with the emergency service number and usually they shut up (You know what i meen most of you)

Nah, that's way to low.

I'd never think of saying such a nasty thing. So many INNOCENT people died that day and you're using it as a cus when a American who was not in the incident says something like "Go brush your teeth"

Mean man, mean.

Oleh
21-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Well i dont find it a bad thing , They Go on about how we needed them in the war and that they couldve done it by themselfs and so on so i think its fair , they talk about our mishaps we talk about theirs

Callum.
21-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Well i dont find it a bad thing , They Go on about how we needed them in the war and that they couldve done it by themselfs and so on so i think its fair , they talk about our mishaps we talk about theirs

But you're also talking about the British people who were in the centers that day, the soliders in Iraq and any other things caused my terrorism.

Wow, I got told to brush my teeth, I got told that the British need them in the war (we did), I got told that the queen is gay oh well, you should really leave anything about 9/11 out of it.

Oleh
22-03-2008, 12:00 AM
My personal opinion , they just tell us to "**** you silly brits" whenever we insult them anyother way , sorry if you feel different

Callum.
22-03-2008, 12:03 AM
My personal opinion , they just tell us to "**** you silly brits" whenever we insult them anyother way , sorry if you feel different

We have our comebacks, even though they say really crap cusses. But it's to far bringing terrorism cus it could be your family dead.

Moh
22-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Why do most american houses look like there made of wood?

Bren
22-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Be right back, just getting some crumpets.

Andeeh
22-03-2008, 02:38 AM
God and there accent impersonation of us? i mean wth..

also they tell me i got yellow teeth?

and it seems to happen on cod4 most.

Gnome
22-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah, repeated saying of: " Go eat haggis " or " Go wear your skirt "

and then you get some like, 9 year old american with his rat voice in the back like

" lolololololool "

awelsh
22-03-2008, 12:20 PM
yeh i had some moron last night just repeating "nerds, nerds,nerds" he sounded like he was 5. And some other ****** saying something, so we asked how old he was and he told us he was 10 -.-

Moh
22-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Does yellow teeth mean the stains from tea?

Jordy
22-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Why do most american houses look like there made of wood?Because they are made out of wood, hence why they look like it :P

Wood is cheaper and some parts of America are reasonably poor, but the main reason is because they have a lot of Earthquakes. If you have a big earthquake and your house is made of bricks, the bricks will crumble, one will give way and the whole house falls down. If you use wood and there's an Earthquake, the wood will bend a little. Meaning that wood with stands earthquakes better than bricks - Geography lesson of the day.

I can't say I've had crumpets thrown at me yet, but a few insults to the monarchy and tea, it amuses me almost as much as it amuses them. Most of them go:
oh my god your british!
Yeah...
wow dude which bit?
You probably won't know
I know but tell me anyway!
Nottingham...
I've never heard of that! How's the weather in Britain?
Ahh its not bad, bit of rain, bit of sunshine...
We have 4ft of snow over here!
good for you...

Why do I have to be referred to as British though? That's the most agonising part, I want to be known as English not British! British insinuates I could be Welsh or Scottish and that is a hell of a insult.

drama
22-03-2008, 02:45 PM
if anyone says: go eat some crumpets etc to me i just say: Go eat yourself to an early grave :S

Jam
23-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I was playing grifball and this american was argueing with a fellow UK'ian on my team, so I butted in. I got told to go eat my "crimpit". I then repeativly said crimpit then said "Its called a crumpet you r----d".

Then he screamed down the microphone shouting "Shut the f--k up" while I laughed my head off.

awelsh
23-03-2008, 06:10 PM
we had the best american insult thrown at us yesterday, group of 5 of my mates. Some american guy just goes "Go die you 3 nippled come shark" funny as hell.

bizzle
23-03-2008, 06:58 PM
When i get my headset im just gonna say
Shut the **** up you yanki ****

benjamin
23-03-2008, 06:59 PM
I get the same and I'm from Oxford lol.
When they ask where I live, they automaticly think I'm posh and got a rich family =S. They're soo stereotypical when it comes to doing british accents. Same with us to them really.

Pyroka
23-03-2008, 07:02 PM
on the topic of tea and crumpets, can i have some? one is most parched.

god the americans would orgasm over that you know. thats why im going to become a regular youtuber. it's always americans and australians so lets get a cool UK boy who does tons of random crap. woo hoo.

ontopic: i like tea and crumpets!

Viruz
23-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Lmao i hate Americans but not all just bout 80% this one kid was like you british cigerette i was like im not british and he was like you so are you have the accent i was like you aret-ard and then he was like you british need to brush your teeth i was quite confused by this because americans pay like 10 grand to have their teeth whitend where the british are like screw you and your fake looks. any americans explain this too me why you talk so much trash???????

Tink
23-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Uhh this american dude asked me to "Bobba off and drink tea" 'cause i twas poking him :>

I said "NO YOU EAT BURGERS ANIMAL KILLER"

Im a veggie btw lol. :eusa_danc

Tink
23-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Lmao i hate Americans but not all just bout 80% this one kid was like you british cigerette i was like im not british and he was like you so are you have the accent i was like you aret-ard and then he was like you british need to brush your teeth i was quite confused by this because americans pay like 10 grand to have their teeth whitend where the british are like screw you and your fake looks. any americans explain this too me why you talk so much trash???????

OMG I So Agree. This american noob said on Y!A (Ano Im Sad) We need to brush our teeth so i answered the question and said "You americans need to brush yours" They also called us british "FAT" When most fast food restaurants was introduced to us by Americans.Time for WAR.:eusa_wall

Edited by Nick- (Forum Administrator): Please do not double post.

Viruz
23-03-2008, 08:47 PM
best way to shut an american up say "you were conceived in mcdonalds and your father is ronald mcdonald" they are so taken back by it.

Tink
23-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Because they are made out of wood, hence why they look like it :P

Wood is cheaper and some parts of America are reasonably poor, but the main reason is because they have a lot of Earthquakes. If you have a big earthquake and your house is made of bricks, the bricks will crumble, one will give way and the whole house falls down. If you use wood and there's an Earthquake, the wood will bend a little. Meaning that wood with stands earthquakes better than bricks - Geography lesson of the day.

I can't say I've had crumpets thrown at me yet, but a few insults to the monarchy and tea, it amuses me almost as much as it amuses them. Most of them go:
oh my god your british!
Yeah...
wow dude which bit?
You probably won't know
I know but tell me anyway!
Nottingham...
I've never heard of that! How's the weather in Britain?
Ahh its not bad, bit of rain, bit of sunshine...
We have 4ft of snow over here!
good for you...

Why do I have to be referred to as British though? That's the most agonising part, I want to be known as English not British! British insinuates I could be Welsh or Scottish and that is a hell of a insult.

Whayyy Nottingham!!!!!
Also uhh... Loads of foreign people are like when i say Nottingam they metion 'Robin Hood'

And I agree.

Alan_Carr
23-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah, they say that to me all the time
But i just cuss their mum's cos im hard

drama
23-03-2008, 09:20 PM
them (to others): dude i think he's british

them: dude were are you from?

me: iraqistan (made up i know..) why don't you use you're ignorance of the east to work out where that is?

them: what the **** did you say you british ******!?!

me: i love you.

---
That was hilariousss today.
I'm 72% avoided now though :(

Jord
24-03-2008, 02:07 AM
i told them to eat some burgers

haha nice my matt

Some kid said to me "Do you eat tea and crumpets" I was like f off we all dont eat that ***!

bizzle
24-03-2008, 11:19 AM
some kid yesterday goes

shut the **** up u yanki ****.
couldnt of put it better myself.

IRBlueMoon
24-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Whayyy Nottingham!!!!!
Also uhh... Loads of foreign people are like when i say Nottingam they metion 'Robin Hood'

And I agree.
Why post to get your count up? :rolleyes:

Tink
24-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Why post to get your count up? :rolleyes:

Sorry didn't mean it to be that way:( -CRYS IRL.-
-.- I was trying to make a point and i kinda tried to make a point :l
So yeah sorry...... :l -shuts up-
And tbh i don't want to get my count up ... 'cause i would of got it up ages ago if i was here everyday since 2006 :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!